Bazley Decommits | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think we will be fine but very low class of Bazley. If he makes his damn mind up sooner we can recruit others. By committing and then waiting until everyone is gone he screws us in recruiting. Te article said he is mature but this is a very immature (me first ) thing to do.

And, seriously, to each his own, but choosing to ride buses and earn $26,000 to live in Abilene rather than go to college for a year? Let's just say that I don't agree with the values behind that decision.

I really wouldn't put Moyer in the same sentence with those other two.
agree dont really know that he is much more than a depth loss. That said and i haven't followed closely but is there more than just conjecture that says Moyer would try to convince Bazely not to come?

We go from a potential top 10/top-tier ACC team to a potential top 25 team/mid-tier ACC, but just no depth AGAIN... If everyone stays healthy still have Frank, Carey, Hughes, Oshae, Marek, Chukwu, Sidibe which is a pretty good lineup but not what it could have been with Bazley.

This hurts our team next year, but it really hurts how we (fans) and any objective observer's perception of our recruiting. He was a symbol of the next age of JB and proof that Top 10 kids would still pick us. Now thats gone. It opens up the old recruiting questions again (please don't overreact). How does staff fill all the scholarship holes (4?)?

It wouldn't be SU hoops without drama..ugh.

That would be the theory.

JB was going on about the G League in one of those pressers, how ridiculous it would be for 18 year old kids riding the busses with 23 year olds, etc.

Oh well...
This must not have been a surprise to the coaches. At least not a surprise today.

I have no idea. Honestly. Just when Moyer left, I actually thought I hope this doesn't hurt us with Bazley. But then I thought, where could he go? Now I know.

Ok got it. Ill go out on a limb and say that this decision probably had very little to do with Moyer. Unlikely a guy who thinks he can play in the G league is worried about the same thing that Moyer is worried about.

Lets hope for a miracle and he changes his mind. I cant imagine what is going thru the coaches minds right now. Dude was literally talking about Syracuse in great detail about next year and all of a sudden this, sketchy as hell

Ok got it. Ill go out on a limb and say that this decision probably had very little to do with Moyer. Unlikely a guy who thinks he can play in the G league is worried about the same thing that Moyer is worried about.
Let me try this on for size. Bazley talked about how comfortable he felt at Syracuse. And then he learns from Moyer, everything isn't as rosy as he thinks it is.

Bazley said the following:

“I’m aware that this might start a trend and that’s one of the reasons why I am doing this,” Bazley told Yahoo Sports. “I’m outspoken and I like to speak on things. This is me speaking through my actions, speaking through my character. This is going to happen down the road and become more common. But someone has to start the fire — and I believe I’m going to do that, and it’s very important to me."

Well, congratuf'inglations - great trend, screw the school you signed with. I hope kids don't follow in those footsteps. I'd be a lot more OK with this if he decided it 3 or 4 months ago. Now we're up a creek and need to find a grad transfer, or much lesser recruit. Just disappointed in the way this played out. Frustrating to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom