Bazley Decommits | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made it public when his father became a helicopter parent and interfered with his team. All bets were off. If you ever coach a team, not at the pee wee level, you'll get a taste of it.

That's not what happened but keeping disparaging a great family. Fred Moyer went to SU as a last resort after their calls were ignored. Please know the facts before posting this stuff.

My question was posed to those that feel we're better off without him.

Nobody should feel that way.

Nobody should feel that way.

BAZLEY: It is what it is. Free will under the rules as they exist.
Changes to existing rules:
The NBA, helping college basketball out, changes the rules to no more going NBA out of high school and YOU CAN'T GO to the “ABCDEF” or “G” league to get to us.
If you want to, you may go through the combine process, (if you are invited - if you are not then assume your talent is still not good enough to be in the LEAGUE), where you will be evaluated and told if you are good enough to be drafted OR NOT. If NOT then you are free to go back to your school and go through the process the next year.
YOU HAVE TO ATTEND TWO YEARS OF COLLEGE NO MATTER WHAT then you can, if you want to, hire an agent and try and get drafted - of course we are lowering the minimum NBA salary for a first year player who sticks to $100,000 no matter the agent or not.
If you are not draft material by the end of your junior year you may apply to the G league or go play in Europe. The salary in the G league
is $100,000 enough to help the player make a wage to support himself and his family if he has one.
This accomplishes several things. It helps the student athlete get an education, helps the university win, helps the economy where the university is, and helps develop the player to a very high level that the NBA will be proud of and take a serious look at the athlete on the way to drafting her or him. And the minimum salary at that point is $600,000. Or if you are a lottery pick, millions.

Comment: A Le Bron James, or Kobe Bryant do not come along every year even if they do they would be included in the above process unless the new NBA right to override the system and put them through a small combine or workout for several teams and sign them is observed and undertaken.

Staff was blindsided.

I remember in the Fall, we had stories about Lavar Ball reaching out to both Carey and Bazley for his developmental league. I don't know if Ball just printed up a list of ESPN's top 150 and started cold calling or if he reached out to those kids that he felt he had a chance to get based on AAU circuit talk. If it's the latter, then the staff shouldn't have been blindsided.

I get the sense that these days you have to be monitoring these kids, both recruits and commits, 24-7 to make sure they find their way to campus eventually. I'm not always convinced that we're doing that kind of legwork, though. But you would know better.

I remember in the Fall, we had stories about Lavar Ball reaching out to both Carey and Bazley for his developmental league. I don't know if Ball just printed up a list of ESPN's top 150 and started cold calling or if he reached out to those kids that he felt he had a chance to get based on AAU circuit talk. If it's the latter, then the staff shouldn't have been blindsided.

I get the sense that these days you have to be monitoring these kids, both recruits and commits, 24-7 to make sure they find their way to campus eventually. I'm not always convinced that we're doing that kind of legwork, though. But you would know better.
This is my thing right here. If Bazley did this to K, K would turn him and tell him it’s horrible. JB is pretty laissez faire with this stuff.

I think our assistants do a good enough job with this. Not sure the HC is as engaged as he used to be. That matters more for some recruits than others.

I think our assistants do a good enough job with this. Not sure the HC is as engaged as he used to be. That matters more for some recruits than others.
But disengagement is good in this instance. There's no fixing nonsense like this, or putting an intelligent spin on a circus stunt. He's off the rails, probably with a bag of cash. IMO disengagement is the way to go - the high road. Better to concentrate on getting another quality forward and maybe a 3rd center for next year, than worrying about a 17-year-old's bus tour of Sioux Falls.

Last edited:
All this talk that JB was re-energized on the recruiting trail was just that then. All talk.

All this talk that JB was re-energized on the recruiting trail was just that then. All talk.
Not necessarily. He was more visible last summer. The final years Hop was here was a different story.

That's not what happened but keeping disparaging a great family. Fred Moyer went to SU as a last resort after their calls were ignored. Please know the facts before posting this stuff.
Think what you want, but when you send your kid away to play D-1 major college basketball you are putting them in the coaches hands. You can spin it all you want, but embarrassing a HOF coach on social media is not the way to properly handle the situation.

Think what you want, but when you send your kid away to play D-1 major college basketball you are putting them in the coaches hands. You can spin it all you want, but embarrassing a HOF coach on social media is not the way to properly handle the situation.
So none of the coaches should respond to a phone call from a player’s parent who is injured?

You holding. Moyer’s mom responsible how about we hold our HC to the same standard. You don’t think this will be used against us in recruiting?

Boeheim’s press conference after the Wake game is defended by a lot of people. JB was wrong even if you want to blame Moyer’s Mom as well.

So none of the coaches should respond to a phone call from a player who is injured?

You holding. Moyer’s mom responsible how about we hold our HC to the same standard. You don’t think this will be used against us in recruiting?

Boeheim’s press conference after the Wake game is defended by a lot of people. JB was wrong even if you want to blame Moyer’s Mom as well.

Curious to know the backstory. Was the relationship between staff and family good at that point? Was it already strained and the staff was fed up with dealing with them? Just seems odd and it’s hard to get too caught up in it without knowing the whole scope of things.

Regardless, I disagreed with Boeheim’s press conference comments. Even if they were the worst parents to deal with(and I’m not saying or assuming that’s the case at all), I still would disagree with how he handled that part. Should’ve just brushed it off and moved on IMO. All the same, I don’t think it was THAT big of a deal either.

So none of the coaches should respond to a phone call from a player’s parent who is injured?

You know the deal. If the trainers say that the player is good to go then that means he is good to go and the coach expects him to play. If you're not happy with it you deal with it. But you don't deal with it on social media.

Curious to know the backstory. Was the relationship between staff and family good at that point? Was it already strained and the staff was fed up with dealing with them? Just seems odd and it’s hard to get too caught up in it without knowing the whole scope of things.

Regardless, I disagreed with Boeheim’s press conference comments. Even if they were the worst parents to deal with(and I’m not saying or assuming that’s the case at all), I still would disagree with how he handled that part. Should’ve just brushed it off and moved on IMO. All the same, I don’t think it was THAT big of a deal either.
I remember listening to JB's comments at the time after first reading a few frantic H0T Takes from the usual suspects on this board. What JB said (and his tone) seemed pretty innocuous to me, and that was before I knew Mrs. Moyer had previously commented on her son's situation on social media. I may go back and listen to that presser again to see if I missed something truly nefarious on JB's part, but I don't believe that was the case.

I remember listening to JB's comments at the time after first reading a few frantic H0T Takes from the usual suspects on this board. What JB said (and his tone) seemed pretty innocuous to me, and that was before I knew Mrs. Moyer had previously commented on her son's situation on social media. I may go back and listen to that presser again to see if I missed something truly nefarious on JB's part, but I don't believe that was the case.
Much ado about nothing if you ask me.

NO!!!!
CONTEXT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT
GET A CLUE

It’s not like Moyer’s parents were calling every game.
From I was told they wasn’t any problems with the family prior to the injury. Moyer and GMac were tight.
GMac did all the work to get the kid.

He stayed loyal after the sanctions and was helpful on Twitter.

The relationship became nuclear after the injury and no communication. Which caused Moyer’s dad to drive up for the Wake and the press conference basically ended the relationship.
Dasher has been on the money on this one with analysis.

The coach was wrong but the player wasn’t going to get much PT beyond being depth. The problem is the HC needs keep stuff in-house if even a parent goes on social media. Steve Alford handled Lavar perfectly.

JB has handled Bazley perfectly IMO since he decommited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom