Bazley Decommits | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid owes nothing to us.
Maybe not to us fans, but there should be a breach of contract with the school. There was a lot of $$$ tied up in that LOI - from a business and economic impact to the school and the community -- if you want to want to get right down to it. You sign with a school that should count for something. The program makes business decisions based on that LOI for fuq's sake.

This absolutely needs to be addressed moving forward. Somehow. The NBA wants to keep their D, G, and F Leagues? Fine. But once a player commits to the amateur route there needs to be some time commitment honored going forward or the top programs will have zero roster stability and very little ability to plan for next month, let alone next year. Bottom line - the NBA needs to do something and fast or college hoops is going to become such a hot mess and ratings will plummet.

From the perspective of a Syracuse basketball fan, this is extremely disappointing news.

But if I was a completely neutral observer and taking his commitment to Syracuse completely out of the equation, I would have advised him to go to the G-League instead of playing college basketball.
Tell that to Townie.
He paid for educations at 4 private schools.

From the perspective of a Syracuse basketball fan, this is extremely disappointing news.

But if I was a completely neutral observer and taking his commitment to Syracuse completely out of the equation, I would have advised him to go to the G-League instead of playing college basketball.
That is what will be proven I guess - his brand won't be furthered in the G-League but I think his game will be. Talent is better and contrary to popular opinion here, the coaching is good. Very interesting to see how this turns out.

JB and the guys just need to buckle down here in the spring/summer time and get to work. Replace him with a grad transfer and hopefully land a sf/pf tweener and we'll make it work

Conflicted on this. Never for a second did I think this was a possibility. Disappointing as it does truly us.
BUT, I think he is the first real domino to fall in changing the landscape, someone had to do it...

I'm not sure that as a program, we can bounce back from this setback.

Honestly -- this kid is a major talent. We obviously can't replace that now, and it tanks next season.
Yep and if this becomes a trend it's a game changer for college hoops. All the best players bolting right to this league? Better drop the prices of tickets, coaches salaries, etc. Yeah thanks NBA, this is potentially earth shaking and monumental.

Agreed. This stinks for us. But we need the one and done to go away for the good of college bball...and hopefully this triggers the NBA and NBAPA to make some moves to expanding the g league or opening the draft back up to high schoolers

Maybe not to us fans, but there should be a breach of contract with the school. There was a lot of $$$ tied up in that LOI - from a business and economic impact to the school and the community -- if you want to want to get right down to it. You sign with a school that should count for something. The program makes business decisions based on that LOI for fuq's sake.
Until a few years ago the school could pull the kids scholly at will. No right side or wrong side in my mind.

There is something wrong with our program for this to happen.

Good bye top 25 all season next year.

Down to 8 healthy bodies and Buddy next year.

We only have 2 forwards right now LOL.
If Brissett stays. Call me worried.

sad day for college basketball...

if the kid wanted to do this fine, but why wait until recruiting is over? they need a declare date for the g-league or go to college

this kills recruiting classes

this is the beginning of a bad trend...

If Bazley is going to the G league to get paid I would have to imagine quite a few other (better players) would do the same

"Getting paid"??? They only make like $26,000 a year ??? What !!

This breaks my freaking heart, I have to be honest. I have suffered through some terrible SU basketball. This is like ripping your heart from your chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom