Benny would be our biggest portal pick up | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Benny would be our biggest portal pick up

As a team, we shot well from 3 but we didn’t shoot high volume. With higher volume, you expect % to go down.
Do we expect that?

I was driving the "SHOOT MORE THREES" train for the last month of the season. I think the paltry volume of threes we took was inexcusable and a colossal failure of offensive approach.

Assuming we have Judah, Bell, Benny and Starling on the roster next year, it should be bombs away. I suspect our team 3P percentage will actually be better next year.

I'd go after Jessie Edwards of Syracuse if I were Red. I'd tell him he could shoot more 12 to 15 foot jumpers to add to his game and make him more attractive to the NBA.

And get stronger!

vintage-charles-atlas-comic-book-ad.jpg

I'd go after Jessie Edwards of Syracuse if I were Red. I'd tell him he could shoot more 12 to 15 foot jumpers to add to his game and make him more attractive to the NBA.
If it's the difference between staying or going, let Edwards shoot a couple threes every game. Forget about 12 footers

Last edited:
Do we expect that?

I was driving the "SHOOT MORE THREES" train for the last month of the season. I think the paltry volume of threes we took was inexcusable and a colossal failure of offensive approach.

Assuming we have Judah, Bell, Benny and Starling on the roster next year, it should be bombs away. I suspect our team 3P percentage will actually be better next year.
with good or even average three point shooters with the guards penetrating abilities we should have plenty of decent looks on kickouts

check my posts. i've always been a benny fan . never got the naysayers.
the kid is a multi talented swing . he's not gonna be a PF punching at that weight class. but given space this guy can create. granted defense needs work but who really plays anything other than matador in a zone ? i truly hope #13 returns for another year. but i know a lotta other teams want him as well. he good.

Mintz-Starling-Williams. When was the last time we had 5-star guys at three positions?
Judah and Benny were actually 4 stars (but 5 stars in our hearts and minds ;) )

Judah and Benny were actually 4 stars (but 5 stars in our hearts and minds ;) )

I remember Benny being described as a 5 star at one point and he was rated #32. Judah got a #35 rating from ESPN so I assume he was the same, (and he was alot better than the #35 freshman in the country). I see Starling was #21 on 247, so apparently the cut-off was between those ratings.

Let's put it this way. For years we've been complaining about getting triple-digit recruits and we could have #21, $32 and $35 in our starting line-up next year. When did we last have three guys rated that highly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom