bills - jags streaming | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

bills - jags streaming

It's most certainly not every game, and if you watch losing team's games, almost the same thing happens. The Bucs literally had like 5 wins stolen from them last year but iffy officiating; it's the only reason they were able to get Jameis.

I've only seen the play from the three angles (1. TV angle; 2. zoomed in angle looking down the field; 3. zoomed in angle behind Walters and Robey), but you can't tell from any of them if Robey pushes him or not. I think Mike Pereira (who disagreed with the call as well) was saying that pushing with your shoulder the way Robey may have (hard to tell from the angle) is only a foul if you're pushing through their back rather than against the shoulder. From the ref's angle, who was looking down the field rather than watching from behind, he may have thought Robey was pushing through Walters' back as the play was happening in full speed. Whereas from the angle where the camera is behind the play, you can tell in slow motion that any pushing was shoulder to shoulder, and therefore, it should have gone uncalled, but unfortunately, that isn't the angle that the ref had.

The only way that someone can think this was the worst call of all-time is if this was the only football game they've ever watched.

At the end of the day, it sucks to lose a game as close as this one when a call like that goes against you, but the officiating was still just a small reason for the loss. The defense once again struggled, EJ personally handed Jacksonville 14 points, McCoy's fumbled at the goal line, etc. Those were all much larger reasons for the loss.

Edit: The hold on the winning touchdown, however, was indefensible. I don't know how that call could have been missed unless a ref just flat out wasn't watching the offensive line.
I've watched a lot of football and that PI call was up there. If it had happened in a playoff game, it would be all over sports talk today.

As far as the non-holding call, I legit didn't even get upset when dude caught the TD because I was waiting for the flag icon to pop up in the corner and when it didn't I just laughed...because I'm a Bills fan...and that ish happens every game to us.

Your point on Tampa Bay is what I'm talking about. The NFL seems biased/scripted and unless you're a big market team, deal with it.

That game yesterday pushed me over the edge. Yea, EJ sucked for 2 quarters but he pulled it together and put points on the board. The defense, while not great, looked like last year's defense once they got that goal line stand in the 3rd quarter and on. The team was gutsy and didn't deserve to lose ANOTHER game because of officiating. I'm just over it and over the NFL in general. I'll watch Buffalo games but outside of that, league.

I've watched a lot of football and that PI call was up there. If it had happened in a playoff game, it would be all over sports talk today.

As far as the non-holding call, I legit didn't even get upset when dude caught the TD because I was waiting for the flag icon to pop up in the corner and when it didn't I just laughed...because I'm a Bills fan...and that ish happens every game to us.

Your point on Tampa Bay is what I'm talking about. The NFL seems biased/scripted and unless you're a big market team, deal with it.

That game yesterday pushed me over the edge. Yea, EJ sucked for 2 quarters but he pulled it together and put points on the board. The defense, while not great, looked like last year's defense once they got that goal line stand in the 3rd quarter and on. The team was gutsy and didn't deserve to lose ANOTHER game because of officiating. I'm just over it and over the NFL in general. I'll watch Buffalo games but outside of that, league.

I'd argue that if it happened in the first quarter and Jacksonville didn't score on the drive, Bills fans wouldn't even remember it as a bad call. Or hell, even in that exact situation, if Jacksonville doesn't score on that drive, it would be forgotten about. It was a bad call, but it was defensible, and I think you generally see worse calls in the majority of games; this was just your average bad call that had a greater than average impact on the final score.

And I know you watch a lot of football which is why I'm so surprised that you honestly think it's one of the worst calls you've ever seen. My guess is that fans of just about every other fan base would have examples that they believe are worse than that call.

I'd argue that if it happened in the first quarter and Jacksonville didn't score on the drive, Bills fans wouldn't even remember it as a bad call. Or hell, even in that exact situation, if Jacksonville doesn't score on that drive, it would be forgotten about. It was a bad call, but it was defensible, and I think you generally see worse calls in the majority of games; this was just your average bad call that had a greater than average impact on the final score.

And I know you watch a lot of football which is why I'm so surprised that you honestly think it's one of the worst calls you've ever seen. My guess is that fans of just about every other fan base would have examples that they believe are worse than that call.
Robey barely touched him and was going for the interception of an uncatchable ball. It was such a mundane play that I still can't believe the ref even had a momentary thought to throw the flag, let alone actually throw it.

Then, to make matters worse, Bortles rolls out after being pressured by Hughes and Hughes gets held right in front of the ref allowing Bortles time to scramble and hit the open man for a TD.

Can I persuade you that, that entire series from the PI to non-hold is some of the most one-sided awful officiating you've ever seen in a game deciding moment?

Melancer46 said:

You're the only person in the world I've heard even moderately suggest the call was "defensible"

As I mentioned I was even on the train with a pretty well-known TV personality who I think still runs a pre-game show (I don't watch them much anymore) and I only had a chance for minor chit-chat but I did throw in "my Bills got hosed on that pass interference call" and he didn't say anything specifically but he nodded knowingly.

But I get your broader point...there are bad calls...but the fact that that call was made at that time/place makes it one of the worst calls of all time. You have to realize there's hyperbole in that statement

I was the same way. It had to have been in clear view of an official because it was close to where the QB was. I was unconcerned about the would be TD pass cuz I knew it was coming back. Really bad. Look, I know there are bad calls in every game and I don't think there is a conspiracy, but I'm getting pretty tired of really bad calls going against the Bills in game changing situations. Hoping the odds even out.

Toga said:
I was the same way. It had to have been in clear view of an official because it was close to where the QB was. I was unconcerned about the would be TD pass cuz I knew it was coming back. Really bad. Look, I know there are bad calls in every game and I don't think there is a conspiracy, but I'm getting pretty tired of really bad calls going against the Bills in game changing situations. Hoping the odds even out.

I realize I am tiresome on this point so I'll just say this and go away on the topic

The calls will not even out because they are INTENTIONAL. It's really as simple as that.

Have you ever noticed how a lot of bad calls against the Bills are not shown on replay? I have...

1) On Sunday the Bills get a 30 yard punt return, NOPE, block in the back. The crack production crew can't seem to find a replay, but they can manage to focus on the Bills coaching staff, who are watching the replay on the jumbotron. Of course, there is no block in the back, and the Coaches react in anger, feeding into the narrative that they are renegade, undisciplined whiners who deserve the serious disparity in penalties they normally face. I have no opinion, because no replay, but the Bills coaches are usually pretty fair (the Rex shrug) so we can assume this was hogwash.

2) Bills get into the Redzone and McCoy gets all the way down near the goalline (not the fumble) but no, a holding penalty on the Bills backs them up. Now this one I don't "believe" they showed a replay because I got distracted but I don't think they did. I think Bills settled for a FG there.

But the real kicker has to be the game-ending series:

Bills score a super-exciting Int return for TD to take the lead? 15-YARD CELEBRATION PENALTY. (what? Seriously? what did the Bills do, we'll never know no replay.

Followed by the two calls/non-calls that we've discussed ad nauseum. Again, every team has plays like this...the Bills are the only ones I see this game after game, season after season...Rex, Marrone, whomever, doesn't matter.

Followed by the two calls/non-calls that we've discussed ad nauseum. Again, every team has plays like this...the Bills are the only ones I see this game after game, season after season...Rex, Marrone, whomever, doesn't matter.
THIS

how far did the tv coverage extend?? did Syracuse get it? what about Rochester??

did the smart tv yahoo app on samsung work good for anyone?

left right from church to go to the parking lot at Giants Stadium, so didnt get to try viewing.

how far did the tv coverage extend?? did Syracuse get it? what about Rochester??

left right from church to go to the parking lot at Giants Stadium, so didnt get to try viewing.
I have an iPad and had a black screen with just sound until mid-3rd quarter. Pretty sweet.

Went to Yahoo home page - one click and game is on. One more click to go full screen. Looked great so didn't bother trying to show it on my TV. Great feed, except once in awhile on a replay it would be slightly funky.

Just Buffalo as far as I know. I watched the stream on campus in Syracuse (alumni weekend) and it was beautiful. Looked clearer than my HD TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom