Billy Celuck | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Billy Celuck

George Papadakis!
There. I said it.

Terrible player who transferred and then was a chief NCAA witness for the first set of sanctions.

Their careers overlapped for at least a year but, like Williams, he was on a football scholly & walked-on for hoops. I think that may be him behind Duany in the photo you posted.

EDIT: That's actually not Campbell. It's from the Great Alaskan Shootout in '00-'01. Now I'm wondering who it is behind Duany??
Greg Davis?

nov-2000-the-syracuse-orangeman-celebrates-after-the-great-alaska-picture-id652369

View attachment 92861
Look at those teams. Thats why we need a great recruiter. Woof they were bad.

I have no idea how Shumper and Brown led that team to 25 wins. That team probably wins 10 in this years ACC.

Greg Davis?
I think Davis is back middle behind MEshaun & on Shumpert's right. I remember him having a cleanly shaven head. This is really bothering me now :(

EDIT: Actually, I think you're correct, it is Davis. Just looked up that year's roster photos & I'm pretty sure the bald guy next to Shump is walk-on Chris Schau. Thanks, now I can be productive at work ;)

I think Davis is back middle behind MEshaun & on Shumpert's right. I remember him having a cleanly shaven head. This is really bothering me now :(

EDIT: Actually, I think you're correct, it is Davis. Just looked up that year's roster photos & I'm pretty sure the bald guy next to Shump is walk-on Chris Schau. Thanks, now I can be productive at work ;)
I checked the roster and have no idea who else it could've been. This was taken after the championship game where we beat Mizzou by 20, so all the guys that don't play much got in for a minute at the end, which is why none of them are in warm up shirts. Schau, Thues and Davis all played 1 minute at the end.

I have no idea how Shumper and Brown led that team to 25 wins. That team probably wins 10 in this years ACC.
This year's team actually had more of an inside presence on offense than that one. Shump, Damone, Griff, Duany, Deshaun, all perimeter guys. I have no clue how they won 25 and got a 5 seed. They shot 33% from 3. Only 72 pts per game, but did get to the FT line a lot. I guess defensively it wasn't awful, though hardly great. 67 ppg allowed, but top 10 nationally in blocks and steals.

Maybe it was because we had a kid that actually ran an offense in Griffin? He averaged almost 7 assists and the team finished top 20 nationally in assists.

Our interior players were Celuck, McNeil, Davis and superstar Ethan Cole. Holy crap, that is awful...

I don't see hakim Warrick or Josh Pace so i am assuming this was 2000-2001 team. Hard to believe we won a NC only 2 years later. Thank god for Carmelo Anthony.

I checked the roster and have no idea who else it could've been. This was taken after the championship game where we beat Mizzou by 20, so all the guys that don't play much got in for a minute at the end, which is why none of them are in warm up shirts. Schau, Thues and Davis all played 1 minute at the end.
I remember those games starting at like 11:30pm. I was in middle school & had to beg my parents (okay, my father & I begged my mother lol) to stay up that late on school nights. I recall crushing Mizzou in the title game but I have a much more vivid memory of Shump dropping 36 on Depaul a round earlier.

This year's team actually had more of an inside presence on offense than that one. Shump, Damone, Griff, Duany, Deshaun, all perimeter guys. I have no clue how they won 25 and got a 5 seed. They shot 33% from 3. Only 72 pts per game, but did get to the FT line a lot. I guess defensively it wasn't awful, though hardly great. 67 ppg allowed, but top 10 nationally in blocks and steals.

Maybe it was because we had a kid that actually ran an offense in Griffin? He averaged almost 7 assists and the team finished top 20 nationally in assists.

Our interior players were Celuck, McNeil, Davis and superstar Ethan Cole. Holy crap, that is awful...
No doubt it was Griffin that led the way. He was a pure 1 who finally got a chance to play the 1 full-time that season and he was excellent. And I think SU fans also underrate Damone Brown. Just because those guys and Shumpert didn't have NBA careers doesn't mean they weren't very good college players.

I miss watching good players develop over the course of four years. Imagine that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom