BJ UPDATE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

BJ UPDATE

probably not? how about definitely not. I stand by my earlier post, I would rather have a program kid than a grad school merc.

Remember that time we brought in "merc" Wes Johnson, and he was Big East POY, a first-team All-American and was the best player on arguably our best team ever? That was so annoying.

Remember that time we brought in "merc" Wes Johnson, and he was Big East POY, a first-team All-American and was the best player on arguably our best team ever? That was so annoying.

I'm not sure that comparison quite works. While he only played one year, he did have two years of eligibility left and wasn't a graduate school transfer. That being said, I have no problem at all bringing in Andrew and an thrilled to have him

I'm not sure that comparison quite works. While he only played one year, he did have two years of eligibility left and wasn't a graduate school transfer.

At the end of the day, Wes played one year for us, and Andrew White will play one year for us.

image.jpeg
For those of you looking to follow BJ on the season here is the schedule:
Official Site of La Salle University Athletics

Proud Papa moment.
In many ways than one. My pops never saw me play at all and died (I actually found out a week later after he was cremated) before I could share any info of my playing days. So now you know partly why I continue to fight for BJ on this journey. You couldn't fathom the proudness and the emotions of this situation. Just keeping the Faith!!

Last edited:
I grew up close to Philly and watched some great LaSalle teams: Kenny Durrett, Billy Cannon. The 68-69 team went 22-1. The school has a great tradition, an NCAA championship, and an NIT championship when it meant just as much as the NCAA.

I grew up close to Philly and watched some great LaSalle teams: Kenny Durrett, Billy Cannon. The 68-69 team went 22-1. The school has a great tradition, an NCAA championship, and an NIT championship when it meant just as much as the NCAA.
That great team was just inducted into the Big 5 HOF this past summer.

As the season has rolled around and BJ is back in service, I would like to wish my second favorite team good luck on the season unless we meet in the tourney. Popcorn BJ and the gang are putting in that work in preparing for Explorer Nation success. Once apart of the Orange Family always apart of the Orange family. It becomes history!

BJ put on some bulk...good to see...it'll help...

And your second favorite team is now LaSalle? :rolleyes: