BJ UPDATE | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

BJ UPDATE

image.jpeg

That team has some legit height.
The front line goes 7'2" with frosh in the middle. He is a little raw and could possibly redshirt. Hell but he's 7'2"! Not bad though. The starters look like this 6'10", 6'9", 6'8", 6'5 and 6'0" (Washington-5, Henry-21, BJ-20, Price-21, Powell-0) Bench-Shuler-1, Roberts-3, Stukes-2, Sakhniuk-12, Phiri-13, Sullivan-31.

So is this where I'm supposed to chime in about how great of a player BJ is and he would be the best wing man on the team at this point of his development skill wise and physically as a reshirt junior at 6'8 200pds? The fact that if circumstances were different, we wouldn't need a BJ update thread because he would still be there. But I won't state the obvious and debate opinions with you'll on his abilities and what could've been!!! Everything will work out for BJ!! He is progressing well. Stay tuned for more BJ updates and NO I'm not debating on the could've, should've, would've scenario. :rolling:Just as you'll, I'm gonna enjoy the season of watching BJ work and attain his goals. (Team and Individual) so here goes: We in BJ' s camp set the standards as follows:

Team- A-10 regular and conference tourney champs, NCAA tourney and just getting in is the not acceptable. We all know that winning the NCAA chip is the goal for everyone, so that is the goal!!! That would be a very successful season from a team standpoint which takes us in the attaining of:

Individual-First of all for BJ is to be an academic all American, he currently carries a 3.5gpa (Marketing) with the expectations of turning those high B's into A's also. Now to hoops, attaining those successes mentioned above would lead to BJ being an All-American and the first since the (L-Train) with numbers in the area of 20ppg, 10rpg, 5apg, 3spg and 2bpg. Big five and scholars player of the year ( 1st ever)
No with those goals being set and the work being put in on daily basis and currently to be the best, we here along with BJ believe that these are attainable. His mentality is of a mature young man who understands the nature of the business and continues to move forward and his physical appearance and skill set continues to improve and impress. We are hopeful that things will work out for him individually and as a team just as they did in high school when he put on the leaders boots and led his troops to victory. In planning, there is a method to our madness in these parts. So I'm gonna sit back and Popcorn! LGE-LGO OGBJ OUT!!!
Nice. Please ignore the rude people here, OGBJ20. We all know both BJ and another player or two AND JB and the entire SU basketball community got the shaft from the NCAA.

Our loss is LaSalle's gain. And I think the sad experience probably brought out the best in BJ and you as well.

Adversity tests the mettle of a person.

In many ways than one. My pops never saw me play at all and died (I actually found out a week later after he was cremated) before I could share any info of my playing days. So now you know partly why I continue to fight for BJ on this journey. You couldn't fathom the proudness and the emotions of this situation. Just keeping the Faith!!
That explains a lot.

Rest assured your dad knew all that you accomplished, and was proud of you.

OGBJ, so nice BJ is doing well and had a nice game! He must be excited to be back playing full time, looking ahead to the season. Too bad it didn't work out at Cuse, but just glad for the 2 of you.

They got the win but I don't think it was particularly a nice game. 3-10 from the field, 1-5 from 3.

They got the win but I don't think it was particularly a nice game. 3-10 from the field, 1-5 from 3.
Hmm, I thought I saw a box where he scored roughly 15 and had a few 3s. That's what I was referring to. Either that was another game or my brain has gone awry.