Blue Bloods | Syracusefan.com

Blue Bloods

My octogenarian mother loves that show!
Blue Bloods GIF by ION

I wouldn't count ucla as a bluebood anymore, along with Clown Pants U. It's not what you did 40+ years ago.

Last edited:
To me a blue blood has to have had considerable success with more than one coach. Kentucky, Duke, UNC, and Kansas have all had that. UCLA and Indiana have had blips outside of their legends but nothing significant. If UCLA can keep going what they have now, that could change.

To me a blue blood has to have had considerable success with more than one coach. Kentucky, Duke, UNC, and Kansas have all had that. UCLA and Indiana have had blips outside of their legends but nothing significant. If UCLA can keep going what they have now, that could change.
Not sure Duke necessarily applies to this. Duke won all their titles and went to 13 of their 17 final fours under one coach. Most of their success was under K.

What about Sparty?

Sparty fans deffo think they're blue blood...

Last edited:
Not sure Duke necessarily applies to this. Duke won all their titles and went to 13 of their 17 final fours under one coach. Most of their success was under K.
Yeah UCLA has won a Natty without Wooden, and has had how many coaches take them to a Final Four? They are ahead of Duke

Sure, coach K elevated them, but 4 final fours prior to his arrival is also impressive.

Wait...gotta give Scheyer more than one season to do something.
Notwithstanding the fact that he had tremendous new talent tis year.

Remember that the ACC had a rule that only the tournament champion went to March Madness. The regular season champion and other ranked teams were SOL.

Remember that the ACC had a rule that only the tournament champion went to March Madness. The regular season champion and other ranked teams were SOL.

That was an NCAA rule.

They changed it in 1975.

That was an NCAA rule.

They changed it in 1975.
The ACC was one of the few that had a league tournament at the time (i.e., the champion could change post season and the regular season champ was sol).

The ACC was one of the few that had a league tournament at the time (i.e., the champion could change post season and the regular season champ was sol).

That was the risk you took for staging a conference tournament back then.

You made extra ticket and TV revenue, but your top team might get bounced.

Maryland was the #3 team in the country in 1974, but they got upset by NC State in the ACCT.

To me its a balance of historical and modern day.
I only have 4 clear cut - UNC, UK, Duke, Kansas.
Even if Duke's history is shorter, its still been 40 years at this point.
UCLA is close because they do not have quite enough modern day dominance in my view.
Indiana is out.

Using modern day criteria, we need to get it going soon under Red to maintain our tier 2 status.

Since it's inception, the term blueblood has been very subjective and fluid. Teams considered a blueblood 80+ years ago isn't the same as today. It's also not the same person to person, except probably for UNC, Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky. When I think of blueblood, it's these four.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom