Bob Chesney | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

Couple things. He's in his mid 40s so he's not young. Two I posted earlier Wildhack mentioned specials because the decision has been made and the AD wants to say the choice met his check list. Finally I don't believe all these HC kids leaving is a coincidence.
I think he's a good choice and hope he comes and brings his staff with him. Forcing Beck or anyone on him would be wrong.

Most of the teams in the Patriot league should be D3. There's usually a couple that are strong and the rest, Georgetown plays football in the Patriot.

Wut?

Couple things. He's in his mid 40s so he's not young. Two I posted earlier Wildhack mentioned specials because the decision has been made and the AD wants to say the choice met his check list. Finally I don't believe all these HC kids leaving is a coincidence.
I think he's a good choice and hope he comes and brings his staff with him. Forcing Beck or anyone on him would be wrong.

I don't think this will happen. On the flip side, at the lower level of the coordinator positions, I could see JW asking any new hire to consider someone like Nunzio but ultimately there's no way JW will force a new HC to hire someone. A new HC wouldn't come under those circumstances anyway.

Also, I'd be leery of him bringing all/most of his staff with him. We have the $ to fully upgrade any staff he previously had and you also need those connections for recruiting that a staff at Holy Cross just isn't going to have, despite how well they did.

What is really exciting is that SU has some seriously good coaching candidates. SU might not be a factory job but is a really great job. I feel good about this and I think JW is going to knock it out of the park with this hire. ACC football, New JMA, New athletic complex good NIL 12 team playoff SU is a great job

Wouldn’t read too much into hc portal. One of the few schools that is a college at a high level and no graduate school. So the portal would be their shot to play a 5th year

Once they missed an at large they wanted to make it known they aren’t done.

Of course it could mean everything too. Sluka will get alot of looks and will be in demand w NIL too.

Made some calls today. 2 of my closest friends in the football world. 1 in the NFL world and 1 in college recruiting/scouting. Here’s what they said about Bob

“Absolute idiots if SU doesn’t give him the job. There should be no other interviews”

“He knows a ton of coaches across the nation and a bunch of NFL scouts too. When he’s in the room, people listen. And if cuse doesn’t get him, someone else is going to and they will regret it. This is a home run hire. People don’t get how smart and hard working this dude is”

So there’s that ….

I call BS on that story. We do pretty darn well recruiting good students. John’s always talking about the importance of academics. He’s not telling a group of alumni that stuff.

I assumed that since he stated “I don’t have the facts” right before that nonsense, it was his weasel way of effectively saying “what I’m about to post is total bs, but by saying I don’t have the facts I’m making sure you can’t call me a liar”.

Made some calls today. 2 of my closest friends in the football world. 1 in the NFL world and 1 in college recruiting/scouting. Here’s what they said about Bob

“Absolute idiots if SU doesn’t give him the job. There should be no other interviews”

“He knows a ton of coaches across the nation and a bunch of NFL scouts too. When he’s in the room, people listen. And if cuse doesn’t get him, someone else is going to and they will regret it. This is a home run hire. People don’t get how smart and hard working this dude is”

So there’s that ….

He’s my #1 by a lot at this point.

If he brings Sluka, great.

Personally, all due respect to Tony White (who I wouldn’t hate as a choice), I want someone that has no previous ties to us. I want an HC. I want northeast.

Make this happen asap.

We need our Leipold

So there’s that ….
sold, let’s get it done!!!!!

Kind of prefer him to white or Lewis.

Would take liberty guy but that probably isn’t realistic.

Program isn’t that bad people need to realize we were supposed to go 8-4 with 4 OOC wins 4 losses and then 4 wins vs complete trash. GT and BC were worse than us by a mile and we lost so moved on.

I’m also ok with tweak former staff hires just not that low on us.

So there’s that ….

Yes the more I read and dig the better he becomes. His only negative is P5 experience every other aspect he is perfect candidate.

I feel if White didn’t coach here for a couple of years he wouldn’t even be in the discussion

So there’s that ….
I posted earlier if we don't take him BC will next year, and then we shall see.

He’s my #1 by a lot at this point.

If he brings Sluka, great.

Personally, all due respect to Tony White (who I wouldn’t hate as a choice), I want someone that has no previous ties to us. I want an HC. I want northeast.

Make this happen asap.

We need our Leipold
Sluka has entered the transfer portal as a Grad Transfer.

So there’s that ….
Did you happen to ask why no one has come calling if he's so smart/well-respected (or if they have, why he stayed at HC) in the last few years? He's been at HC since 2018, and a head coach since 2010.

Absolutely no snark here. Honestly curious.

Did you happen to ask why no one has come calling if he's so smart/well-respected (or if they have, why he stayed at HC) in the last few years? He's been at HC since 2018, and a head coach since 2010.

It's already a done deal, IMO. Just support him.

Reactions: FAL

I think many wanted to wait and make sure his results were legit

He’s being talked about a lot and I expect if we don’t take him, someone else is absolutely going to be calling

Leipold was at Wisconsin Whitewater for like 7 years then like five at Buff before Kansas.

You have to prove yourself.

This is when a program like Syracuse has to get a guy that may be the real deal.

My question still stands.
It's a good question. Guess my thought is only a few schools would consider a Patriot League guy and we are one? Has a PL league guy ever moved to P5?

He’s definitely going there after Hafleys first bad season.
Just what has BC's athletic department done in the last 30 years that would lead you to believe they have any clue about anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom