Bob Chesney | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

Cannon fodder

Whoever we get will end up having local kids, I just don't want it to factor into whoever we hire.

I don't know that much about high school football but my kids drag me to games and every single kid I saw would perish in a game against FSU

Since east high kid who looked like prime from Sanders against the kids he was playing is going to army, he looked the part
Dude you’re ridiculous talking 250-300 mile radius not 60 mile radius. Big difference. Sometimes I think you and Billy Joel like go to extremes a bit too much. Neither are good songs. We aren’t talking Geneva Vs Weedsport here

I just read a couple things about/from Chesney. I think he’s the guy. He had some things to say about ST’s that really sound like the little slip JW had today.
Yeah, it was odd that he threw that in there. Seems like Chesney is the first choice, and everyone else under consideration will be compared to him. Personally, I'll be disappointed if it's not him after obsessively researching him all day. Lol.

And if we keep Beck, we probably keep our Georgia QB recruit.
I would take a look at John Troxell, head coach at Lafayette. Successful at every stop, and coached at Muelenberg in many offensive coaching positions, including OC. Some on here may remember we had a pretty successful coach from Muelenberg back in the day. Age 52. Currently Patriot league champs, beat HC and Chesney this year. Worth a look in my opinion.

I didn’t read all nine pages, so I’m sure it’s been said… but It can definitely work - look at Lance Leopold.

However, put me in the camp of wanting someone with p5 experience over the last two years that has experience managing NIL. (I know they’re not directly involved, but coaches need to manage and help raise a salary cap so to speak these days) and a P5 coordinator most likely has seen that.

Well done Qdawgg, well done.

In all seriousness though, he did just sign a 5 yr contract extension. So there would be some decent buyout but nothing close to a P5 buyout. I’m sure Holy Cross expected he could bolt and built that into his new contract. My guess is the buyout is in the 2-3 mill range. Maybe under 2.

I just read a couple things about/from Chesney. I think he’s the guy. He had some things to say about ST’s that really sound like the little slip JW had today.
Do you think it's difficult to pull off some big plays on special teams in the Patriot League? One or 2 real good athletes with a clever scheme and you can block some punts. Yea he's going to out think ACC coaches. OK.

I'm always looking for Moorhead...
shark tank drums GIF by Shark Tank, Network Ten

Do you think it's difficult to pull off some big plays on special teams in the Patriot League? One or 2 real good athletes with a clever scheme and you can block some punts. Yea he's going to out think ACC coaches. OK.

Umm... I realize it's your schtick but... let's use the brain a bit. The players in the Patriot league are proportionally athletic when they play each other in the same way ACC players are proportionally athletic to each other.

So... your post defies logic and I'm shocked.

But what I'm most shocked by is that the basis of my post has ZERO at all do with your reply. And I'm just dumbfounded that you're commenting to a post with a reply that has nothing to do with the post itself. Absolutely dumbfounded.

Umm... I realize it's your schtick but... let's use the brain a bit. The players in the Patriot league are proportionally athletic when they play each other in the same way ACC players are proportionally athletic to each other.

But what I'm most shocked by is that the basis of my post has ZERO at all do with your reply. And I'm just dumbfounded that you're commenting to a post with a reply that has nothing to do with the post itself. Absolutely dumbfounded.
Cut him some slack, he probably wants us to hire Macky

Most of the teams in the Patriot league should be D3. There's usually a couple that are strong and the rest, Georgetown plays football in the Patriot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom