Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game

Really???????? --- forty years in the biz versus Chad Ford? Listen ... chad has more contacts in the sense of 'nba people' but JB has more contacts in the sense of NBA people who matter ... ie GM's and Scouts ... not just SU but his work as USA assistant too
I highly doubt outside of USA basketball JB has many conservations with NBA head coaches or GMs.
JB wants to keep McCollough coachable. If JB think McC should stay two years he is being selfish.
I think Chad Ford has more info from NBA GMs than JB does.

What advice do you think JB would have given Dion before he left?

go - he was coveted for his size and athleticism at the position throughout the season ... JB used him as a sixth man to his advantage knowing full well Dion was gone

JB is known as a straight shooting players coach - he told Carmelo to go even if it meant negative things for JB

Grant AND Ennis and their families bought ESPN kool-aid last year and JB is pissed

now he doesnt want to see McCullough drink the same kool-aid ... different story between March and November

The only person who thinks Chris McCullough is a top 5 pick right now is someone who hasn't seen most of the other teams in America, or is stirring the pot to generate a little publicity for a game. Nobody in their right mind think CMac is top 5 pick right now. He might be by the end of the year, but only if we have a great season as a team. We saw how much "ESPN highlight reel" talent translated into a super high lottery pick with Donte Greene, and Jerami Grant and Tyler Ennis.
Who is saying McC is a top 5 pick? If the kid is a top 15 pick he could decide to leave early. Most of these kids go to school to play pro basketball. They make millions for their schools if they want to leave after 1 year they have every right.

I highly doubt outside of USA basketball JB has many conservations with NBA head coaches or GMs.
JB wants to keep McCollough coachable. If JB think McC should stay two years he is being selfish.
I think Chad Ford has more info from NBA GMs than JB does.
Really????? being a highly reagrded well respected coach who puts players in the nba for over four decades he does not speak to NBA teams? That is silly

JB is known as a straight shooting players coach - he told Carmelo to go even if it meant negative things for JB

I don't think Carmelo is the best example considering he was the most obvious 1 and done in the history of the program.

What advice do you think JB would have given Dion before he left?
I think he gives honest advice to those he thinks are NBA ready to leave.. Ennis might not see the court with the Suns for his whole rookie contract if dragic resigns with Bledsoe and Thomas also there. I don't understand why the Suns even drafted him...pretty much going to kill his early career. This article by Ford is rediculously early... 4 games in and he's a top 10 pick..not a large sample size...premature timing

orangenauburn said:
go - he was coveted for his size and athleticism at the position throughout the season ... JB used him as a sixth man to his advantage knowing full well Dion was gone JB is known as a straight shooting players coach - he told Carmelo to go even if it meant negative things for JB Grant AND Ennis and their families bought ESPN kool-aid last year and JB is pissed now he doesnt want to see McCullough drink the same kool-aid ... different story between March and November

Dion was looked as an undersized 2.

Of course he told Melo to go, if Melo didn't go it would make me wonder who the hell was advising him, not a difficult call to make.

It's not ESPN kool-aid, it's kids living out their dreams and collecting large paychecks doing it. I can't imagine why they would ever want to leave.

I can give you good reasons on why both Ennis and Grant should have left and should have stayed. Bad move or not a bad move, they made the choice and now both of them are closer to the NBA than CJ Fair and Kris Joseph are, both who both questioned leaving early and stayed. Both of whom may have made very big mistakes by doing so.

How did Ennis make a bad decision? He was a top 20 pick and is getting paid to develop instead of playing for free. He is getting pro coaching and is playing pro style offense and defense and not JB's zone defense and ISO offense.

Eagles20 said:
I think he gives honest advice to those he thinks are NBA ready to leave.. Ennis might not see the court with the Suns for his whole rookie contract if dragic resigns with Bledsoe and Thomas also there. I don't understand why the Suns even drafted him...pretty much going to kill his early career. This article by Ford is rediculously early... 4 games in and he's a top 10 pick..not a large sample size...premature timing

I think he gives honest advice as well, but by his recent quotes the past 5 years he seems a little out of touch with the draft.

I think the Suns picked him because they wanted to fleece the Raptors who didn't budge. I could be wrong but with the draft positions and the personnel the suns had during draft time it's quite possible.

That all said, Ennis will get a shot one day with the Suns, maybe not this year or next, but when he does he's a guard who doesn't turn the ball over. He's going to have a solid long career if he can not turn the ball over.

Some of you !!!

Maybe Coach and company should recruit less talented players.

Yeah, I think Coach is prob being a little selfish (Who could blame him) McCullough is a stud, that would only get better.

But, Coach was the one telling McCullough he was the best since Carmelo. So !!!

How did Ennis make a bad decision? He was a top 20 pick and is getting paid to develop instead of playing for free. He is getting pro coaching and is playing pro style offense and defense and not JB's zone defense and ISO offense.
The d league is a gimmick league... It really is a joke and doesn't improve you as a player. Look at what the rockets do with their d league team.. They are doing a study on 3pt shooting system. How would being a big man drafted by the rockets who gets sent to the d league improve his skill set. Iv watched d league games( not sure why) it's awful when it comes to improving a skill set. It's a park basketball game without any defense. The 5'6 from Baylor a few years ago was dropping 40 in games in the dleague

Really????? being a highly reagrded well respected coach who puts players in the nba for over four decades he does not speak to NBA teams? That is silly
You realize Syracuse doesn't exactly have the best reputation for its players entering the NBA. Outside of Melo we don't have another all-star.
Hak Warrick had a decent career, Etan Thomas had a good career.
Wallace, Flynn, Greene, Johnson haven't done much. Jason Hart had a decent career. Sherman Douglas and Ronny Seikely had solid careers but Billy Owens and PearlWashington didn't have great careers.

Our reputation for NBA players isn't great hopefully MCW and Dion Waiters can fix that.

You realize Syracuse doesn't exactly have the best reputation for its players entering the NBA. Outside of Melo we don't have another all-star.
Hak Warrick had a decent career, Etan Thomas had a good career.
Wallace, Flynn, Greene, Johnson haven't done much. Jason Hart had a decent career. Sherman Douglas and Ronny Seikely had solid careers but Billy Owens and PearlWashington didn't have great careers.

Our reputation for NBA players isn't great hopefully MCW and Dion Waiters can fix that.

But that doesn't mean that JB doesn't have NBA contacts.

The d league is a gimmick league... It really is a joke and doesn't improve you as a player. Look at what the rockets do with their d league team.. They are doing a study on 3pt shooting system. How would being a big man drafted by the rockets who gets sent to the d league improve his skill set. Iv watched d league games( not sure why) it's awful when it comes to improving a skill set. It's a park basketball game without any defense. The 5'6 from Baylor a few years ago was dropping 40 in games in the dleague
How would playing zone defense for another year help prepare for the NBA when zero NBA teams outside of OKC w/o Westbrook/Durant play zone defense.
Ennis is getting paid and he is getting pro coaching. If he has talent it will show.

But that doesn't mean that JB doesn't have NBA contacts.
I never said JB doesn't have NBA contacts. I said Chad Ford has more right now us his job is scouting future NBA prospects and he clearly speaks to NBA scouts/GMs when he does his list.
Where did I say JB has ZERO contacts? I said he works on USA basketball with pro coaches.

I never said JB doesn't have NBA contacts. I said Chad Ford has more right now us his job is scouting future NBA prospects and he clearly speaks to NBA scouts/GMs when he does his list.
Where did I say JB has ZERO contacts? I said he works on USA basketball with pro coaches.

Good point. Disregard my post. Not in the mood for a never ending discussion tonight.

How would playing zone defense for another year help prepare for the NBA when zero NBA teams outside of OKC w/o Westbrook/Durant play zone defense.
Ennis is getting paid and he is getting pro coaching. If he has talent it will show.
Its about the money...let's leave it at that. which is completely fine. I wouldn't pass up the money either. Players have come out and said you are basically a lot on your own to improve during the season and offseason in the NBA. With the travel and limited practices you don't get the attention you might think.

I may be misinformed, but isn't Ford merely reporting what he was told? If so, is JB simply calling him a liar? If so, what is the incentive to lie in this situation? Is Coach K upset about what he's reporting about Okafor?

I think he gives honest advice as well, but by his recent quotes the past 5 years he seems a little out of touch with the draft.

I think the Suns picked him because they wanted to fleece the Raptors who didn't budge. I could be wrong but with the draft positions and the personnel the suns had during draft time it's quite possible.

That all said, Ennis will get a shot one day with the Suns, maybe not this year or next, but when he does he's a guard who doesn't turn the ball over. He's going to have a solid long career if he can not turn the ball over.
They didn't do much to develop Kendall Marshall and he was shown the door. Obviously it's a different situation and a different player with Ennis but Marshall was a heady point guard coming out of college and they seemed to give up fast on him.

Eagles20 said:
They didn't do much to develop Kendall Marshall and he was shown the door. Obviously it's a different situation and a different player with Ennis but Marshall was a heady point guard coming out of college and they seemed to give up fast on him.

I don't know much about Marshall either and what happened with that, he was a lottery pick or close to it too. Who knows...

Mind you I think JB is the best thing on the Syracuse campus right now but I think he should never say anything about the draft process.
It appears these comments were to keep McCollough from developing a big head and becoming hard to coach but if he doesn't think McCollough would be a first round pick right now I think JB would get the 4 Pinocchios from the Washington Post. He knows the NBA drafts on upside and not finished products.

longtimefan said:
Just ask all the guys who return to the nest year after year.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom