Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game

Ennis was "this close" from falling all the way out of the first round. Could not have been drafted into a worse situation.
Ennis was picked 18th not 28th. I mean your entitled to your opinion but that is all your statement included.
Avery Bradley didn't get much PT his rookie year behind Rondo and Allen. The Celtics sent him to Maine he got playing time and his improved each year. I guess no player should leave early unless they are Carmelo Anthony.

How much money would Ennis be earning if he was playing college basketball? How would zone defense be helping develop Ennis for the NBA game?

I guess Gary Harris who went 19th "barely" went in the first round. The guy was likely a lottery pick after his Freshman year but returned and went 19th as a sophomore.

Yes. The lead guard on the worst team ever...and NBA ROY...and definitely getting a 2nd contract outside of serious injury. Are you still suggesting MCW made the wrong move?

He's fine, he's getting paid. One season he might break double digits in wins. Someone has to score. What the Sixers are doing shouldn't be allowed.

If he stayed he would've gotten better and probably not in Philly, so yeah, it would've helped him

I may be misinformed, but isn't Ford merely reporting what he was told? If so, is JB simply calling him a liar? If so, what is the incentive to lie in this situation? Is Coach K upset about what he's reporting about Okafor?
Ford is merely keeping the drivel going when he has nothing else to report. He is doing what is necessary to keep his job. He could care less if he is accurate or if he is filling a kids head with cr*p. It is pure guessing at this point and that is the point. The problem is the kids don't usually have the smarts to understand this. JB knows this and has the kids interests at heart more than some on here want to believe.

Last edited:
Alsacs said:
Ennis was picked 18th not 28th. I mean your entitled to your opinion but that is all your statement included. Avery Bradley didn't get much PT his rookie year behind Rondo and Allen. The Celtics sent him to Maine he got playing time and his improved each year. I guess no player should leave early unless they are Carmelo Anthony. How much money would Ennis be earning if he was playing college basketball? How would zone defense be helping develop Ennis for the NBA game?

The part of my post where I said he couldn't have been drafted into a worse situation is certainly my opinion. The part about him nearly falling out of the first round is not. Phoenix was a Hail Mary. You'll just have to choose to believe me or not.

The part of my post where I said he couldn't have been drafted into a worse situation is certainly my opinion. Then part about him nearly falling out of the first round is not. Phoenix was a Hail Mary. You'll just have to choose to believe me or not.
How the heck do you know if a team in the 20s wouldn't have taken Ennis and traded him. In the 2004 draft nobody thought Jamerr Nelson would fall into the 20s and then Denver picked and him traded him to Orlando for a future pick.
The Suns took Rondo for the Celtics the followjng year. How the heck can you say if Ennis didn't go 18th he would have fallen out of the top 30. The Raptors who took a Brazilian project two picks later were rumored to be his firewall. Yet you say with absolutely no evidence that Ennis was going to fall out of the first round if Phoenix didn't take him.

Last edited:
The part of my post where I said he couldn't have been drafted into a worse situation is certainly my opinion. The part about him nearly falling out of the first round is not. Phoenix was a Hail Mary. You'll just have to choose to believe me or not.

He would have been taken by Toronto if not by Phx.

How he heck so you know if a team in the 20s wouldn't have taken Ennjs and traded him. In the 2004 draft nobody thought Jamerr Nelson would fall into the 20s and then Denver picked and him traded him to Orlando for a future pick.
The Suns took Rondo for the Celtics the followjng year. How the heck can you say if Ennis didn't go 18th he would have fallen out of the top 30. The Raptors who took a Brazilian project two picks later were rumored to be his firewall. Yet you say with absolutely no evidence that Ennis was going to fall out of the first round if Phoenix didn't take him.

You don't believe the best hoop source on this site, and you choose to defend a run of the mill internet sports writer over one of the most esteemed hoop coaches of all time.

You don't believe the best hoop source on this site, and you choose to defend a run of the mill internet sports writer over one of the most esteemed hoop coaches of all time.

I respect Jake's opinion and insight into Cuse bball. Tyler Ennis wasn't falling out of the first round. This is an NBA topic.

I respect Jake's opinion and insight into Cuse bball. Tyler Ennis wasn't falling out of the first round. This is an NBA topic.

Either way, it's not exactly working out for the kid so far.

JB's track record on a kid being ready or not has been pretty sound to this point, getting back to the original post in the thread.

When something that makes absolutely no sense with no evidence your damn right I will question it. I respect Jake but again it doesn't mean he is always right. Unless he has direct access to those teams in the 20s draftboard that comment MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.

Again JB is not always right. It has been pointed out his feud with Andy Katz was petty and clearly JB being cranky. Following JB blindly is no different than what Penn State fans did with JoePa. JB went after Ford because he is mad players have left oh well when you recruit talent they want to get paid nowadays. 1980s era college hoops are long gone.

Either way, it's not exactly working out for the kid so far.

JB's track record on a kid being ready or not has been pretty sound to this point, getting back to the original post in the thread.

It actually is working fine. Phx will have major re-shuffling after this year and the team is very high on him.

JB needs to stop thinking about SU as a destination for kids but just a step to a goal.

CMac is on the radar of every NBA team right now and he has been before he stepped foot on campus. To not think he's considered in the pool for lottery picks is naive and ignorant as it pertains to the NBA.

Plus, every year he is in the zone, he has another knock against him.

It's tough to be a superstar in the NBA. If you look at CMac as being able to be a functional starter and contributor that's all that matters. People don't leave because they are the next MJ.

Coach K when asked about Okafor said he is a one and done kid.
He didn't rip Chad Ford for putting the kid in his two top. Duke loses kids after one year Coach K I am sure he is frustrated sometimes but he doesn't rip Chad Ford or ESPN he coaches his team.

JB is the best thing in he SU AD but his comments come off bad unless your an SU apologist. Chad Ford has no reason to say anything about McCollough unless his contacts are telling him he is impressive. How the hell are Grant and Ennis overmatched? Grant has been hurt until Saturday and Ennis wanted to get paid to play basketball. Playing for Syracuse this year DOES NOTHING for Ennis draft stock. Grant could have used Syracuse to work on his shot but if he comes back he has to play within JB's system not what he needs to work on and if he started shooting jumpers fans would be ripping him.

None of these players owe JB anything but doing their school work and maintaining eligibility. They aren't employers of Syracuse University. JB is not always right.
this post is such a joke it is crazy, there is no logic here. ennis is d-league where a guard drafted after him is playing. wow, the more times I read this post the more angry it makes me.

When something that makes absolutely no sense with no evidence your damn right I will question it. I respect Jake but again it doesn't mean he is always right. Unless he has direct access to those teams in the 20s draftboard that comment MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.

Again JB is not always right. It has been pointed out his feud with Andy Katz was petty and clearly JB being cranky. Following JB blindly is no different than what Penn State fans did with JoePa. JB went after Ford because he is mad players have off well when you recruit talent they want to get paid. 1980s era college hoops are long gone.

It actually is working fine. Phx will have major re-shuffling after this year and the team is very high on him.

JB needs to stop thinking about SU as a destination for kids but just a step to a goal.

CMac is on the radar of every NBA team right now and he has been before he stepped foot on campus. To not think he's considered in the pool for lottery picks is naive and ignorant as it pertains to the NBA.

It's tough to be a superstar in the NBA. If you look at CMac as being able to be a functional starter and contributor that's all that matters. People don't leave because they are the next MJ.

The jury is at least out on Ennis - I don't think there is a disagreement there.

Haven't seen enough of McC to have an opinion. I saw JB speak to a group of us in 2002 about Melo - his exact words were "Carmelo Anthony is better than all of you think he is." Not exactly what he said after the Holy Cross game.

Again JB is not always right. It has been pointed out his feud with Andy Katz was petty and clearly JB being cranky. Following JB blindly is no different than what Penn State fans did with JoePa. JB went after Ford because he is mad players have left oh well when you recruit talent they want to get paid nowadays. 1980s era college hoops are long gone.

I'll trust his sources over unsourced opinions.

We're talking about JB's assessment of a player's potential - a player he knows better than anyone else.

Kansas has lost Thomas Robinson,Ben McLemore, the Morris Twins, Andrew Wiggins, Joel Embiid the last 4 drafts in the top 15 in the draft. Bill Self isn't complaining about Chad Ford.
We have lost Dion Waiters, Michael Carter-Williams, Tyler Ennis, Jerami Grant, Fab Melo.

JB has had an incredible run these years because of that talent there is no reason to be upset Ford is pumping Chris McCollough whom I believe Jake has called our best Freshman prospect since Melo is moved up to the lottery.

MikeSU02 said:
It actually is working fine. Phx will have major re-shuffling after this year and the team is very high on him. JB needs to stop thinking about SU as a destination for kids but just a step to a goal. CMac is on the radar of every NBA team right now and he has been before he stepped foot on campus. To not think he's considered in the pool for lottery picks is naive and ignorant as it pertains to the NBA. Plus, every year he is in the zone, he has another knock against him. It's tough to be a superstar in the NBA. If you look at CMac as being able to be a functional starter and contributor that's all that matters. People don't leave because they are the next MJ.

With Bledsoe and thomas signed long term the best ennis can hope for in Phoenix is to be the third guard and that's if Dragic is traded with a year to go on his contract. When the goal is to get the second contract in the NBA, being the third guard at best isn't going to help maximize his value.

As a comparison point MCW at least has playing time going for him in Philly which will assure his third year option will be exercised.ennis if he isn't playing meaningful minutes could become a cap casualty after the 2016 season with a third year not being exercised.

Once he fell out of the lottery ennis beat hope was to go to Toronto and be Lowry's backup while playing at home. Getting garbage time minutes isn't helping his growth and with the nba season the way it aligns he isn't going to get meaningful practice time to prove with all the travel involved. Unless you have multiple days off at home in a row most "practice" time is no more than a morning shoot around for prep for that nights game. Not the best way to improve your skill set

this post is such a joke it is crazy, there is no logic here. ennis is d-league where a guard drafted after him is playing. wow, the more times I read this post the more angry it makes me.
Do you follow pro basketball? I mean I laugh that it makes you angry. These players have every right to follow their dreams and play pro basketball. When did the NBA draft become about drafting finished products? Teams draft on upside and potential. I could spend the next hour rattling rookies have sat on he bench their rookie year but made the leap to the rotation their second years. The fact you think my post makes no sense is your constitutional right but it doesn't mean anything to me because anyone objective gets the posts point.

BTW Ennis gets paid his NBA salary to play in the D-League if remained in school he would be playing for free. Yeah my comment makes no sense. I hope it makes you angry. These kids owe their schools nothing as long as they play hard and don't violate the law or NCAA rules. Why should they play for free if they can get paid and don't want to stay in school.

Alsacs said:
Do you follow pro basketball? I mean I laugh that it makes you angry. These players have every right to follow their dreams and play pro basketball. When did the NBA draft become about drafting finished products? Teams draft on upside and potential. I could spend the next hour rattling rookies have sat on he bench their rookie year but made the leap to the rotation their second years. The fact you think my post makes no sense is your constitutional right but it doesn't mean anything to me because anyone objective gets the posts point.

Potential is what gets GMs fired. I'm all for Ennis following his dream and getting his couple of million dollars in money. I hope and a Syracuse fan that he hits it big as that reflects well on the program but going into a situation where he isn't playing meaningful minutes and is stuck behind three well established NBA players (two of which have long term deals signed this summer) is a very tough spot for him

Yes there are examples to cite about this player who sat year one and became good but the math of the NBA doesn't work out if you don't start playing quickly in your career and producing.

450 roster slots in the association where each year teams draft 60 new players and sign scores of undrafted players to tryouts. Obviously a number of players are drafted stay in Europe but realistically there is always a new shiny object to catch a coach or GMs eye. Best way not to be lost in the wash is to play. With only two years of each rookie contract guaranteed it's very easy to rollover these draft picks for the next one

If Phoenix as an example decides after two years to not guarantee Ennis third year of his rookie deal and make him a free agent, how many teams are going to jump to sign him. Perception becomes if the team that knows him best isn't keeping him on a cost effective deal why would we want him. Especially if the body of work is limited

MikeSU02 said:
He would have been taken by Toronto if not by Phx.

That was the plan, until it wasn't...

Potential is what gets GMs fired. I'm all for Ennis following his dream and getting his couple of million dollars in money. I hope and a Syracuse fan that he hits it big as that reflects well on the program but going into a situation where he isn't playing meaningful minutes and is stuck behind three well established NBA players (two of which have long term deals signed this summer) is a very tough spot for him

Yes there are examples to cite about this player who sat year one and became good but the math of the NBA doesn't work out if you don't start playing quickly in your career and producing.

450 roster slots in the association where each year teams draft 60 new players and sign scores of undrafted players to tryouts. Obviously a number of players are drafted stay in Europe but realistically there is always a new shiny object to catch a coach or GMs eye. Best way not to be lost in the wash is to play. With only two years of each rookie contract guaranteed it's very easy to rollover these draft picks for the next one

If Phoenix as an example decides after two years to not guarantee Ennis third year of his rookie deal and make him a free agent, how many teams are going to jump to sign him. Perception becomes if the team that knows him best isn't keeping him on a cost effective deal why would we want him. Especially if the body of work is limited
I appreciate the legit response and not the your post makes no sense garbage.
What you say is fair and realistic. I just think players have every right to leave if they so choose. Ennis could struggle to get a second contract I just find disappointing a portion of the fanbase after the kid decides to roller his dream want to only point out the negatives. He made his decision we should all support him now. Donte Green came to SU for 1 year but during his first two years all-star break and our fans were really rude to the guy.

BTW Ennis gets paid his NBA salary to play in the D-League if remained in school he would be playing for free. Yeah my comment makes no sense. I hope it makes you angry. These kids owe their schools nothing as long as they play hard and don't violate the law or NCAA rules. Why should they play for free if they can get paid and don't want to stay in school.
your second contract is where you make your money. Your rookie contract is scaled. He is really on a two year deal right now. If he doesn't play much his first two years and the team declines his option for his third year he will really never get a chance to negotiate a decent second contract. Down the road he could play his way into a lucrative deal but will have to wait longer. He will then have to sign most likely a one year deal. Let's just say he came back for his sophomore year, had a great year (similar to trey burke who moved up the draft board after Soph season). He would more likely have gotten drafted by a team where he would be able to see court time, improve as a player, impress his team and have leverage for a bigger second contract. So yes, he's better off than the majority of the population right now, but if you want to have sustaining career and maximize his earning, being drafted where he was might not have been the best for his long term career.

Yes, he owes syracuse nothing and is getting paid, but he may have really hurt his chance at really making money by leaving a year early. Just my opinion here and who knows maybe he gets a chance next year to show something.

Alsacs said:

Not arguing that he shouldn't be paid at all. But the question is earning potential at 25 years old when he is looking for the second contract. Maybe Ennis would not have improved one iota of draft position this year if he stayed in school but he might have ended up being drafted by a better team for his development than Phoenix

If Phoenix had so much faith in Ennis after drafting him then why did they sign Thomas as a free agent from the Kings and then resign Bledsoe? Draft a first round pick to bury no better than third on the PG depth chart raises an eyebrow but even more so is Ennis style of play a real fit for the Phoenix offense they run?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom