Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game

Why? Because he hurt Chad Ford's feelings? Do we honestly believe this is going to change the way McCullough plays? Will this be the reason Bryant goes to Kentucky?

I don't follow EPL. I don't click on EPL threads.

Don't bother. He probably thinks guys like Mayock and Frashcilla don't know anything either.

Frashcilla, coached College and has all ties especially to the European Game.

Mayock played Pro Football.

Chad Forde and Mel Kiper have done neither.

Cusefan0307 said:
.. And we wonder why awesome posters like Marsh, DickinMichigan, mantonio, Albanycuse, and whoever else isn't around don't post anymore. Theres very little new to add, or good to say anymore around here.

No offense but I thought this was a place where people can throw their ideas and opinions out there and share them with other users on the board to get feedback. There is an ignore feature if certain members want to use it.

I understand there are positive people but there's nothing wrong with people being realistic about our basketball teams. Members stating that this isn't going to be a great year doesn't make them bad fans or bad people, but they just don't carry around Pom poms ignoring what they see. If I see a super model and she has cold sores all over her mouth I'm not going to ignore it.

What makes the positive users so great? I've seen the realists make their points and not personally attack anybody on here yet these positive posters when they see something they don't like written they not only attack the opinion but the member who posted the opinion.

When we were going through our run last year I said that we were real good, but not as good as our ranking and record showed and were more along the lines of a 8-16 ranked team. I was chewed up and spit out saying I wasn't a fan and didn't know what I was talking about. Everybody adds something to this community no matter how outlandish some may be, but hearing constantly or how awful Kentucky is and how much the cheat gets a little old.

I can't imagine this place without debates, if they were gone it wouldn't even be a Syracuse fan board, it would just be a place where you guys high five each other when Uconn is down by 4 at half time and proclaiming each new recruit is a carbon copy of past Syracuse greats.

CuseHulk said:
Frashcilla, coached College and has all ties especially to the European Game. Mayock played Pro Football. Chad Forde and Mel Kiper have done neither.

Theo Epstien never played baseball.

You don't need to play a sport or coach a sport to be an expert.

I have ZERO problem with constructive criticism. ZERO. I have no problem with critiquing Trevor Cooney's shot, he's missing right now, but do we need 8 threads on it?

I am not speaking for any other said poster, but when you notice things starting to unravel and people leaving, one must wonder.

There's very little positive discussion these days. Even when Rakeem Christmas is probably making one of the greatest leaps any Syracuse Senior ever has.

We can't even have a positive discussion about JB's kid on the board.

There's a difference between criticism, and the same old "stump speech".
Go look at Rick Jackson's Senior year 2010-2011 Rak is having the same leap. Your post comes off like you want the board elite to like you.

Theo Epstien never played baseball.

You don't need to play a sport or coach a sport to be an expert.
So that's why we have so many "experts" around here. Now I get it.

It's not a popular opinion, and I didn't agree with much he said, but I'd rather have one poster like blue curtain around than 100 posters trying to rip off tee or marsh's shtick.

Me while reading through this thread:

heavy-breathing-cat.jpg

Rossco123 said:
You should know!!

I never claimed to be an expert, I just post my opinions on here like everybody else.

This thread has gone down hill because having different opinions is frowned upon. JB is the best thing SU Athletics have going for it right now, but it doesn't mean all of these shots he fires at people bothering him are right. JB went after Chad Ford for doing exactly what Jake said generate clicks. Ford has no agenda against Syracuse. JB can be angry Grant/Ennis left but that is 2014 College hoops kids leave early these days. Both got guaranteed contracts and will have to work hard to keep 2nd contracts but taking Ford to task for no reason is not good in some fans opinions.

It doesn't mean JB isn't appreciated. It means some feel he should find a better way to get his message out there. He comes off petty and easy to take out of context.

I never claimed to be an expert.

Ooh We know that. Although you come off with opinions like an expert.

I meant by those evaluating in the media/and such (Like Chad Forde)

In my opinion, If you have never played or coached professionally or collegiate. Your not an expert. You can't be called or referenced or refer to yourself as an expert.

Last edited:
This thread has gone down hill because having different opinions is frowned upon. JB is the best thing SU Athletics have going for it right now, but it doesn't mean all of these shots he fires at people bothering him are right. JB went after Chad Ford for doing exactly what Jake said generate clicks. Ford has no agenda against Syracuse. JB can be angry Grant/Ennis left but that is 2014 College hoops kids leave early these days. Both got guaranteed contracts and will have to work hard to keep 2nd contracts but taking Ford to task for no reason is not good in some fans opinions.

It doesn't mean JB isn't appreciated. It means some feel he should find a better way to get his message out there. He comes off petty and easy to take out of context.

When you have won over 900 games, National Championship, Basketball Hall of fame, and 2 Olympic Gold Medals.

You may take shot's at whoever you damn please. Especially when it's warranted.

When you have won over 900 games, National Championship, Basketball Hall of fame, and 2 Olympic Gold Medals.

You may take shot's at whoever you damn please. Especially when it's warranted.
Guess what JB's mouth got him sued. Honest to god you sound like a Penn State fan defending Joe Paterno.

Really comparing that to this ?

You seem to have a problem with dissenting opinions.

And I would disagree with the idea that accomplishments give you carte blanche in how you want to deal with others who work in your profession. Whichever that may be.

Go look at Rick Jackson's Senior year 2010-2011 Rak is having the same leap. Your post comes off like you want the board elite to like you.

Yes, Slick Rick was awesome. I think Roc can be better than him. Seriously, I know two people on this board in person. For all I know you could be the board "elite", you have 7000 posts more than I do. I'm not the first person to come off as condescending on this board.

IMO if I am Thomas Bryant I care more about where players such as Donte Greene, Fab Melo, Dion Waiters, Jonny Flynn, MCW, Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant got drafted, than what JB said about them getting drafted.

JB could of been more specific in his criticism of Chad Ford and the process used to come up with his list, but this "tirade"was clearly planned and thought out once Ennis and Grant left last year. Once his next player showed up on a draft board, he was bringing it up.

This won't be the first time he brings up something controversial this year.

Enlighten us on those reasons, especially for the latter.

Well. In regards to Mel Kiper Jr. Prob reasons like this.

on Ryan Leaf

"“His attitude will be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over [other players in his draft class].” Yeah like over Peyton Manning.

on Jimmy Clausen

“If [Clausen is] not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I’m done. That’s it. I’m out.”

on Ki-Jana Carter

“Ki-Jana (Carter) could be the next Bo Jackson.

_______

Just some examples.

+1000

To many Pessimistic Pete's, and to few Positive Pat's.
Give me a break. This is a message board and if people want to talk about what they don't like that is their opinion. I'm generally a positive poster in my limited posts, but I don't get upset at every negative post. If you don't like what some have to say chose not to read that thread. The pompous attitude from some on this board is comical at times.

I don't know about you but I definitely miss reading how much UConn sucks and how good PBR is. That was sarcasm.

Well. In regards to Mel Kiper Jr. Prob reasons like this.

on Ryan Leaf

"“His attitude will be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over [other players in his draft class].” Yeah like over Peyton Manning.

on Jimmy Clausen

“If [Clausen is] not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I’m done. That’s it. I’m out.”

on Ki-Jana Carter

“Ki-Jana (Carter) could be the next Bo Jackson.

_______

Just some examples.

I'm not defending Ford or Kiper...(especially Ford who's Darko and general Euro love is embarrassing)

But you know "actual" GMs took those guys.

Bobby Beathard selected Ryan Leaf...he also won Super Bowls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom