Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game

Give me a break. This is a message board and if people want to talk about what they don't like that is their opinion. I'm generally a positive poster in my limited posts, but I don't get upset at every negative post. If you don't like what some have to say chose not to read that thread. The pompous attitude from some on this board is comical at times.

I don't know about you but I definitely miss reading how much UConn sucks and how good PBR is. That was sarcasm.

I just love reading. Sarcasm Warning

"Worst in JB era", "1996-1997", "N.I.T."

3 games into the season. After a loss to at the moment better, returning experienced Cal team.

I've decided not to read this entire minefield. Bottom line is that JB doesn't want Chris to get distracted at this point in the season and wants to remind him that he has a lot of work left to do on his game. I think JB knows Chris is heading to the NBA and its always been his plan. JB is simply trying to make sure he gets the most out of Chris while he has him and I'd bet that at seasons end JB will advice Chris to take the money if he is a sure lottery pick. I'm not a huge fan of JB's rant on this one but he has a young team that has a lot of growing to do and he's likely trying to nip the NBA questions in the butt at this point.

BTW Chris is now shooting 59% from the floor for the season. We might want to get him 3-4 more shots a game.

you can give him every single one of Cooney's 10-12 shots as far as I am concerned.

Well. In regards to Mel Kiper Jr. Prob reasons like this.

on Ryan Leaf

"“His attitude will be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over [other players in his draft class].” Yeah like over Peyton Manning.

on Jimmy Clausen

“If [Clausen is] not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I’m done. That’s it. I’m out.”

on Ki-Jana Carter

“Ki-Jana (Carter) could be the next Bo Jackson.

_______

Just some examples.

HOF, national champion, 900 game winner Jim Boeheim called the Nichols/Watkins/Lmac class his "greatest recruiting class ever."

3 games into the season. After a loss to at the moment better, returning experienced Cal team.
And you don't expect to read people over reacting to such a loss on a message board? I also read a lot of posts of people explaining the weaknesses following that game in a very objective manner. if you are going to reply to everyone of those over the top posts you would be wasting your time and it appears you have lately.

on Ryan Leaf

"“His attitude will be an asset in the NFL and give him a mental advantage over [other players in his draft class].” Yeah like over Peyton Manning.

on Jimmy Clausen

“If [Clausen is] not a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, I’m done. That’s it. I’m out.”

on Ki-Jana Carter

_______

Just some examples.

Sweet hindsight right there Hulk. Great Carter example as well, because the kid had total control over the ligaments in his knee exploding in his third professional snap.

Also you keep on asking why Ford isn't in a front office somewhere if he's so good. And this is the thing you keep forgetting. HE'S NOT A TALENT EVALUATOR. As has been stated a ton in this thread, he is not scouting kids. He reports on front office scuttlebutt. And he's good at that.

Last edited:

also i enjoy coming onto the message board. there are so many posters on here who do a great job of passing on a lot of great information which overshadows the so called doom and gloom and sky is falling posts. Orangeyes did a wonderful wonderful job of posting daily stories everyday and now sutomcat. Reading those articles everyday was a great start to my day and i was very thankful and still am for that. Francis does a great job on the recruiting side posting information on future syracuse players and videos of these players. I would not know anything probably about these kids if it wasn't for his input here. SWC posts on the Jim Boeheim show is something I look forward to every week after the show. There are many other posters here who are great as well with game recaps. I'm more than happy to be a lurker on this site and read such great stuff or make a few posts now and then.

I care if its hurting the college game. Every Cuse fan on this board cares. Are you serious with that question here??? Explain to me please how it hurt Patrick Ewing or Derrick Coleman to play more than two years in the college game again?
it certainly cost each of them between 3 and 5 million dollars in initial earnings, plus it would have put them into their larger contracts sooner and extended their prime earning years . . . so probably around $20M for DC and $33M for Still Can't Read.
That would represent over 20% of Derrick's career earnings and over 25% of Ewing's

Yes, Slick Rick was awesome. I think Roc can be better than him. Seriously, I know two people on this board in person. For all I know you could be the board "elite", you have 7000 posts more than I do. I'm not the first person to come off as condescending on this board.

IMO if I am Thomas Bryant I care more about where players such as Donte Greene, Fab Melo, Dion Waiters, Jonny Flynn, MCW, Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant got drafted, than what JB said about them getting drafted.

JB could of been more specific in his criticism of Chad Ford and the process used to come up with his list, but this "tirade"was clearly planned and thought out once Ennis and Grant left last year. Once his next player showed up on a draft board, he was bringing it up.

This won't be the first time he brings up something controversial this year.

Good post.

Like with too many of his comments (and, especially, rants), Boeheim's tirade was both premeditated and careless. He seems to stew over these frustrations over a period of time, only to come out too loose with language and sloppy with facts when he actually unleashes the diatribe. He gets emotional and doesn't fully think things through.

If he wants to criticize ESPN for pushing this crap and the mouth-breathing sports "fans" for consuming it, I'm right there with him. But when Boeheim presumes to contradict a reporter for conveying scouts' and executives' claims, he's out of line.

As an aside, Boeheim's got a full-time job as SU's basketball coach during the fall and winter. He might have a lot of NBA contacts, but it's foolish to think he's in closer contact with those people than this Ford fellow is with his. Silly of him to attempt to set the record straight on McCullough by appealing to the existence of his network.

And you don't expect to read people over reacting to such a loss on a message board? I also read a lot of posts of people explaining the weaknesses following that game in a very objective manner. if you are going to reply to everyone of those over the top posts you would be wasting your time and it appears you have lately.

you have to stay positive here, even blindly so at times, or you are crushed. i stand by a comment i made after the Cal game that we have the look of a Bubble Team. Boy did that not go over well. This was not a slam on the team, it was just my opinion. This opinion is equally valid as those who say "Jimmy always wins 20 games, he will find a way."

Those people get standing ovations, despite going simply on their heart and past rosters. We have no one that can shoot and lost our FOUR best players from last year. I will give Jim a pass this year. Truth is, if Ennis stayed we are a top 10 team even without a 2 guard who can shoot.

Joseph, Leonard, Green, and this year Anderson? Green was the only 4 year player out of all of them and he tried to declare after his third year and there was no interest. The guy had to go to Europe to get pretty much get interest. Their consistency is based on their scouting, coaching and developing, also doesn't hurt all of their stars have made less than probably half of what they could have made playing elsewhere.
Be careful. I was corrected when I made the same claim in a thread about Melo, since Duncan was making at or close to the max until his most recent contract.

Nobody wants to miss out on the next Kobe or KG. Its worth blowing ten years of mid first rounders to land a superstar now and then.
1000 times this. If JB wants to be mad at anyone, it's the NBA GM's. They don't have to draft any of these young guys but do because they're afraid they'll miss out on the next whoever. And if it doesn't work out, just throw them away because it's only a rookie contract.

1000 times this. If JB wants to be mad at anyone, it's the NBA GM's. They don't have to draft any of these young guys but do because they're afraid they'll miss out on the next whoever. And if it doesn't work out, just throw them away because it's only a rookie contract.

I think this changes soon. I think you'll see an age limit that will make most players have to stay two years. The new NBA Commish seems to support it as well. NBA union guys will want to protect the guys already in the league. Kind of like when the NFL changed the payscale for rookies a few years back.

We had Jake or some insider say that was a family financial decision. If Grant wanted to come back he could have Chad Ford's opinion is not why he left or he is a moron.
If Grant left because of this, it's really quite sad.

Calipari will tell everyone who listens that his kids are great and that they should be in the NBA. Boeheim tells people that his kids are crap and aren't good enough to play in the NBA. Gee, how does Calipari get these stacked recruiting classes?

[simplified, I know, but Jim came off as a curmudgeon here.]

I have already come up with a fantastic method for avoiding the one & done situations we see all the time.

My concept is incentive based, & requires flexibility by the NCAA.

It's this simple:

• Allow NBA teams to draft a player currently in college, & let them stay in college as long as their eligibility & desire to stay remains.
  • Pay them in an interest bearing escrow account during their college time that cannot be cashed in until they complete college, & the account will incur a 50% penalty for leaving college before your Junior season. However, if they stay for the entire 4 years in college, the NBA & NCAA will reward them with a 25% bonus to the account.
  • Although drafted by an NBA team, the college draftee cannot practice or play with his team or any other NBA squad.

This is the answer, & we must institute the plan immediately !!!

I think this changes soon. I think you'll see an age limit that will make most players have to stay two years. The new NBA Commish seems to support it as well. NBA union guys will want to protect the guys already in the league. Kind of like when the NFL changed the payscale for rookies a few years back.
the difference is that the NFL is the only game in town. If the NBA tries to implement an even more restrictive age limit, then the talent will flow overseas, not to college.

The rules of the game are changing. Free labor for high revenue college hoops programs is slowly but surely becoming a thing of the past.

CuseHulk said:
Ooh We know that. Although you come off with opinions like an expert. I meant by those evaluating in the media/and such (Like Chad Forde) In my opinion, If you have never played or coached professionally or collegiate. Your not an expert. You can't be called or referenced or refer to yourself as an expert.

How do I come off being an expert? I'm curious.

Michael Jordan was a great player but I don't think that makes him a great talent evaluator, he was as great a player as he is bad in the front office.

I'm judging by your posts that really have nothing to offer than you wearing pom poms waving them around so you get praised by certain members.

I'm sorry if my opinions bother you, and while I may not be an expert I do know a lot about basketball, I've learned quite a bit about it through, playing, reading, studying, and watching. I like other sports but basketball is a year long sport for me so if you want to crap on my opinions, go ahead, keep Fuconning it up and go drown in some PBR.

I have already come up with a fantastic method for avoiding the one & done situations we see all the time.

My concept is incentive based, & requires flexibility by the NCAA.

It's this simple:

• Allow NBA teams to draft a player currently in college, & let them stay in college as long as their eligibility & desire to stay remains.
  • Pay them in an interest bearing escrow account during their college time that cannot be cashed in until they complete college, & the account will incur a 50% penalty for leaving college before your Junior season. However, if they stay for the entire 4 years in college, the NBA & NCAA will reward them with a 25% bonus to the account.
  • Although drafted by an NBA team, the college draftee cannot practice or play with his team or any other NBA squad.

This is the answer, & we must institute the plan immediately !!!
interesting post. This would probably mean extending the draft a round or two so teams could stash players away which would be different from the NBA which doesn't really seem to care much about the second round. Those NBA teams would lose the control they love by not having their drafted players around. They also would lose getting their drafted players into their system to learn. I think most kids who leave early and aren't drafted are those who want to make money now, regardless if they are in the NBA or not and don't mind playing overseas where they can make a good living.

it certainly cost each of them between 3 and 5 million dollars in initial earnings, plus it would have put them into their larger contracts sooner and extended their prime earning years . . . so probably around $20M for DC and $33M for Still Can't Read.
That would represent over 20% of Derrick's career earnings and over 25% of Ewing's
It may have extended their prime earning years, but they didn't have to wait for second contracts to make the big money. There was no rookie cap then. DC's rookie contract was one of the deals that initiated talks about starting a rookie cap. He was the 20 highest paid player in the league as a rookie, making more money than established stars like Dominique Wilkins and John Stockton.

on Ryan Leaf

on Jimmy Clausen

on Ki-Jana Carter

_______

Just some examples.

yeah, and JB once said his class of Demetris Nichols, Terrence Roberts, Mookie Watkins and Louie McCroskey was the best he'd ever signed

he gave a scholarship to Greg Davis

he chose Josh Wright over Kyle Lowry & AJ Price

cherry picking is easy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors