Brady beats the NFL | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brady beats the NFL

The NFL doesn't have $$$$$$$$$? There were the side with $$$$$$ Brian

Goodell is making the owners a ton of it, which is why no matter how embarrassing things get, he will keep his job.

Wow, new article on ESPN about the Patriots and the league. Confirms pretty much what I've been thinking...the league has long viewed the Patriots as breaking many rules and the Spygate investigation was a sham.

Goodell got promoted primarily due to Kraft.

The entire league is a sham meant to line the pockets of the ownership, and some in particular.

At least that's how I read it :)

Also, this part of the article dramatically refutes what another poster on here said about how the League "showed the tapes to the media"...

Uh NO. The Patriots had an entire library of tapes and other cheating mechanisms. The NFL did NOT show all the tapes, etc etc.

It won't mean anything, but this article demonstrates what a sham the league has been for the last 15 years.

Nice reporting by ESPN.

What happened next has never been made public: The league officials interviewed Belichick, Adams and Dee, says Glaser, the Patriots' club counsel. Once again, nobody asked how many games had been recorded or attempted to determine whether a game was ever swayed by the spying, sources say. The Patriots staffers insisted that the spying had a limited impact on games. Then the Patriots told the league officials they possessed eight tapes containing game footage along with a half-inch-thick stack of notes of signals and other scouting information belonging to Adams, Glaser says. The league officials watched portions of the tapes. Goodell was contacted, and he ordered the tapes and notes to be destroyed, but the Patriots didn't want any of it to leave the building, arguing that some of it was obtained legally and thus was proprietary. So in a stadium conference room, Pash and the other NFL executives stomped the videotapes into small pieces and fed Adams' notes into a shredder, Glaser says. She recalls picking up the shards of plastic from the smashed Beta tapes off the floor and throwing them away.

Spygate the investigation was about Belichick and the NFL had the evidence and team was punished.

This case was about Brady and the NFL couldn't prove anything happened in the AFC title game. The Wells Report cleared Belichick of being innocent.

These cases are not intertwined. That ESPN piece was "Pron" for Patriots haters and stuff from 8 years ago. The league's partner ESPN is doing the PR to save Goodell after losing in Court. Feel free to hammer the team for Spygate but it has nothing to do the facts of this case.

Spygate the investigation was about Belichick and the NFL had the evidence and team was punished.

This case was about Brady and the NFL couldn't prove anything happened in the AFC title game. The Wells Report cleared Belichick of being innocent.

These cases are not intertwined. That ESPN piece was "Pron" for Patriots haters and stuff from 8 years ago. The league's partner ESPN is doing the PR to save Goodell after losing in Court. Feel free to hammer the team for Spygate but it has nothing to do the facts of this case.

Can't believe I've been sticking up for the Pats as much as i have, but I agree with everything you said here.

The OTL article is PR created to change the story for Goodell and the NFL. Crazy. This is just insane. And then he goes on Mike and Mike and gets thrown softballs.

Maybe ESPN needs to answer why Mortensen has been put in witness protection.

Can't believe I've been sticking up for the Pats as much as i have, but I agree with everything you said here.

The OTL article is PR created to change the story for Goodell and the NFL. Crazy. This is just insane. And then he goes on Mike and Mike and gets thrown softballs.

Maybe ESPN needs to answer why Mortensen has been put in witness protection.

How in God's name do the two of you read that piece and think it was written to help Goodell save face? If anything, it makes him look even more incompetent. He's a guy who has no handle on anything going on within the league when it come to discipline, and this article proves that it has been like that from the beginning.

If you think the Patriots were sufficiently punished for what took place as described in that article well we just disagree. They destroyed the evidence because the alternative was obviously to void Super Bowl championships since they were won dishonestly (if the article is true, which I'm sure it is).

And when you read that article, it becomes abundantly clear that the organization is capable of having a "system" where some ball-handlers are responsible for deflating footballs, in a way that defeats the system, implying they know they're breaking the rules.

Because I believe in integrity I choose to not honor the Super Bowls the Patriots have won under Belichek.

There, I said it.

How in God's name do the two of you read that piece and think it was written to help Goodell save face? If anything, it makes him look even more incompetent. He's a guy who has no handle on anything going on within the league when it come to discipline, and this article proves that it has been like that from the beginning.

This was done to push the story off of the Deflategate fiasco and back on the Patriots hatred. The story is going to make fans keep their hatred of the Pats more than it will put their anger on Goodell. Deflategate is history now because of this story.

I don't know what they read to think that...the obvious conclusion is the Patriots have cheated, are cheating and will cheat throughout their organization...it probably runs up through the League office and into the officiating and everything.

Kraft has placed his minions in charge so he runs the show. Nominates them, pays them, etc etc. The ongoing sham of Deflategate is that these two (Goodell and Kraft) are "mad" at each other. Please, they are laughing all the way to the bank. In fact, yes, I believe the referees are probably in on it...they probably make 6x what we all think they make on the side to create the proper illusion of authority while insuring the right teams win

Would explain how the Bills lost on the only Pass Interference on a Hail Mary in the history of football.

This was done to push the story off of the Deflategate fiasco and back on the Patriots hatred. The story is going to make fans keep their hatred of the Pats more than it will put their anger on Goodell. Deflategate is history now because of this story.

No, I think it enhances DeflateGate.

It answers the obvious question: did they REALLY have a secret system set up to deflate the balls? How could they?

Well, here, they've done it in the past, different topic but still cheating.

It's all right there...the fact that an inner-circle member (Mangini) snowed them in, they destroyed many many tapes called into question the integrity of the game. Goodell took the dive for Kraft then. That investigation was so pathetic that there is no alternative reason.

The motivation? As always, follow the money...Goodell probably made $500,000 as an NFL mini-exec...he gets promoted by Kraft to Commish and he's on track for $46m

On Kraft's side, his investment in the Patriots goes from $150m to $2.5B through all their "hard-earned success and winning ways".

It's all too clear now

While I don't disagree that it will keep the hatred on the Pats, it really makes Goodell look awful too. I would not be surprised if the owners have had enough and he is gone by season's end.

I don't know what they read to think that...the obvious conclusion is the Patriots have cheated, are cheating and will cheat throughout their organization...it probably runs up through the League office and into the officiating and everything.

Kraft has placed his minions in charge so he runs the show. Nominates them, pays them, etc etc. The ongoing sham of Deflategate is that these two (Goodell and Kraft) are "mad" at each other. Please, they are laughing all the way to the bank. In fact, yes, I believe the referees are probably in on it...they probably make 6x what we all think they make on the side to create the proper illusion of authority while insuring the right teams win

Would explain how the Bills lost on the only Pass Interference on a Hail Mary in the history of football.

I really don't know why soooo many people believe ESPN for everything they say at their word. They have proven time and time again that they cannot be trusted at their word.

Again, ESPN is trying to control the message here. The NFL is their partner. It's not hard to tie this together.

If you think the Patriots were sufficiently punished for what took place as described in that article well we just disagree. They destroyed the evidence because the alternative was obviously to void Super Bowl championships since they were won dishonestly (if the article is true, which I'm sure it is).

And when you read that article, it becomes abundantly clear that the organization is capable of having a "system" where some ball-handlers are responsible for deflating footballs, in a way that defeats the system, implying they know they're breaking the rules.

Because I believe in integrity I choose to not honor the Super Bowls the Patriots have won under Belichek.

There, I said it.

That video taping helped so much in 2000 they went all of 5-11. I think Brady is the reason the Pats are good, not Belichick. He was closer to being fired than being a Hall of Famer before Bledsoe got hurt.

ESPN is one of their partners. They also have Fox and CBS obviously.

And you/we don't know what's going on behind the scenes with those contracts etc. Maybe ESPN is on the outs, who knows.

All I know is, that is some pretty intense, detailed work that makes BOTH the Patriots and Goodell look really bad and calls into question the very integrity of the League, all the Patriots have won and all that Goodell has done as an "independent arbiter".

What motivation on earth would they have for doing that? Isn't it possible that they've just uncovered truth?

While I don't disagree that it will keep the hatred on the Pats, it really makes Goodell look awful too. I would not be surprised if the owners have had enough and he is gone by season's end.

Why would he be gone? Nothing has changed since last week, except an ESPN story that everyone internally knew about. Again the Owners wanted Goodell to suspend Brady and go after the Pats for the 2007 charades. It's just now that this has been leaked to the public.

The story was leaked to the public to justify the Deflategate investigation.

And you/we don't know what's going on behind the scenes with those contracts etc. Maybe ESPN is on the outs, who knows.

All I know is, that is some pretty intense, detailed work that makes BOTH the Patriots and Goodell look really bad and calls into question the very integrity of the League, all the Patriots have won and all that Goodell has done as an "independent arbiter".

What motivation on earth would they have for doing that? Isn't it possible that they've just uncovered truth?

It's not really new news though. That's what you are misunderstanding.

ESPN/ABC/Disney isn't going anywhere. They have had the longest continuous contract of any of the networks of the NFL going back to 1970.
They have proven they cannot be trusted. Deflategate is just one example. I'm still more angry about "Bountygate" and the Bernie Fine fiasco.

Sean Payton missed an entire year, for supposedly paying his players money during their Super Bowl Season for hits that weren't even deemed illegal. The Saints still haven't recovered from that, so don't tell me that ESPN uncovers truths. They are good at controlling the message however.

It's not really new news though. That's what you are misunderstanding.

I don't think the majority of the NFL audience knows as much about all this as us lunatics on a sports forum. If/when most of them ever read that entire article, I bet there would be some surprises for them.

See, most people wouldn't make that connection between Mangini and Belichek...see THAT point is huge. If they were cheating, why didn't it get out?

Well, they kept it to a tight inner circle, and when one of them left, HE'S the one who blew it in to the League, because now his livelihood was at stake and apparently he and BB had a difficult parting.

OK, now it makes sense.

There's a reason this ridiculous DeflateGate thing has gotten this much attention.

So now the front page of CBSSports.com is agog that the Patriots "reportedly" taped 40, not 6, opponents back in the day.

See, this is new news to a lot of people. You and I realize there's no way the Pats would develop an elaborate cheating system and only tape 6 games, makes no sense. But many others can't see through to the second or third derivative.

The reason DeflateGate is a huge deal is because it's drawing attention to what is probably the biggest white-washes in the history of sports. I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't lead to larger issues.

"The Patriots admitted to 'SpyGate' and were punished for it"

That's the mantra the Pats and NFL would love everyone to fall for

So now the front page of CBSSports.com is agog that the Patriots "reportedly" taped 40, not 6, opponents back in the day.

See, this is new news to a lot of people. You and I realize there's no way the Pats would develop an elaborate cheating system and only tape 6 games, makes no sense. But many others can't see through to the second or third derivative.

The reason DeflateGate is a huge deal is because it's drawing attention to what is probably the biggest white-washes in the history of sports. I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't lead to larger issues.

"The Patriots admitted to 'SpyGate' and were punished for it"

That's the mantra the Pats and NFL would love everyone to fall for

We still don't really know if those are facts though because it is ESPN, and their reporting combined with the NFL's dishonesty is DEPLORABLE. They continuously change the story and they know that everyone hates the Patriots so people like you will automatically buy into everything as factual. While that story has lots of great information in it, there's tons of hearsay. Why is nobody willing to put their name to the information provided?

I'm not saying the Patriots are perfect here, but this is once again getting blown out of proportion because it's the Patriots. This plays great to the Patriot haters. People hate the Pat's so much that ESPN/NFL can get away with shoddy stories, because they know most people won't question the facts of the story.

I just don't trust the infomation out of the League office and i definately do not trust the mothership. They control the story and how it's perceived.

Honestly think whatever you want. Nobody has a right to tell anyone what their opinion should be. ESPN knows where its bread and butter is and that is the NFL. NFL football is how ESPN can charge cable companies so much money and Disney can profit from ESPN. James Andrew Miller shows why ESPN needs NFL for carrier fees.

The NFL is why ESPN can charge cable companies 6 dollars a month. They’ll bring in over $6.5, $7 billion dollars in revenue from subscriber fees this year and that’s a lot of money, for them and for Disney as well.

We still don't really know if those are facts though because it is ESPN, and their reporting combined with the NFL's dishonesty is DEPLORABLE. They continuously change the story and they know that everyone hates the Patriots so people like you will automatically buy into everything as factual. While that story has lots of great information in it, there's tons of hearsay. Why is nobody willing to put their name to the information provided?

I'm not saying the Patriots are perfect here, but this is once again getting blown out of proportion because it's the Patriots. This plays great to the Patriot haters. People hate the Pat's so much that ESPN/NFL can get away with shoddy stories, because they know most people won't question the facts of the story.

I just don't trust the infomation out of the League office and i definately do not trust the mothership. They control the story and how it's perceived.
I mean people don't want to hear this. There is no new evidence in that article. They just hammer in every freaking rumor they can and tied it a bow for people to love. Nobody is changing their mind on this story.

I mean people don't want to hear this. There is no new evidence in that article. They just hammer in every freaking rumor they can and tied it a bow for people to love. Nobody is changing their mind on this story.

So was it 6 or 40 games that were taped? That seems like a discrepancy.

Did we (the public, the media) see all the tapes at a special news conference? (obviously not)

If there were always 40 tapes, why did Goodell say 6 (understanding that he's probably an absolute moron).

Orangeman said:
No, I think it enhances DeflateGate. It answers the obvious question: did they REALLY have a secret system set up to deflate the balls? How could they? Well, here, they've done it in the past, different topic but still cheating. It's all right there...the fact that an inner-circle member (Mangini) snowed them in, they destroyed many many tapes called into question the integrity of the game. Goodell took the dive for Kraft then. That investigation was so pathetic that there is no alternative reason. The motivation? As always, follow the money...Goodell probably made $500,000 as an NFL mini-exec...he gets promoted by Kraft to Commish and he's on track for $46m On Kraft's side, his investment in the Patriots goes from $150m to $2.5B through all their "hard-earned success and winning ways". It's all too clear now

Where there's smoke there's fire. Been too many accusations and suspicions about the Pats over the years. Kraft cheats. Belichek cheats. Brady cheats. If it wasn't so messy for the NFL, they'd make them vacate SB wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom