Bryce Cohoon in the portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bryce Cohoon in the portal

Horse's mouth...

Remember some of the players were "talked to" last December but were allowed to stay in the program to a) create some film to help them transfer, or b) change the coaches minds.

"DM or text for spring practice film." Sounds like Cahoon has the film he needs.

I believe the guys who hit the portal today (Cohoon and Gordon) fit this description. There may be more.

Additionally, you may have noticed Juwan Price was on the sidelines Saturday even though he had entered the portal the day before. Coach Fran allowed Price to wear his jersey and be on the sidelines "because he did everything right." Price did everything that was asked of him. The numbers just weren't in his favor. The two new freshmen RB's are pretty good, and it did not look like Price who will be in his last season of eligibility wasn't going to get many carries this year. If Price has any hopes of getting a chance in the NFL he is going to need carries, thus he was encouraged to enter the portal so he could find a program where he can get carries and chase his dream.

I wish all of these guys good luck in their journey.

And, Coach Fran is looking to add another 6-10 walk-ons to the program.

Remember some of the players were "talked to" last December but were allowed to stay in the program to a) create some film to help them transfer, or b) change the coaches minds.

"DM or text for spring practice film." Sounds like Cahoon has the film he needs.

I believe the guys who hit the portal today (Cohoon and Gordon) fit this description. There may be more.

Additionally, you may have noticed Juwan Price was on the sidelines Saturday even though he had entered the portal the day before. Coach Fran allowed Price to wear his jersey and be on the sidelines "because he did everything right." Price did everything that was asked of him. The numbers just weren't in his favor. The two new freshmen RB's are pretty good, and it did not look like Price who will be in his last season of eligibility wasn't going to get many carries this year. If Price has any hopes of getting a chance in the NFL he is going to need carries, thus he was encouraged to enter the portal so he could find a program where he can get carries and chase his dream.

Red is looking to add another 6-10 guy to.

I really thought Bryce was going to be a really good player for us nice size very athletic and high football IQ. I am sorry to see him leave I wish him the best at his next destination.
I also thought Bryce would mature into a contributor at the Cuse. These coaches lively hood depends on the talent evaluations and projections of these kids. Probably going to hit on most but miss on some as well. I am going to follow Bryce's career and hope he kills it!

I liked price being there with his guys.

Bryce seems like a terrific kid who by all accounts worked hard and had talent.

In the spring game, he just seemed overmatched by the level of talent surrounding him.

The talent level on the team is rising quickly and there are going to be some players who are not good enough to be a factor in the future.

I hope Bryce finds a school that is a good fit for his skills, gets a lot of playing time and becomes a major contributor to his new team.

Best of luck to him. And Tyler and anyone else that ends up leaving in search of a better fit.
Agreed...if Bryce is academically inclined he should look at Tulsa or Tulane

And he should contact the Military Academies. He'd have to academically start as a "Freshman"...however becoming a pilot sets you up for life.

From what I heard will be a lot more coming…lotta talks have been given after spring ball. HCFB not messing around

Ballpark? Just my humble opinion, but it seems like most of the depth guys are already gone. Would imagine that means some real contributors might leave?

Ballpark? Just my humble opinion, but it seems like most of the depth guys are already gone. Would imagine that means some real contributors might leave?
Upon looking at the roster there’s 6-9 kids I see that are talented but probably won’t play much this year as things stand now. Just depends on how quickly they want to see the field.

From what I heard will be a lot more coming…lotta talks have been given after spring ball. HCFB not messing around
That’s what has to happen unfortunately. Anyone that watched the spring game could see the talent disparity between the first and second units.

Under Fran I’m confident we will not have a program that suffers from quality depth every single season moving forward. And that’s a relief.

Rumored and I didn't see him at the spring game - not a good sign. But maybe someone has better information in the absence of an announcement.

No, he played in the spring game. He had a catch for the blue team.

I really thought Bryce was going to be a really good player for us nice size very athletic and high football IQ. I am sorry to see him leave I wish him the best at his next destination.

He is VERY fast. Too bad.

I heard around 20…could be a hyperbole keep in mind lol but there’s definitely more coming

That’s what has to happen unfortunately. Anyone that watched the spring game could see the talent disparity between the first and second units.

Under Fran I’m confident we will not have a program that suffers from quality depth every single season moving forward. And that’s a relief.
For sure, we are very talented at the top of the roster but if we wanna survive the injury bug we need some more sure fire contributors.

I sold some Nike Syracuse gear on eBay to someone in his family a while back... things change quickly for sure!

I heard around 20…could be a hyperbole keep in mind lol but there’s definitely more coming

Well, if you look at the updated roster, we only have 4 QBs (no legit #2) and only 3 RBs.
So, you figure we will likely add 1 more of each, maybe 2 more RBs.

We have 10 WRs on scholarship. This group looks like it has already been culled. Four freshmen coming in.

Six TEs, with 2 good freshmen coming in. I could maybe see 1 depart.

We have 20 OL on scholarship right now. That's too many, although 8 of them are new guys. I could see 3 or so depart.

We have 14 DL on scholarship. Seven are new guys. Maybe 1 guy, or possibly 2, but we would want to replace at least 1.

Ten LBs. Four new guys, and some pretty good depth from last year. I think we keep them all.

15 DBs seems about right if we are going to play a 4-2-5 defense. I see 1 or 2 guys who we might want to upgrade, but we already have 7 new guys back there.

So, that's maybe 6 or 7 guys who could still leave, by my count, and I could see us adding 1 QB, 2 RB, 1 more OL after the Colorado Man Mountain, one more DL, one more CB.

He had the measurables but it's a red flag when your 2 State schools don't come through with offers. I'm not sure if they ended up offering him but I don't believe they did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom