Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

Thought BG looked like an above average athlete. If Kadary’s better though, then yeah...this won’t matter at all in that case.

He's not unathletic. He's just not real fluid, a little stiff, not twitch quick. He's a lot like Frank Howard. Bottom line though he's not a strong shooter and isn't a real threat to blow by people and penetrate. we'll live.

This is what happens when you play 6 players and 2 guards. Players don’t stay these days if they don’t get a chance. Surprising because Jimmy always talks up players defense and sits players that lack defensive ability. Yet, this year, goodine was our best defensive guard and he plays less then the two starters who are suspect at best on defense. First time in JB’s 40 plus years in Syracuse he played offense over defense and it just so happened to be the year his son was a liability on defense and struggled down the stretch on offense. Yet buddy had every opportunity, opportunity’s that goodine the more superior athlete, who probably has the higher floor didn’t have. In my opinion, huge coaching mistake the jimmy will come to regret.

Classy farewell. Seemed like a terrific kid. I wish him nothing but success in the future,
Sorry to see him transfer. He has a lot of potential but he would be the third guard at best for Syracuse in the projected rotation for next year. Believe that Washington will stay and Chaney will go (been wrong before but he is most logical to go).

No but JB May have burned the bridge by playing Buddy and JGIII 35+ minutes and refusing to give Goodine any run.
Who’s Buddy? Don’t you mean the coach’s son?

I have a new pet peeve if it isn’t obvious

Oh the recruiting is awful across the board, but to answer your question, another year of development and additional depth?

I didn't personally see enough to think his development would significantly improve our team. So I'm fine with this. As a senior he would be a nice player. Is he a high end guy, like Devo was, not really.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if coaches of other programs agree with you alls evaluation of his talent. Does he transfer laterally (P5 program) or to a mid-major. Then how much does he play. Could be 2 years before we find out.

He's not unathletic. He's just not real fluid, a little stiff, not twitch quick. He's a lot like Frank Howard. Bottom line though he's not a strong shooter and isn't a real threat to blow by people and penetrate. we'll live.

I would’ve had the same assessment much of the year, but thought he showed a different burst with the ball in his hands late in the season than I’d seen from him before.

Think the shot will come around as he gains experience, and he’ll be average-a little above average there.

I didn't personally see enough to think his development would significantly improve our team. So I'm fine with this. As a senior he would be a nice player. Is he a high end guy, like Devo, not really.

Disagree, but time will tell. What I do know is that we can’t play a slow guy and a small guy at the top of the zone for 40 minutes. We need athletes and I saw flashes from him.

Agreed. He looked good at the end of the year. I think he’ll be a solid player.

All the same, somebody was obviously going to leave at guard. Will be interesting to see if Jalen goes too now.
Didn’t jalen say he wasn’t leaving? I’m so confused.

That’s disappointing, I liked him though his shot never seemed to fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom