Buddy injury updates... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy injury updates...

Of course it wasn’t a coincidence. Pretty obvious to anyone watching goodine is a superior defender, likely due to his better athleticism and lateral foot speed. That’s been well documented. It’s also been well documented that buddy is a superior offensive player from the standpoint of making open shots and going on those 6-9 point bursts.

Last night was the perfect game for goodine to play once we built the lead. Defense was important. The fact he made some nice plays on offense was just added benefit.

It was great to see.
That, and Pitt really sucks!

amazing how often it is you don't realize how much the left hand can do until you smash your right thumb.

Re the inside/outside hire. I don’t want to get too specific here but one of the main considerations here is the structure of the current staff and the fact that they are all alums and Orange family. This is going to play a MAJOR role here and the fact is that if you hire outside you basically jettison Gmac and Red. Unless you hire one particular one...

the fact is that if you hire outside you basically jettison Gmac and Red.
That's a poor excuse. They'd land on their feet somewhere.

All I am saying is hiring from the outside doesn't guarantee anything.

Yeah, of course. But hiring someone WITH experience is a surer bet than hiring someone without any.

Re the inside/outside hire. I don’t want to get too specific here but one of the main considerations here is the structure of the current staff and the fact that they are all alums and Orange family. This is going to play a MAJOR role here and the fact is that if you hire outside you basically jettison Gmac and Red. Unless you hire one particular one...

Yeah, that happens everywhere, not just here, anytime you bring in a new head coach. Fresh ideas from the outside world would be useful, beneficial. We don't have to keep playing the zone after he's gone, y'know

An inside candidate may work. An outside candidate my crater. Pitt hired from the outside. They stink. There's no rhyme or reason to this.
Capel was left with nothing in the tank. He's done as good a job at rebuilding at this stage of the game as could be expected. He's got some good young players especially Compagnie.(sp)

That's why we can't just give the job to one of our inexperienced assistants. We are a bigger program than that. We make the THIRD MOST money of any college basketball program. Wildhack has to protect the Golden Goose.
UNC and Dook have the same basic problem: older HOF coaches who can't last a whole lot longer without going over the hill, who have staffs dominated by former players. Add to that a bunch of talk about loyalty, and you could be seeing the set up for a disastrous hire.

Dean Smith never would have OKed Roy Williams taking over if Roy had never been HC and shown real ability.

As I type that I have to back track a bit: I think Dean would have backed Phil Ford getting the UNC HC job with no HC experience because Dean would have delighted in the race thing. But that makes the point: you are hiring to keep a dynasty going, not to employ alums.

Tough following this thread....started out on Buddy & Goodine and ends up discussing JB replacement??? My question is does Buddy practice against Goodine? It would be interesting to see "offensive" Buddy vs the "defensive" Goodine. I believe as others mention, if Goodine was demonstrating strong practices, he would see more floor time. Possible he is starting to get his mojo back with the mask off.

UNC and Dook have the same basic problem: older HOF coaches who can't last a whole lot longer without going over the hill, who have staffs dominated by former players. Add to that a bunch of talk about loyalty, and you could be seeing the set up for a disastrous hire.
it's not the quickest way from the penthouse to the parking garage but you get my drift...

Stannah-Stairlift-3_CategoryPage.jpg

Yeah, that happens everywhere, not just here, anytime you bring in a new head coach. Fresh ideas from the outside world would be useful, beneficial. We don't have to keep playing the zone after he's gone, y'know
I’m not saying that. But big boys tend to be more family and less transactional. If you don’t think Duke will hire from Ks tree or a Dukie you’re kidding yourself. I’d put the likelihood of a non SU guy at less than 25%

I’m not saying that. But big boys tend to be more family and less transactional. If you don’t think Duke will hire from Ks tree or a Dukie you’re kidding yourself. I’d put the likelihood of a non SU guy at less than 25%
iu

Dean Smith never would have OKed Roy Williams taking over if Roy had never been HC and shown real ability.

As I type that I have to back track a bit: I think Dean would have backed Phil Ford getting the UNC HC job with no HC experience because Dean would have delighted in the race thing. But that makes the point: you are hiring to keep a dynasty going, not to employ alums.
Well, Dean OKd Guthridge taking over from him.

Juli? Is that you?!!? :p
Seriously though, we are better w/ a healthy Buddy in the lineup. It’s the “40-minutes and a cloud-of-dust” substitution patterns that i don’t like. Goodine should’ve been getting regular PT as part of a plan, not just by happenstance. JMHO

Goodine got PT early on and stunk. Then he had the mask.

It’s possible he like...got better over the course of the season, and now is ready to help. And getting the mask off helps too.

I agree about Duke but honestly if Hurley turns UConn around I could see him as a possibility

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom