Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

Depth Chart Check
PG Sy, Joe, Paddy
SG Joe, Cole, Paddy, Sy
SF Cole, Chaz, Jimmy
PF Jimmy, Cole, Frank, Chaz
C Sid, Frank, (and I'll just throw Jimmy in the mix here just to bust everyone's chops)
LDWufw.gif

No.
It’s not enforced. No one is coming up to coach and saying “your forfeit if he doesn’t leave the bench”. It’s our call.

How many people here have been pout in the situation that Jb is now in? I have. A kid I coached in legion
did something as dumb as Buddy just did. he got a game, could have been more, and I stood by him and defended him to the powers that be, It's just what you do. Now, I handled my punishment with him as well.
BINGO

People that are saying he shouldn’t have been suspended are kidding themselves. If this happens against us every one of you would be at the top of the mountain yelling and screaming for repercussions. The only reason you disagree is because you think it is a witch hunt against Jim and it’s not!!!

Pretty telling when I have heard every talking head say he should be suspended. Even Mad Dog Chris Russo. I get he was frustrated but there is cameras everywhere. You cant close your fist and swing. Even in football that is an automatic ejection or suspension. There are things you cant do. Totally out of character by buddy. But unfortunately he has to live with the consequences when he does something like this. It was obvious and clear, it was not part of the game of basketball.

So if Buddy throws a second punch up 40 he gets suspended for the rest of the game and plays tomorrow.

Well, maybe not. But….that’s just kinda odd…not that he would.

IF we get invited to the NIT, I think this changes JBs mind about accepting or not.

I just wonder if we still legit get a shot likely being 16-17. Gotta figure you have UVA and VT ahead of us and then FSU by record ahead of us at least.

If they didn't call it shouldn't be reviewed. They blew it. He should not suffer for it
i really agree with this.

when officials blow a call that decides a game they never go back and change what happened.

once the game is over...its over.

Why didn't the refs call a foul when Cole went for a dunk and was smashed on the head? That was intentional, why doesn't that player get a suspension at the start of next year?

You have to admit.
As far as the straight dramatics of it all, many strange seasons in a row, we are a consistent top 10 team.

Injuries this year:
Sy
Sid
Benny
Edwards
Jon Bol

Suspensions:
Buddy

Halftime double digit leads that end up losses:

4 point swings to end the first half:
What, 30? :)

I must be forgetting a bunch but this crazy stuff happens for the last decade it seems.

Yet.
Still.
We fight and fight and fight, compete with anyone when we are down and out and are especially dangerous at times like this.

So if Buddy throws a second punch up 40 he gets suspended for the rest of the game and plays tomorrow.

Well, maybe not. But….that’s just kinda odd…not that he would.

I still have a hard time seeing him playing vs Duke even if they caught it and ejected him then.

So i think we all now walk into this with expectation this thing ends up a flaming turd with a blowout loss to Duke.

That is easily the most likely outcome. So with that and everyone knowing that- tomorrow becomes Symirs game. We obviously need everyone to do their part, and probably need minutes from Casey at this point.

Back to Symir though- he will be facing ball pressure and have a chance to get in the lane and make things interesting. Joe is important to but for us to shock the world without Buddy or at least keep contact its all about Symir.
I am not giving up, yet - although we are a very poor match – up with Duke

Tomorrows starting line up is:

Cole Swider

Joe Girard III

Jimmy Boeheim

Bourama Sidibe

Symir Torrence

Bench

Frank Anselem

There is always HOPE.

Last edited:
If you watch the tape from the start. The FSU pushed him first. Buddy just reacted. If someone plays dirty on you, you fight back.

That's pretty crazy, even for this board.

That was a borderline common foul - something that given the state of the game right now happens probably a dozen times on every possession, hundreds of times a game.

And somehow it's virtually never followed by a punch.

They can put two 6’5” guys on Joe. He will have trouble getting shots off. No reason to ever come off Cole or Joe. Williams can handle anything in the paint. Duke will have to shoot 20% or worse to lose this game.
So you're saying there's a chance!

i mean jumping to conclusions much?

SU can win tommorow, Donna...

then his career wont be over will it??
This must be the public syracuse.com take, because every writer has said essentially the same thing.

How does someone not coach him up before the presser so he doesnt make an a$$ out of himself
There's no one big enough. After all—JAB is Syracuse basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom