Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 143 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

the D had too many holes to fill today.
Ultimately they did their job. They stopped them twice giving them two drives to win and the offense failed

He wasn’t hit. Rushed sure, but not hit. They showed the replay and Romo didn’t correct himself.

Yup he definitely wasn't hit, just couldn't step into the throw which is why it was short. Needed a mid range throw on 3rd to go for it on 4th. The fg there even it goes in is a pyrrhic victory. KC would have gotten into FG range no problem against this defense.

Yup he definitely wasn't hit, just couldn't step into the throw which is why it was short. Needed a mid range throw on 3rd to go for it on 4th. The fg there even it goes in is a pyrrhic victory. KC would have gotten into FG range no problem against this defense.
Gotcha…read it too quick when you said nope, but now I see you what you meant. Sucks either way.

I wonder how much Diggs has left in the tank. He was not great today and wasn’t that productive when the Bills played their best football down the stretch. His contract makes him virtually unmovable though.

Get Belichek (just threw up a bit, but it's correct)

I'm not an Anti-McDermott guy but at some point you've gotta wonder what someone else at the helm might be able to do or come up with. Not saying he should be let go but feels like were re-living the same issues in the playoffs year after year after year.

Right I almost would rather go for it there.
Just awful out of the 2mins. Tough cause Josh was perfect otherwise. Needed 9yds on 2 plays man. What the f

hope the Bill's fan base don't go ballistic on Bass like they did on Norwood.

Also captain obvious here but gotta look at a new kicker as well. Bass has been way to unpredictable the last two years.
Been a liability all year and unfortunately manifested at the worst moment possible. Not that it would have mattered in the long run. Gut wrenching loss.

I'm not an Anti-McDermott guy but at some point you've gotta wonder what someone else at the helm might be able to do or come up with. Not saying he should be let go but feels like were re-living the same issues in the playoffs year after year after year.
I just think Josh was the issue here in the 4th. Bills had 9 lives in this game couldn’t capitalize

Right I almost would rather go for it there.
Just awful out of the 2mins. Tough cause Josh was perfect otherwise. Needed 9yds on 2 plays man. What the f

Should have looked for a 5-6 yard play and set up a 4th and short there. Josh was running for his life on 3rd but would have liked to have seen something more designed there, even a QB draw or something.

This is pretty much the exact game a defensive strategist should help. And it led to getting dog walked for the most part. Not great.

I just think Josh was the issue here in the 4th. Bills had 9 lives in this game couldn’t capitalize

He didn't have a great last drive but I find it hard to put the blame on him. I mean he hit Diggs in the hands for a 60 yard bomb he dropped. He had Shakir for 6 but couldn't step into the throw. You can fault him on that third down almost throw away but asking him to be the entire offense after KC took away the run game after the 1st O possession in the second half is a lot to ask of any QB.

Brady failed to adjust for to long in the 2nd half and Buffalo was dieing for a second Outside receiver in the 2nd half

The defense was great this year for the Bills until injuries obviously became too much. The AFC is going to be tougher assuming Burrow is healthy and Stroud having a year experience under him so they can’t stand pat.

I think they need to retool the offense a bit going forward. It was great to see them run the ball so well late in the season and Cooks is great but the passing game seemed to take a step back. They need to get some young guys on the outside because the cap situation is not great.

The defense was great this year for the Bills until injuries obviously became too much. The AFC is going to be tougher assuming Burrow is healthy and Stroud having a year experience under him so they can’t stand pat.

I think they need to retool the offense a bit going forward. It was great to see them run the ball so well late in the season and Cooks is great but the passing game seemed to take a step back. They need to get some young guys on the outside because the cap situation is not great.

Seems likely they go Wr in RD 1 or 2. They also will have to probably make some cap casualty decisions or eat some dead cap next year to clear out a bunch for the following season. They do have a lot of draft capital and the positions of need aren't a ton. That said safety, WR and DE are to me the 3 key areas to watch.

I know I’m not a diehard here like some(Saints fan first), but the entire passing game was broken during most of the winning streak. I think Allen, Brady, and Diggs all deserve a bit of blame.

It’s also not fair to expect your QB to be as efficient throwing as some other guys when he’s also basically a tailback and taking shots from linebackers 10-15 times a game.

So what is there to say. The injuries almost sorta evened out eventually. Hochuli didn't kill us. Touchback was the break that should've propelled us. Not much to gripe about other than the 2day rest disadv.
Valdez freaking Scandling can make a tough catch but not Diggs? Okie dokie.
Front 4 a complete no show as always.
I guess it's just never gonna happen for us. 2003 and then that's it for my fan life. Thanks Melo. Suck it Kansas team!

He didn't have a great last drive but I find it hard to put the blame on him. I mean he hit Diggs in the hands for a 60 yard bomb he dropped. He had Shakir for 6 but couldn't step into the throw. You can fault him on that third down almost throw away but asking him to be the entire offense after KC took away the run game after the 1st O possession in the second half is a lot to ask of any QB.

Brady failed to adjust for to long in the 2nd half and Buffalo was dieing for a second Outside receiver in the 2nd half
True. The bills and Josh Allen are judged at this point on post season success which is not horrible but not good either. You also need a little luck as well. Mahomes is the best qb in the league and once in a while you have to beat him to get where you want to be but Josh isn’t mahomes and isn’t as as clutch as joe burrow and it shows. Going to take a minor miracle for them to get to the Super Bowl as long as burrow and mahomes are around

Joe Burrow wins that game today if he was the bills qb because he makes better decisions and throws with much better accuracy. Josh came up small in the 4th, IMO. He crapped himself Trying to make the big play at the end instead of going for the first down

Last edited:
Seems likely they go Wr in RD 1 or 2. They also will have to probably make some cap casualty decisions or eat some dead cap next year to clear out a bunch for the following season. They do have a lot of draft capital and the positions of need aren't a ton. That said safety, WR and DE are to me the 3 key areas to watch.
White, Knox and Miller eating up 60 million in cap space is not ideal. Cutting them is a wash. They have to eat that next year if they were to get dumped.

Like all day it was short stuff and in the moment when we actually needed some short stuff we didn’t do it. I don’t understand. The shakir TD would have been awesome but the game is far from over. So again, I don’t get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom