Bunch of LSU Fans | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bunch of LSU Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in NO for business in 2010 and was invited to stay for the weekend and go to the tailgate/game by an LSU grad who I was working with. They were playing Tenn. and it is and continues to be the best tailgate scene I have been a part of. The tailgate where we were was in RV row where they had arrived on Thursday afternoon, then proceeded to eat, drink, party dance and scream until game time on Saturday (I got there on Sat morning at 8ish if I remember) Endless food of awesomeness like fried gator balls, fried frog legs, gumbo and this spike surrounded by various meats and fats hovering over a low flame. Equivalent to gyro meat but much more savory, spicy and heart attack inducing. The RVs were positioned in the shape of a U with the walls covered in flat screens and speakers and a tent over the open area. It was humid so you could go in the RV and catch some ac and gameday if needed. The sheer quantity they had of everything was amazing. Besides enough food to feed the football team and visiting recruits, there were at least 3 kegs, full liqueur bar and an army of coolers. I was given a yellow LSU jersey before we went into the game because they wanted to make feel like one of them. Every game is an event and they treat as if it will be the last they will ever attend I remember one of them saying. Tailgating is a science down in bayou and they get it right. I'm going back in 17 for sure.

I'll say this about LSU. Best looking uniform in college football. They don't change it every game and at half time. And their numbers don't look like something you would read on a computer punch card circa 1975.

I'll say this about LSU. Best looking uniform in college football. They don't change it every game and at half time. And their numbers don't look like something you would read on a computer punch card circa 1975.

I love it when they wear their purple uniforms.

Kind of bummed I won't make the trip. Sounds like it would be a good time, and SU fans seem OK. Whelp... there's always the game in Lambeau against Wisky.

I didn't see any LSU fans at Nibsys or Coleman's. Although I didn't really see anyone at Coleman's; place was dead.

Kind of bummed I won't make the trip. Sounds like it would be a good time, and SU fans seem OK. Whelp... there's always the game in Lambeau against Wisky.

That will be a great trip, always wanted to see a game in Lambeau.

Spotted a group of purple kitties coming out of our Kinney's here in Old Forge. I was very impressed seeing them this far north. Hadn't had good gumbo since I left Memphis, TN and seeing them made me hungry for some reason. Could use some Hush Puppies too.
The Farm doesn't serve gumbo and jambalaya?!

I think LSU fans will enjoy the experience. I mean, selling beer at the Dome, that alone... But enough fun to be had, good food to eat, plenty of alcohol to drink in Syracuse.

The only place you might run into some annoyance would be late night at certain places in Armory Square. I find some of those bars to be young and punk-ish. I can see some of them getting brave and mouthy.

I'd probably avoid Machete Night at Sadie's too, but that's just me.

Lotsa purple at the DoubleTree. Maybe I'll score some free drinks like from the FSU fans last year.:p

I think LSU fans will enjoy the experience. I mean, selling beer at the Dome, that alone... But enough fun to be had, good food to eat, plenty of alcohol to drink in Syracuse.

The only place you might run into some annoyance would be late night at certain places in Armory Square. I find some of those bars to be young and punk-ish. I can see some of them getting brave and mouthy.

I'd probably avoid Machete Night at Sadie's too, but that's just me.
that could be an issue for their late night legs.

when you are used to drinking 1 way and then either taking 3 hrs off or pacing yourself through a flask, you get to know your buzz.

if all of sudden you realize you can get a tray of beers for the row, things could get ugly...

get ready for a lot of bloated purple people out there, 10k veruka salts with an over the top buzz...

you_lose_gif-392.jpg

that could be an issue for their late night legs.

when you are used to drinking 1 way and then either taking 3 hrs off or pacing yourself through a flask, you get to know your buzz.

if all of sudden you realize you can get a tray of beers for the row, things could get ugly...

get ready for a lot of bloated purple people out there, 10k veruka salts with an over the top buzz...
we drink for 2 weeks straight during mardi gras. I think our fans will be OK

The love fest going on between our fan base and this board and the opposing/visiting fans is too much.

The love fest going on between our fan base and this board and the opposing/visiting fans is too much.
I have a sneaking suspicion that none of these guys are actually playing against us tomorrow. Why not revel together in the glory which is college football?

NOTE: this post does not refer in any way, shape, or form to being friendly with UConn fans. There - I feel better.

I have seen a couple of Lsu fans in northern nj today, I guess they are really excited for this trip.

Syracuse residents drink for 4 months straight, because ya know...winter.

Victory is ours.
I keep reading about this winter in storybooks, but I thought it was a myth made to scare people, like the G-spot or the literate Bama fan... you know, 'Winter is coming' and 'There be Dragons' and 'Rolleth thy Tide' and all that rubbish. It's not really real...

...is it?

I keep reading about this winter in storybooks, but I thought it was a myth made to scare people, like the G-spot or the literate Bama fan... you know, 'Winter is coming' and 'There be Dragons' and 'Rolleth thy Tide' and all that rubbish. It's not really real...

...is it?

:rolling:

Status
Not open for further replies.