Bunch of LSU Fans | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Bunch of LSU Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading about this winter in storybooks, but I thought it was a myth made to scare people, like the G-spot or the literate Bama fan... you know, 'Winter is coming' and 'There be Dragons' and 'Rolleth thy Tide' and all that rubbish. It's not really real...

...is it?
Syracuse had about 120 inches of snow this past winter. That's 10 feet.

CuseHulk said:
At 24 was your local economy something you thought and cared about.

The boost to the local economy is why you got your grand tip.

12th all time in wins. 2 national championships (and a third appearance) in the last 12 years. more players on NFL rosters than any other team. 10 wins in 7 of the last 10 seasons. 3rd most winningest program this century.

but yeah, we suck

Lsu has underachieved at time in the past couple of years, and lost some games that they should have won, but they are a top ten program, I would give my left arm to have the success that Lsu has had.

bee rye
At this board there is this fantastic thing called the ignore feature/button, feel free to use it on anyone you feel like you need to...ie cusehulk...

Oh Lord

I keep reading about this winter in storybooks, but I thought it was a myth made to scare people, like the G-spot or the literate Bama fan... you know, 'Winter is coming' and 'There be Dragons' and 'Rolleth thy Tide' and all that rubbish. It's not really real...

...is it?

Blizzard of '66
tumblr_mz116gcHe51s7e5k5o1_400.jpg

Blizzard of '93
6a0105364228eb970b017d41d27e2e970c-pi

This past winter 2014
16372318-mmmain.jpg

CuseOnly said:
Blizzard of '66 Blizzard of '93 This past winter 2014

'66 was crazy and the worst blizzard ever in Syracuse. All the snow came at once it seemed. I was 11 and school was closed for a week. Every door and first floor window in our house was drifted over. I remember my father had to go out an upstairs window to even start any cleanup. First few days there was no traffic at all and looked like a ghost town. Just snowmobiles. Good times as a kid.

Last edited:
'66 was crazy and the worst blizzard ever in Syracuse. All the snow came at once it seemed. I was 11 and school was closed for a week. Every door and first floor window in our house was drifted over. I remember my father had to go out and upstairs window to even start any cleanup. First few days there was no traffic at all and looked like a ghost town. Just snowmobiles. Good times as a kid.

Not even the plows were out for days with that one. It was like the end of the world if you were living out in the country.

'66 was crazy and the worst blizzard ever in Syracuse. All the snow came at once it seemed. I was 11 and school was closed for a week. Every door and first floor window in our house was drifted over. I remember my father had to go out and upstairs window to even start any cleanup. First few days there was no traffic at all and looked like a ghost town. Just snowmobiles. Good times as a kid.

School closed for a week? We basically had that twice in Atlanta this year. For a combined 6 inches.

Edit* last year. I base my memory of the blizzards on the Ennis 3 to beat Pitt. And since I have successfully blacked out the 2014/2015 season I easily confuse the 25-0 start with "this year"

Good Lord!! How do you people survive in the winter up there? We get a threat of small flurries (once every ten years), and they close schools and businesses.

LSU fan here, just got signed up, but have been reading this board all week. Must say, great place to hang out, good people who love their team and the game as a whole.

Good Lord!! How do you people survive in the winter up there? We get a threat of small flurries (once every ten years), and they close schools and businesses.

LSU fan here, just got signed up, but have been reading this board all week. Must say, great place to hang out, good people who love their team and the game as a whole.

Welcome to Whose Line! Where the games are made up and the points don't matter!

I was lurking on the LSU board all week and joined today. You guys are fun.

'66 was crazy and the worst blizzard ever in Syracuse. All the snow came at once it seemed. I was 11 and school was closed for a week. Every door and first floor window in our house was drifted over. I remember my father had to go out an upstairs window to even start any cleanup. First few days there was no traffic at all and looked like a ghost town. Just snowmobiles. Good times as a kid.

I am not that old, was born in 71 but I have heard stories my whole life, 1993 was pretty bad though but not as bad as 66.

Great post. Funny on many levels. The G-Spot. Hee hee.
I was actually going to say 'like the female orgasm', but I'm still a guest here and I'm not 100% sure what's kosher and what's not.

To be completely honest, I've seen snow a total of three times in Baton Rouge in my life, and only once where it was thick enough to actually be visible on the ground... and they closed the schools all three times.

Our summers on the other hand, are brutal. we're still rocking high humidity with temps in the upper 90's in September. 124 degrees on the field against Auburn last week according to the thermometers there.

CuseOnly said:
I am not that old, was born in 71 but I have heard stories my whole life, 1993 was pretty bad though but not as bad as 66.

Yea, 93 or 77 was the next worst I think.

Question is it more our fan base and this board being envious about LSU as a College football program ?

Because honestly if so, there r a bunch of college football teams i would be more envious of before LSU.

Alabama would be on the top of my list. Past and Present.

LSU honestly is one of the more overrated programs in the country and so is Les Miles as a head coach.

1 national championship in the last 10 years. 2 conference titles. In the last 10 years.
I fully realize I'm probably banging my head against a brick wall here, but you do realize the conference (and division) that you're talking about. Last year six of the seven teams in the SEC West spent time in the top 10, and the last place team in the division, Arkansas, buried Texas 31-7 in their bowl game. Up until the past couple of seasons, the SECCG has usually been a tougher match-up than the MNCG.

As for Miles being overrated, well, he has three teams on his permanent schedule that have played for and won multiple national championships in the last decade or so... so that's a pretty tough curve to grade on. Meanwhile, in his ten years at LSU no other coach in the country has played as many games against ranked foes or won as many games against ranked foes than he. Some people would kill for that kind of 'over-rated'.

Look for that over-rated coach coming to a dome near you... ;)

CuseOnly said:

In 93 I spent the night at my friends house next door (I was 16). Woke up and told my Mom I'd be home "in a minute" - it took me 20 minutes.

Last edited:
Drove up from VA today and passed several car loads of purple crazies flying car flags who always rolled down the windows and waved their LSU stuff with big smiles. Waved my orange hat back but was totally unprepared for their enthusiasm. Stopped in Cortland for dinner at the Central Bar and Grill downtown and guess what. Ran into two separate LSU groups having dinner all decked out in purple spendor. Very friendly. Think we might be out numbered tomorrow.

I didn't say you suck. I just think your program is overrated.
Hm. What are they 'rated' then? Are you referring to the #8 national ranking, because you seem to be speaking historically rather than regarding this particular team..

First real interaction with Syracuse fans of any stripe, and I'm loving them.

Well, most of them, anyway. ;)

About 10 years ago, some friends in Parish had 11 feet of snow in less than a week. The bands of snow in the snow belt just kept coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.