Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post here... I'm super excited about the prospect of getting this guy. The fact that Kentucky is out of the picture, and Seton Hall too with their commitment yesterday, I think we've got a pretty fair shot here. He appears to be a bit more physical than the guys we have now, so I think he'd definitely see playing time behind Sidibe, and maybe even push for starter's minutes if Sidibe regresses or can't stay out of foul trouble. I think WKU is our biggest competition right now. I hope Autry's relationship will make the difference. One concern is that if the connection with Red was that solid, I'm surprised we weren't in his initial top three before LSU (i think that's who it was) took someone else. Any thoughts about what happened? Anyhow, thanks for having me on the board. Fingers crossed for a commitment in the coming weeks!!!

True that. But that's a big if at all the remaining list of schools he has. As a outsider looking in I think our roster is less intimidating and I would see a path to more playtime time in my opinion. Wku has Bassey and hes a beast. Arkansas has transfer vance jackson and 7'3 center as well as a few other big guys. San Diego just landed a immediate 6'10 transfer from maryland. But maybe he likes the west coast? Idk it's all just guesses at this point and just my opinion. Sidibe was great towards the end of the year and I hope that confidence and play continues...but hes still so foul prone and I don't think JB wants Marek at the 5 if he doesnt have to.
And FWIW from my source...not much smoke with Frank coming here but if this trend keeps happening where we become the only option, welp sweet
Woohoo we are going to land the number 130 recruit by default because he had no other options. Recruiting Is rolling.

Woohoo we are going to land the number 130 recruit by default because he had no other options. Recruiting Is rolling.
Again, he was around 85 before reclassifying and didnt get to show much on the stacked team he was on that did him no favors as far as rankings go. Would of DEFINITELY climbed much higher next year in his real class. Again, check his offer list. Hes legit. Also considered a better big man recruit that we've had since like TT. IF we close on him. Hes better then ur making him sound. Younger kid but also already bigger then all our current bigs with go go gadget arms as well. But yes, things do seem to be falling literally into our lap so if we dont close this one then idkwtf to think anymore lol.

San Diego State fan here that comes in peace. First thing I want to say is I don't have any inside info on where he is leaning. The thought for San Diego State coming into the offseason is they were going to land 2 bigs, we only have 1 big on the roster coming into the offseason that had blood clot in lung. All I'm saying is even after the Maryland transfer I'm sure they still want to add 1 more big and have the scholarship to do so. So they aren't going to back off or anything.

Yeah it’s not like we have the best 2022 point guard in the country already committed

Exactly. And it’s not like it will just be Dior either. I’m confident we’ll get either Chance or Zion as well as a couple others. What will the complaints be if we bring in Benny next year and then a top 5 class led by Dior in 2022?

San Diego State fan here that comes in peace. First thing I want to say is I don't have any inside info on where he is leaning. The thought for San Diego State coming into the offseason is they were going to land 2 bigs, we only have 1 big on the roster coming into the offseason that had blood clot in lung. All I'm saying is even after the Maryland transfer I'm sure they still want to add 1 more big and have the scholarship to do so. So they aren't going to back off or anything.
That is consistent with what I've heard as well.

First post here... I'm super excited about the prospect of getting this guy. The fact that Kentucky is out of the picture, and Seton Hall too with their commitment yesterday, I think we've got a pretty fair shot here. He appears to be a bit more physical than the guys we have now, so I think he'd definitely see playing time behind Sidibe, and maybe even push for starter's minutes if Sidibe regresses or can't stay out of foul trouble. I think WKU is our biggest competition right now. I hope Autry's relationship will make the difference. One concern is that if the connection with Red was that solid, I'm surprised we weren't in his initial top three before LSU (i think that's who it was) took someone else. Any thoughts about what happened? Anyhow, thanks for having me on the board. Fingers crossed for a commitment in the coming weeks!!!
Good first post. Welcome welcome to the board!

besides WKU being shady af...Frank has a pretty good friendship with Bassey which will help. Also I didnt know much of their roster situation but apparently it's not very good. Playing time if is one of the main priorities will definitely favor WKU (on paper at least) I still think our roster shouldnt intimate him but he might see all the guys we have and not like the idea of competing with them knowing WKU is such a easy path...just such a crap school to go to in my opinion but to each their own. I still say he wants bigger and better then WKU and that's us. As long as theres no shady dealings involved that sway him to WKU.

Screenshot_20200509-210325_Twitter.jpg

Just my opinion. If he ends up at WKU it's for obvious reasons and there will be nothing we can do about it. I still think hes a smart kid and hopefully his camp steers him to the best fit and style of play for this kid. Far and away we are the best program on his list with the most to offer and the best exposure. It's not even close. I like our chances...Its also worth noting Reds been recruiting this kid the longest. I really liked how he talked about his relationship with him. This is gotta be one we win.

WKU will have a lot of guard talent next season (Hollingsworth will be a senior and he's averaged between 13 and 16 PPG in his career - should be front runner for C-USA Player of the Year) but lacks in the big men department. I think he would get a lot of run in the first season and have a lot of team success. Beyond that, their roster at the guard position looks to take a hit due to graduation. Bassey leaving after next season won't help either (does Frank want to sign up to play one season with Bassey?).

Just my opinion. If he ends up at WKU it's for obvious reasons and there will be nothing we can do about it. I still think hes a smart kid and hopefully his camp steers him to the best fit and style of play for this kid. Far and away we are the best program on his list with the most to offer and the best exposure. It's not even close. I like our chances...Its also worth noting Reds been recruiting this kid the longest. I really liked how he talked about his relationship with him. This is gotta be one we win.

Agree 100% about if he land at WKU -- it would be for the obvious reason, no question.

Silent G’s dad is Nigerian. Silent G played on the Nigerian national team in the Olympics.

Also Pascal Chukwu is from Nigeria. Obokoh is also from there.
I like it!

WKU will have a lot of guard talent next season (Hollingsworth will be a senior and he's averaged between 13 and 16 PPG in his career - should be front runner for C-USA Player of the Year) but lacks in the big men department. I think he would get a lot of run in the first season and have a lot of team success. Beyond that, their roster at the guard position looks to take a hit due to graduation. Bassey leaving after next season won't help either (does Frank want to sign up to play one season with Bassey?).
Ya if you want to rot at a mid major and play against Marshall.

I can't imagine wanting to live in western Kentucky. For any reason. For any length of time. Juli left the state bereft of value.
Lexington is gorgeous. Western Kentucky is not.

I've lived in Bowling Green for over a decade and at one point had WKU season tickets that supplemented my Cuse fandom.

Bowling Green is a beautiful town and it's only an hour from Nashville and about two (with a time zone jump) to Louisville.

WKU has great facilities and the fan base is coming back (it fell off when I first moved here - attribute the drop to Calipari's hiring - this is very much a UK state).

Also, a little biased because my daughter was born here.

Silent G’s dad is Nigerian. Silent G played on the Nigerian national team in the Olympics.

Also Pascal Chukwu is from Nigeria. Obokoh is also from there.
Also. Arinze Onuaku is of Nigerian decent. I would doubt any problem in the country has had more success developing players whose families are from or recently migrated from Africa.

Can’t Boeheim close this out and call this guy up a few more times lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors