Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Most of your comment is off base and has no relevance. They were playing and the Ludden player was more physical, they got tied up and Bryant reacted rather ridiculously.. That simple.. He was not a dominant player in the game...That simple..
How do you know his comment was off base? He was theorizing why Bryant may have had a bad reaction. Just because you saw the game does not mean you know everything that transpired.

Sounds like Bryant got mugged Pitt-style and was ineffective and frustrated. No punches, no technicals, no real story. He's young and can learn.

Your report does not sway me from wanting this guy in Orange.

Meyer notes on Thomas Bryant recruiting:

Thomas Bryant
Coming off a Gold Medal win with the USA 16U National Team, Bryant has picked up recent scholarship offers from Florida, Ohio State, UCLA and Miami. Nearby Syracuse is considered the frontrunner to land the hard working, long post player.

Meyer notes on Thomas Bryant recruiting:

Thomas Bryant
Coming off a Gold Medal win with the USA 16U National Team, Bryant has picked up recent scholarship offers from Florida, Ohio State, UCLA and Miami. Nearby Syracuse is considered the frontrunner to land the hard working, long post player.

3rekvx.jpg

It's interesting that the original poster mentions he seems like a bright young man in an article but then another poster thought he was immature with a bad attitude. I have know idea but we shouldn't get scared away because of one game. Maybe the other player said something offensive to Bryant and he didn't want to shake his hand. An example when I was in highschool playing soccer one team had players that would say really racist remarks to me. Nobody else could hear them.

Can't say what happened here but if someone said something or did something inappropriate then Bryant has every right to not shake the guys hand. I wouldn't. Now if it was just tuff basketball and he was frustrated then I would say he's immature.

Kaigler of Ludden is black so I doubt very much that it had anything to do with racism. Kearney and Ludden play quite a bit so it just might have been competitiveness ,rivalry and frustration . If he didn't play up to his usual expectations (the other poster said he didn't play well), he might have been as ticked at himself as much as he was with Kaigler. Ludden is known for its defense holding most opponents to under 50 points and that can be frustrating for teams and players that love to run and score.

Some Bryant clips mixed into this recap of the Hall of Fame National Invitational. Not a lot, but better than nothing (that's currently available for him online).

Kaigler of Ludden is black so I doubt very much that it had anything to do with racism. Kearney and Ludden play quite a bit so it just might have been competitiveness ,rivalry and frustration . If he didn't play up to his usual expectations (the other poster said he didn't play well), he might have been as ticked at himself as much as he was with Kaigler. Ludden is known for its defense holding most opponents to under 50 points and that can be frustrating for teams and players that love to run and score.
I played at Ludden. Pat Donnelly is one of the best coaches you will find. I have been on a fee of his teams where we were totally out classes but still won because of his ability to coach defense. He has frustrated several great players including Andrey Blatche, Mo Brown, and any other good big man. I wouldn't look too much into Bryant playing poorly here. Kaigler is a physical player and I'm sure he threw the house at him

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Long live Fayetteville Manlius

*fart noise*

Love it!

I just hope that Catholic education pays off for TB ... 'cuz with his talent/popularity, the Street's gunna come a callin. The slimshady AAU guys, the posse, the handlers, cal with some $ ...

Stay on the right track with your boy, the HAMMER, Thomas.

I just hope that Catholic education pays off for TB ... 'cuz with his talent/popularity, the Street's gunna come a callin. The slimshady AAU guys, the posse, the handlers, cal with some $ ...

Stay on the right track with your boy, the HAMMER, Thomas.
TB plays for the Team Scan AAU program. Same program that McCullough, Diallo, and several other targets play for. Red has a great relationship with the coaches over there, so I wouldn't worry about anything shady on the AAU front. As far as posse, handlers, Moneybags Cal, well that's another story that we'll just have to deal with if it occurs. I do like our chances with all of the strong links and connections that we have with him already.

TB plays for the Team Scan AAU program. Same program that McCullough, Diallo, and several other targets play for. Red has a great relationship with the coaches over there, so I wouldn't worry about anything shady on the AAU front. As far as posse, handlers, Moneybags Cal, well that's another story that we'll just have to deal with if it occurs. I do like our chances with all of the strong links and connections that we have with him already.

Thx Francis... What about Diallo?

Thx Francis... What about Diallo?
I don't feel too confident about that one. Lots of heavyweights to deal with like UK, LVille, Kansas, UNC, etc. Plus his HS coach, not the Team Scan guys are handling the recruitment. So I don't think Red holds as much weight in this one but Hop does know the HS coach.

I don't feel too confident about that one. Lots of heavyweights to deal with like UK, LVille, Kansas, UNC, etc. Plus his HS coach, not the Team Scan guys are handling the recruitment. So I don't think Red holds as much weight in this one but Hop does know the HS coach.

ugh, was afraid of that. Thanks Francis. Hopefully, we too are a heavyweight in the young mans mind!

I agree, the program is better off taking guys who are good teammates and aren't going to cause problems. My point was to say we should stop recruiting a 15 or 16 year old kid, who happens to be a top 15 player in the country for his class, because he didn't give a firm enough handshake to a kid he obviously had some sort of problem with, isn't a real strong strategy for success. Most guys who are that good are very very competitive. Much more competitive and intense than the average person who just thinks they're competitive because they don't like to lose. He's still pretty young and if the worst thing he does in the heat of the moment is not shake a kids hand, I'm ok with that. Like HouseofCuse said, we have no idea what went on, what was said, or what the issue was. I'm kinda embarassed this has even become an issue...

I think one of the most important things in our recruiting turnaround was that we seemed to not just get highly rated kids, but kids from winning HS programs. Not just the kid who did well at the AAU camps in the summer, but the ones that played on prep or state championship teams. We've seen lots of pairs and threes of kids who grew up playing together. They weren't always "package deals" in any official sense, but we've seen good players and brought in teammates all of whom are talented and know how to win together. It's like we have a built-in chemistry advantage when we do that. I think that that type of recruiting, as well as getting more high character, lower maintenance guys creates a good atmosphere. Mutual respect, trust, everyone contributes, everyone is good. Everyone's a winner.

I think one of the most important things in our recruiting turnaround was that we seemed to not just get highly rated kids, but kids from winning HS programs. Not just the kid who did well at the AAU camps in the summer, but the ones that played on prep or state championship teams. We've seen lots of pairs and threes of kids who grew up playing together. They weren't always "package deals" in any official sense, but we've seen good players and brought in teammates all of whom are talented and know how to win together. It's like we have a built-in chemistry advantage when we do that. I think that that type of recruiting, as well as getting more high character, lower maintenance guys creates a good atmosphere. Mutual respect, trust, everyone contributes, everyone is good. Everyone's a winner.
To add to this many of our recruits have really wanted to come here ( fans of the program so to speak). I have read countless quotes over the years of recruits loving our program growing up and that's why they came. This kind of stuff you can't buy eg: Cal or sweet talk eg: Crean.

To add to this many of our recruits have really wanted to come here ( fans of the program so to speak). I have read countless quotes over the years of recruits loving our program growing up and that's why they came. This kind of stuff you can't buy eg: Cal or strange love courting eg: Crean.
Fixed that for you my friend.

To add to this many of our recruits have really wanted to come here ( fans of the program so to speak). I have read countless quotes over the years of recruits loving our program growing up and that's why they came. This kind of stuff you can't buy eg: Cal or sweet talk eg: Crean.

I agree to an extent, but sometimes in recruiting when I hear the words "dream school", it seems like we never get those kids. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom