Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Interesting though that of all the prep/high schools in the northeast and in the country that he chooses one in West Virginia. Being at Kearney didn't hurt his teammate being recruited to SU nor did it hurt our local JD players staying at JD.
He stated in a recent interview that it had more to do with playing against more high-level comp than he was facing at BK. I do agree that it's kind of odd with the options that he had with all of the prep schools in the northeast that he ended up in Huntington of all places. I always thought DC2 would've been best going prep after a few years at JD. Simply for the fact that I think he would've been more prepared heading into college facing players his own size. Easy to dominate and bully 6'2 D3 kids in CNY than it would be against the Brewster's and Findlay Prep's of the world.

He stated in a recent interview that it had more to do with playing against more high-level comp than he was facing at BK. I do agree that it's kind of odd with the options that he had with all of the prep schools in the northeast that he ended up in Huntington of all places. I always thought DC2 would've been best going prep after a few years at JD. Simply for the fact that I think he would've been more prepared heading into college facing players his own size. Easy to dominate and bully 6'2 D3 kids in CNY than it would be against the Brewster's and Findlay Prep's of the world.

True - has Oak Hill lost favor with players/parents/coaches - that place used to be THE place to go.

True - has Oak Hill lost favor with players/parents/coaches - that place used to be THE place to go.
Oak Hill is still a top program that gets their fair share of talent every year. Difference is unlike how it was about 10 years ago, you now have so many other options for prep with the northeast schools in the NE area and other southern programs like Huntington and Montverde out in FL.

Huntington has seen a lot of D1 (and NBA) talent roll through their right? I think OJ Mayo, Bill Walker, Gorgi Dieng and now Wiggins have all attended, among others. Hopefully, Bryant can find his way back up to NY to play at SU.

It's not that much further away from Rochester than the preps in NH and Maine, I believe.

Which prep schools are routinely getting the top recruits to play for a year or two there? Huntington, Oak Hill, Findlay, Brewster, any others? Does Maine Central Institute still have some pull? What makes them so desirable anyways?

Huntington has seen a lot of D1 (and NBA) talent roll through their right? I think OJ Mayo, Bill Walker, Gorgi Dieng and now Wiggins have all attended, among others. Hopefully, Bryant can find his way back up to NY to play at SU.

It's not that much further away from Rochester than the preps in NH and Maine, I believe.

Which prep schools are routinely getting the top recruits to play for a year or two there? Huntington, Oak Hill, Findlay, Brewster, any others? Does Maine Central Institute still have some pull? What makes them so desirable anyways?

I think you're right about Huntington. Hargrave Military Academy? I always liked that DerMarr Johnson who went to MCI. He should've stayed another year at Cincinnati but he was talented.

I'm not sure if they are a prep school or not, but Montverde gets their fair share of talent every year. Last year they had Dakari Johnson and Kasey Hill on their roster, and this year they are highlighted by the #3 JR in Ben Simmons and #23 SR D'Angelo Russel who is committed to Ohio St.

Bryant dropping the hammer at US Development Camp:

IMG_9293.JPG

Bryant dropping the hammer at US Development Camp:

IMG_9293.JPG
Holy cow, is that kid long or what. I looked at the Derrick Jones photo and thought he looked tall, but Bryant is looooooong. I really hope he chooses SU. I know he has slipped a little in the rankings, but he is a highly skilled, hard working forward that would be a perfect fit for SU. You contrast that with Chris McCullough, who also seems to be dropping a bit in the rankings. CM appears to be one of the most talented kids in his class, but sometimes lacks motivation. I am really happy that we have CM coming in, and I think once he gets to practice with our boys, he will realize he has to bring it every game, and he will go on to a very successful, if not short, college career. And then, a lengthy and successful NBA career. We have CM, I really hope we get Bryant, two different personalities, two great talents, two more great forwards for SU.

Reggie Rankin/ESPN on Bryant's US Camp:

Best Above the Rim Finisher/Rebounder Combo
Thomas Bryant (Rochester, N.Y./Huntington Prep)
PF, 6-foot-8, 225 pounds
Offers: Ohio State, UCLA, Florida, West Virginia, Syracuse, St. John's among others.

Bryant is active and aggressive. He finished above the rim with power, rebounded on both ends in and out of his area and blocked a few shots. Love the way he competed against the other posts in camp. Great energy, urgency and motor on every possession.

USA Mini-Camp mix - not too much Bryant and Jones, but some.

Holy cow, is that kid long or what. I looked at the Derrick Jones photo and thought he looked tall, but Bryant is looooooong. I really hope he chooses SU. I know he has slipped a little in the rankings, but he is a highly skilled, hard working forward that would be a perfect fit for SU. You contrast that with Chris McCullough, who also seems to be dropping a bit in the rankings. CM appears to be one of the most talented kids in his class, but sometimes lacks motivation. I am really happy that we have CM coming in, and I think once he gets to practice with our boys, he will realize he has to bring it every game, and he will go on to a very successful, if not short, college career. And then, a lengthy and successful NBA career. We have CM, I really hope we get Bryant, two different personalities, two great talents, two more great forwards for SU.

He kind of reminds me Andre Blatche. Of course, we won't have to worry about him turning pro straight out of high school this time.

What coaches are at the USA Developmental camp? Since practices started I can't see any college coaches there but then I might be mistaken.

Josh Gershon ‏@JoshGershon4m
Thomas Bryant may be as entertaining to watch as anyone here. Plays with serious emotion. All over offensive glass, finishes & blocks shots.

That was the part of his game that was lacking at BK, if you ask me. He seemed to coast too much. Great to hear that he has stepped up his game now that he's playing top competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom