Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Zagoria tweeted that Bryant will be attending Huntington Prep next season

that can't be good for us, might not be bad but definitely not good

Not sure about this. Huntington Prep's colors are "carolina blue". But judging from its website, HP's former players don't seem to have any discernible tarheel trajectory. I don't see bryant wasting his time at WVU. So ... I' not sure this means much.

But I'd be interested to hear what Francis or Tee has to say about this development.

Not sure about this. Huntington Prep's colors are "carolina blue". But judging from its website, HP's former players don't seem to have any discernible tarheel trajectory. I don't see bryant wasting his time at WVU. So ... I' not sure this means much.

But I'd be interested to hear what Francis or Tee has to say about this development.
It's hurts us somewhat imo because our biggest advantage was having him close to home and now that's not the case. I'm sure the staff would've preferred him to end up at Brewster or another prep up north. Huntington doesn't have a pipeline to certain schools, so I wouldn't worry about him being forced to go somewhere specifically. It does give schools like UNC, UK, and others that he likes to visit and recruit him more now. I can't imagine JB being too excited about flying out to WV for visits and open gyms.

How did he end up out there? Did he not consider the northeast prep schools?

It's hurts us somewhat imo because our biggest advantage was having him close to home and now that's not the case. I'm sure the staff would've preferred him to end up at Brewster or another prep up north. Huntington doesn't have a pipeline to certain schools, so I wouldn't worry about him being forced to go somewhere specifically. It does give schools like UNC, UK, and others that he likes to visit and recruit him more now. I can't imagine JB being too excited about flying out to WV for visits and open gyms.
With Francis on this one.
Definitely a hurts donut. :eek:
Still, maybe he'll get homesick. Hopefully there are a lot of bullies at that school.
Really big bullies. :)

Bryant's transferring to a school in WVU, according to a Post-Standard story I'm too lazy to link. Hope that distance doesn't hurt us...

Bryant's transferring to a school in WVU, according to a Post-Standard story I'm too lazy to link. Hope that distance doesn't hurt us...
We've never received a commitment from someone who's gone to huntington prep. Its not awesome.

This is the first time that a serious target has went to Huntington. So we'll see what happens.
You mean wiggins was a pipe dream? We were so close...

You mean wiggins was a pipe dream? We were so close...
I know right.:(

Hopefully Huntington doesn't have Bryant taking bogus online classes that got Rathan-Mayes ineligible. Interesting how Wiggins and Rathan-Mayes both basically went the same school route and somehow Wiggins is cleared but not Rathan-Mayes hmmmmm.

Hopefully Huntington doesn't have Bryant taking bogus online classes that got Rathan-Mayes ineligible. Interesting how Wiggins and Rathan-Mayes both basically went the same school route and somehow Wiggins is cleared but not Rathan-Mayes hmmmmm.

Mayes had classes disallowed from Christian Academy in North Carolina earlier in his HS career - Huntington Prep is legit I believe

Mayes had classes disallowed from Christian Academy in North Carolina earlier in his HS career - Huntington Prep is legit I believe
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...er-rathan-mayes-ruled-academically-ineligible
"Rathan-Mayes attended Huntington Prep, along with fellow Canadian and Kansas signee Andrew Wiggins, last season. Sources told ESPN.com that there were issues with online classes Rathan-Mayes took while at the school. There were also concerns from the NCAA stemming from Rathan-Mayes' time at Christian Faith Center in North Carolina."

Wiggins attended Christian Faith as well but left halfway through and returned back to Canada before finishing up at Huntington.

Maybe b/c Wiggins had the good sense to escape CFC and run back up to Canada for some real classes. At any rate, FWIW, my guess is that TB attends the elite camp. He's had a long H of interest.

"Bryant Enjoys Syracuse Elite Camp" latest $cout article on this target

His top 3 right now is Nova, WVU, US (university of Syracuse). I like our chances.

Interesting though that of all the prep/high schools in the northeast and in the country that he chooses one in West Virginia. Being at Kearney didn't hurt his teammate being recruited to SU nor did it hurt our local JD players staying at JD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom