Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Have to think McCullough comes back now...
I agree. And what does that mean for Bryant. Even IF there is a scholly available there is not a ton of min floating around in the front court. Would he be willing to back up/spell Coleman for two years at Center? With CM likely comming back now there will be even less min open at the 4 to find some additional time.

I kind of think Coleman gets a scholly thats non-basketball and thats the open scholly for Bryant. He's never going to be an effective player on those knees.

Not happening. Both are friends and were teammates at Bishop Kearney.

Thought about this as well. We may be too full at the inn. Can't ask a kid to leave, that's not fair.

jr4750 said:
Thought about this as well. We may be too full at the inn. Can't ask a kid to leave, that's not fair.

If it needs to happen, it will happen. I know a guy who knows a guy...kind of thing.

SU would set up said player at another school with a scholie.

I think it'll come down to either BJ or Buss(maybe both) getting that end season talk. Not to take a hike, but a realistic look at who is returning and coming in. Whether they want to stay and play a minor role to finish out at SU, or find a bigger role elsewhere for self satisfaction.

Francis03 said:
I think it'll come down to either BJ or Buss(maybe both) getting that end season talk. Not to take a hike, but a realistic look at who is returning and coming in. Whether they want to stay and play a minor role to finish out at SU, or find a bigger role elsewhere for self satisfaction.

Someone like LaSalle or St. Joe's would be a good landing spot for BJ.

Chip Miller @BLUEChip_Miller · 1h1 hour ago
Best game so far of the event. Back and forth with great plays. Thomas Bryant at the rim for the and-one, then flexes in front of Calipari.

This dude isn't wearing Orange.
He probably never will wear orange its way too are for us to get that final piece to the NC puzzle. He is the piece that just about guarantees a spot in that big game.Its been a very long time since we have had a big time center to anchor the low post. IF we had RAK next year he could be that player but we obviously will not and OKoboh isn't that player either unless he has a performance epiphany. Thats not likely. If DC2 and Moustapha can dominate low maybe its a rare
I kind of think Coleman gets a scholly thats non-basketball and thats the open scholly for Bryant. He's never The knee isue is serious for damn sure.

What I don't know is if replacement is feasible for an athlete? For the average person it works very well but basketball players who are large presents an entirely different set of problems.

Chip Miller @BLUEChip_Miller · 1h1 hour ago
Best game so far of the event. Back and forth with great plays. Thomas Bryant at the rim for the and-one, then flexes in front of Calipari.

This dude isn't wearing Orange.
Calipari will win this battle for sure He is basketball's Schiano! Promises ofWealth and fame. Most kids swallow this junk eagerly and Bryan will be no different . What ever JIMBO was thinking when he alluded to Bryant coming here is gone the way of VHSand the dial phone and road maps and other. Bryant hasn't officially put himself in the hands of Calipari yet so there is a minuscule hope left for Orange fans

Calipari will win this battle for sure

Bryant hasn't officially put himself in the hands of Calipari yet so there is a minuscule hope left for Orange fans

200.gif

Its been a very long time since we have had a big time center to anchor the low post.
yeah, these young kids don't know what it was like way back in the olden days when Arinze Onuaku was setting NCAA records for FG percentage and Rick Jackson & Fab Melo were winning back to back DPOY awards

Hey, Francis, happy new year to you. Interesting situation we have here, with 13 schollies loaded up and TB looking to come in next year. In some ways, a great problem to have, unless you're down on the totem poll. Anyway, let me throw this line of thinking out there:

1- I don't see Obokoh going anywhere due to his ties to TB and the need for depth behind Bryant/DC2. Two quality Centers and a third under development is certainly not a log jam at the ACC level (Len Hamilton did this last night shuttling two 7 footers). TB could come in and immediately make an impact for us. He has great size at 6'10, an excellent BB IQ and (unlike DC2) can play above the rim. My hope is that he comes in equal to DC2 on offense if not better and this would enable JB to start him or give him starters minutes at C depending on how DC2 recovers from a season rehabbing;
2- The other bigs who have signed LOI's don't change this formula b/c they are not center prospects: for example, Lydon looks like a stretch 4 and a 3-4 year kid. Diagne has PF size and length, and could backup CM, allowing TR to slide over to SF if his outside shot arrives;
3- That leaves Howard and Richardson. Malachi can shoot it but he'd be behind TC at SG, TR and MG at SF. I'm not sure where the staff sees Howard contributing at 6'6" ... but I'm hoping with his handle and knack for passing, he could back up the point along with some guidance from MG.

C - Bryant/DC2 .. Chino backup;
PF - CM (?), MD and TL;
SF- TR with MG and BJ;
SG - TC with MR (MG available) and RP;
PG - KJ (with MG available) and FH backing up.

This is 14, with the variables being the return of CM and Pay Pal and his money handlers swooping in for TB. Short of that, something has to give. RP?

What am I missing and where have I gone horribly wrong here? ;)

Last edited:
Hey, Francis, happy new year to you. Interesting situation we have here, with 13 schollies loaded up and TB looking to come in next year. In some ways, a great problem to have, unless you're down on the totem poll. Anyway, let me throw this line of thinking out there:

1- I don't see Obokoh going anywhere due to his ties to TB and the need for depth behind Bryant/DC2. Two quality Centers and a third under development is certainly not a log jam at the ACC level (Len Hamilton did this last night shuttling two 7 footers). TB could come in and immediately make an impact for us. He has great size at 6'10, an excellent BB IQ and (unlike DC2) can play above the rim. My hope is that he comes in equal to DC2 on offense if not better and this would enable JB to start him or give him starters minutes at C depending on how DC2 recovers from a season rehabbing;
2- The other bigs who have signed LOI's don't change this formula b/c they are not center prospects: for example, Lydon looks like a stretch 4 and a 3-4 year kid. Diagne has PF size and length, and could backup CM, allowing TR to slide over to SF if his outside shot arrives;
3- That leaves Howard and Richardson. Malachi can shoot it but he'd be behind TC at SG, TR and MG at SF. I'm not sure where the staff sees Howard contributing at 6'6" ... but I'm hoping with his handle and knack for passing, he could back up the point along with some guidance from MG.

PF - CM (?), MD and TL;
SF- TR with MG and BJ;

This is 14, with the variables being the return of CM and Pay Pal and his money handlers swooping in for TB. Short of that, something has to give. RP?

Good post. Judging from that lineup two things jump out. We'll end up with TB and either Buss or BJ will be gone, or both will be back but no TB. Dunno how it'll work out any other way. Chino getting the boot isn't an option imo. People forget that he came to SU for more than B-Ball reasons.

Do we know for a fact that all our other recruits will qualify?
PVI and New Hampton are good academic schools and I've never heard of any recruit not qualifying for college from there. So I'm not too concerned about Frank and Tyler. Diagne coming over from Africa, I could see the NCAA taking it's time running through his academics like Chino. Malachi switching schools from Trenton/RC could also be another situation where the NCAA fishes through. Still at the end of the day, I think all four will qualify and be ok.

Calipari will win this battle for sure He is basketball's Schiano! Promises ofWealth and fame. Most kids swallow this junk eagerly and Bryan will be no different . What ever JIMBO was thinking when he alluded to Bryant coming here is gone the way of VHSand the dial phone and road maps and other. Bryant hasn't officially put himself in the hands of Calipari yet so there is a minuscule hope left for Orange fans
I can only imagine what Mama Bryant would say in response to this lol.

I can only imagine what Mama Bryant would say in response to this lol.
Momma is already counting the NBA $. I want this kid in orange colored uniform as much as anyone and I believe that he is the key to a second NC and Jimmy's farewell the golf course.

Good post. Judging from that lineup two things jump out. We'll end up with TB and either Buss or BJ will be gone, or both will be back but no TB. Dunno how it'll work out any other way. Chino getting the boot isn't an option imo. People forget that he came to SU for more than B-Ball reasons.
Good point about Chino. Also, knowing more about Howard's game than I do, do you think the staff sees him as potentially backing up the point and/or contributing to the guard rotation? Sure be nice to have some length at the top of the zone again, like 2 years ago.

Good point about Chino. Also, knowing more about Howard's game than I do, do you think the staff sees him as potentially backing up the point and/or contributing to the guard rotation? Sure be nice to have some length at the top of the zone again, like 2 years ago.
He was recruited as a PG, so sure he'll be looked at to provide some additional ball handling at the guard position. Looking at how things may play out, I think he might get squeezed for PT next season. KJ seems to be heading into the right direction and JB will have the luxury of having two 5th year seniors handling the rock as well next season. Plus beyond those three I could see Mali and Buss(if still around) being ahead of him on the depth chart at SG. So we might not get to see much of Howard until his Sophomore year. He's going to be a good one but patience will be needed at first.

Momma is already counting the NBA $. I want this kid in orange colored uniform as much as anyone and I believe that he is the key to a second NC and Jimmy's farewell the golf course.
You do know it's been well documented that Moms a big SU fan right? Granny too. Probably uncle's and auntie's as well while we're at it.

PF - CM (?), MD and TL;
SF- TR with MG and BJ;

I can't see a scenario where MG doesn't start next season. IMO he will be the best player on the team and a possible all ACC player.

There is some completely unfounded / speculative nonsense being thrown around, without much common sense being put forth on this.

We're in great shape for Bryant, despite the chicken little hand wringing.

And Bryant isn't the only one for SU fans to be excited about.

Dmcnabbrules said:
I can't see a scenario where MG doesn't start next season. IMO he will be the best player on the team and a possible all ACC player.

Agreed, if the personnel listed is what we have I think G starts over Roberson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom