Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

i hope so. but, regardless what people admit now, that was the thought with Noel also. And others...

This is more like the DC2 recruitment than Noel. If you followed we were told all along that the Noel recruitment was going to be a circus but that we had a decent chance. DC2 we were told for the longest time was going to come to SU but wanted to play out his recruitment which is much more like what we have heard with Bryant.

Edit: Come to think of it who have we stayed with and recruited hard right to the end other than Noel and lost to UK. We were on Davis very early but basically backed out when things got fruity. Johnson reclassified I think which pretty much counted us out. James Young we were more or less taking a flyer on. DC2 we got. I can't think of any others off the top of my head right now.

Just dont be surprised when he choose UK on signing day.

Side note: Noel i knew personally. Lived in Everett MA at the time (his home town) and he lived four houses down from me. Kid was very nice and very respectful. Well liked in the community. It was pretty well known in his circles that SU was his top choice. HE was going to come here. The UK decision i truly believe was one he made in the last day or two. Not sure what led to the flop, but it stung.

Side note: Noel i knew personally. Lived in Everett MA at the time (his home town) and he lived four houses down from me. Kid was very nice and very respectful. Well liked in the community. It was pretty well known in his circles that SU was his top choice. HE was going to come here. The UK decision i truly believe was one he made in the last day or two. Not sure what led to the flop, but it stung.

I remember one board guru here saying he was coming to SU like a 100% a day or two before and then it was UK so that seems an accurate take. Again though we were warned that although we were in the lead that there would be shenanigans and there were.

This is more liannounced early DC2 recruitment than Noel. If you followed we were told all along that the Noel recruitment was going to be a circus but that we had a decent chance. DC2 we were told for the longest time was going to come to SU but wanted to play out his recruitment which is much more like what we have heard with Bryant.

Edit: Come to think of it who have we stayed with and recruited hard right to the end other than Noel and lost to UK. We were on Davis very early but basically backed out when things got fruity. Johnson reclassified I think which pretty much counted us out. James Young we were more or less taking a flyer on. DC2 we got. I can't think of any others off the top of my head right now.
Good points. Only thing different w/ DC2 would be that he announced right at the beginning of his sr season. That was a no brainer really, that he was coming, Bryants. ...ehh, getting a little strange

yeah, its easy to over react to a comment but Bryant saying "thats her opinion" in regards to where Bryant should play (at SU)... odd.

Good points. Only thing different w/ DC2 would be that he announced right at the beginning of his sr season. That was a no brainer really, that he was coming, Bryants. ...ehh, getting a little strange

True but we also had an open spot and were not acing NCAA sanctions. Both of these are pushing off the Bryant commit IMO and he needs to keep his options open which is smart.

Pessimism for the sake of pessimism, to avoid hurt feelings if he chooses another school.

I'll be quite surprised if he chooses another school. I'm more worried about our scholarship situation, to ensure that we can fit him in.

Pessimism for the sake of pessimism, to avoid hurt feelings if he chooses another school.

I'll be quite surprised if he chooses another school. I'm more worried about our scholarship situation, to ensure that we can fit him in.

I would also be surprised at this point, but I am not at all worried about the scholarship situation. Either Chris will enter the draft or someone will decide to move on (possibly more than 1 someone). Transfers due to lack of playing time or projected playing time often work out very well for both the player and the school. Although I'd be sad to see some of the guys we have been pulling for to leave in the end you have to be pragmatic about the situation and realistic just as the players do when considering what they want to do next year.

Noel committed to us. He just changed his mind the last week or days before announcing for UK.
Do you know if Noel contacted our coaches prior to the day he announced for UK?

No i dont. I know he was all in and committed to us though, but so did anthony davis and briscoe.

Anthony Davis was committed to us? WOW! Knew we recruited him very hard for a little while but then stopped, did not know he verballed to the staff. Briscoe is not surprising at all.

I don't ever recall a verbal commitment from Noel. From reading back those threads he liked us and we had a really good shot but committed is pushing it. Silent commitments aren't really commitments especially with UK in the mix.

Eh. There was a point in time where Noel was thought to be a very strong lean to us, we thought we had him. But more than a couple of weeks prior to his announcement, the lines of communication between he and our staff went suddenly dead...which is always the kiss of death. Happened with D Sims, Tobias Harris...etc. Word started to leak out that it was Gtown...which it was until about 3 hours before his announcement. Read into that what you will. But he was never a "silent commit to us".

Bryant is 50/50. Strange recruitment. If it were a slam dunk, he'd already have announced. There's a reason that different schools keep popping up...IU, Kentucky, Kansas is snooping around. If he were a lock, those schools wouldn't waste time and resources.

We were "this" close to getting Davis before he blew up on the circuit. Then Cal made that kid his #1 priority...UK doesn't lose those kinds of battles.

Well, I'd still say the biggest reason he's not a lock to us is that there's currently no room at the inn, and at this point at least, no guarantee that there will be.

Jake said:
Eh. There was a point in time where Noel was thought to be a very strong lean to us, we thought we had him. But more than a couple of weeks prior to his announcement, the lines of communication between he and our staff went suddenly dead...which is always the kiss of death. Happened with D Sims, Tobias Harris...etc. Word started to leak out that it was Gtown...which it was until about 3 hours before his announcement. Read into that what you will. But he was never a "silent commit to us".

You are wrong. He def was a silent verbal at one time , but since its not binding we cant hold him to that.

I heard a rumor all the way up until the weekend of the tourney games in Boston he was ours. And that was from a "great" source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom