Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

When is the "commitment" deadline?

Basically, when's the last possible day to find out where he goes

http://zagsblog.com/recruiting/kentucky-arizona-uconn-st-johns-temple-in-mix-for-greek-7-footer/

UK apparently in the mix for 7'1 Georgios Papagiannis ('15 class...with a club team in Greece, has option to come back this summer). Offer ALL of the bigs and get four of them strategy in full effect.
Last summer when Papagiannis was in the states, I was told that he barely had any interest in college so it was no surprise to see him leave and play pro ball overseas. Playing time can be rough for young players over there, so now I guess his camp wants to keep options open over here where he can impress pro scouts in the states and be on the fast track to the NBA.

Last summer when Papagiannis was in the states, I was told that he barely had any interest in college so it was no surprise to see him leave and play pro ball overseas. Playing time can be rough for young players over there, so now I guess his camp wants to keep options open over here where he can impress pro scouts in the states and be on the fast track to the NBA.
If he wanted to do that, why did he come to the US for a year? Seems he would be eligible for the 2015 draft if he hadn't done that. Meh ... good for UK.

How come you can play on a club team and get paid and still play NCAA in the States but American kids can't play rec league games without getting penalized?

I think my sarcasm meter is broken again. Damn 9 bolt batteries, they always ruin me!
I believe the saying "Absolute power corrupts absolutely fits the NCAA. Perhaps they look at Syracuse so much is that they find a lot of problems when they do look.We all know or should know that the school has messed around with academic and athletes for multiple decades.

I'm pretty sure you can't get paid to play basketball anywhere and still be eligible to play in the NCAA. Kentucky lost Enes Kanter a few years ago for that exact reason. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6000134
Sorry but it happens at Kentucky. It's called boosters, how do you think PayPal Cal gets all the talent every year since he's been there.

I'm pretty sure you can't get paid to play basketball anywhere and still be eligible to play in the NCAA. Kentucky lost Enes Kanter a few years ago for that exact reason. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6000134
Papagiannis contract claims he can still be college eligible as long as he doesn't accept any payments. That was suppose to be the same deal with Kanter and we saw how that turned out.

Deano said:
Sorry but it happens at Kentucky. It's called boosters, how do you think PayPal Cal gets all the talent every year since he's been there.

He gets them there because almost every single one of his scholarshiped players make it to the NBA or some sort of pro ball.

If I'm a high school kid and my goal is the NBA and I'm a big time recruit, I would go to Kentucky in a heartbeat. Signing that LOI is essentially signing a pro deal.

two3zone said:
He gets them there because almost every single one of his scholarshiped players make it to the NBA or some sort of pro ball.

If I'm a high school kid and my goal is the NBA and I'm a big time recruit, I would go to Kentucky in a heartbeat. Signing that LOI is essentially signing a pro deal.

Those same players would be first rounders if they could have gone straight to the league. And the Harrison twins and Poythress have to spend more than one year in college. One and done U did not "get them to the league" after one year.

orangefog said:
Those same players would be first rounders if they could have gone straight to the league. And the Harrison twins and Poythress have to spend more than one year in college. One and done U did not "get them to the league" after one year.

One year, two years? Does it matter?

One year, two years? Does it matter?
When you are selling the "one and done" machine to kids, and their stock drops while at the One and Done Factory, it should ruin the illusion, but then they spin it with the stupid platoon BS. People are blind.

I think with Kentucky it comes down to WWW setting them up with shoe deals as soon as they get to the pros. As another poster stated above these kids would make it to the league no matter who they went to, Cal has nothing to do with it.

You are dead to me.

Antiprodigy said:
You are dead to me.

Listen, I don't like it any better than you do but I'm not blind to the fact of how successful Cal is in what he does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom