Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

UK plays with their own deck of cards. And then flips the cards over and picks the aces out in front of you.
Word. That's just one too many aces ;)
five-aces

If I was him and with all of the uncertainty surrounding SU from scholarship numbers to possible NCAA sanctions, I would be keeping options open and playing the field as well. I wouldn't expect anybody committing to us until we get our in order.

If I was him and with all of the uncertainty surrounding SU from scholarship numbers to possible NCAA sanctions, I would be keeping options open and playing the field as well. I wouldn't expect anybody committing to us until we get our in order.
On the other hand, the fact that he's still being recruited by the Orange means that they have reason to believe whatever is coming from the NCAA won't affect their ability to land TB.

Thomas the train has always wanted those visits. Unlike UNC, Kentucky has money and that's why they will go after him. Unc said the hell with it he going to cuse.

Eh. There was a point in time where Noel was thought to be a very strong lean to us, we thought we had him. But more than a couple of weeks prior to his announcement, the lines of communication between he and our staff went suddenly dead...which is always the kiss of death. Happened with D Sims, Tobias Harris...etc. Word started to leak out that it was Gtown...which it was until about 3 hours before his announcement. Read into that what you will. But he was never a "silent commit to us".

Bryant is 50/50. Strange recruitment. If it were a slam dunk, he'd already have announced. There's a reason that different schools keep popping up...IU, Kentucky, Kansas is snooping around. If he were a lock, those schools wouldn't waste time and resources.

We were "this" close to getting Davis before he blew up on the circuit. Then Cal made that kid his #1 priority...UK doesn't lose those kinds of battles.
The reason we're still in this is that he isn't UK's current top priority. That may change, depending on how things shake out with their other options at the 5.

The reason we're still in this is that he isn't UK's current top priority. That may change, depending on how things shake out with their other options at the 5.
UK currently feels they're in good shape with Caleb Swanigan, Stephen Zimmerman, and once he reclassifies Thon Maker. Maybe at the moment now they even feel that way with TB. Obviously UK isn't going to land all of those players, but with Labissiere already committed and possibly a few players returning such as Marcus Lee and Trey Lyles. I can't see TB finding that situation too attractive for playing time if lets say a Zimmerman or Maker commits first.

"He needs to go to a place where he can work and develop his game, not worrying about which platoon he's going to be on" Mama Bryant. I gotta say Rak picked a hell of a year to go #beastmode, because TB said one of his criteria's in picking a school was to see how they utilize their bigs. If he's not impressed with what Rak has done this year then I don't know what will.

Also I know he's old and all, but it would be nice if JB went to a few of TB's games as well. We know Hop holds it down on the SU road rep but it's always a good look when the head coach is getting his "flexing" on in the audience to show a recruit some love. I know I rather see TB mean mugging to JB instead of Cal all the time.

Lots of very interesting stuff in these last two pages! Thanks guys.

I'm dying for the NCAA stuff to be announced so we can move on and tell Bryant that we are post season eligible next year and will have a spot for him.

And what about Dakari Johnson? That was a strange little trip to NJ to visit uncle www. Decides to announce right after that game in NJ.

I remember his recruitment and thinking he was going to come to SU, but then he decided to reclassify to a year earlier, and by doing that, at that time, SU was looking at having Rakeem (frosh), Baye (soph), and Fab (soph) all returning, and no top HS center would ever commit to a school with that list. He committed to UK, and then Fab makes a mess of things. Oh well.

I hope Bryant goes to SU, but I can't say I'd look favorably at "pushing someone out" to get him. I don't think that sets a good precedent for the future.

Kev

but I can't say I'd look favorably at "pushing someone out" to get him
I'm not sure they have to push someone out. A) transfers happen all the time and B) Syracuse doesn't have a great option at the 5 next year. By the time next October rolls around, Coleman won't have played a meaningful game in close to two years and, even then, he wasn't a great option at C. SU has to look at any minutes from Coleman going forward as a bonus. Plus, there's no guarantee that McCullough comes back.

If there is room for anything at Syracuse, it'll be for another big.

I'm not sure they have to push someone out. A) transfers happen all the time and B) Syracuse doesn't have a great option at the 5 next year. By the time next October rolls around, Coleman won't have played a meaningful game in close to two years and, even then, he wasn't a great option at C. SU has to look at any minutes from Coleman going forward as a bonus. Plus, there's no guarantee that McCullough comes back.

If there is room for anything at Syracuse, it'll be for another big.

Transfer would be from the guard and wing positions IMO. We have Kaleb, Mike, Trevor, Buss, BJ now with Howard and Richardson coming in. 7 guys for 3 positions and all 3 with returning starters.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/thomas-bryant-has-no-visits-set-monitoring-kentuckys-big-men/

Bryant says he will keep an eye on who leaves Kentucky, leaving open roster spots.

“Oh yeah, of course,” Bryant said. “You don’t want to go to a place where they will recruit a ton of guys in your spot, and you’d be that benchwarmer that plays for two or three minutes a game and then comes out. That’s what I’m looking for with Kentucky. I’m looking to see if those big men go into the draft.”

Yea?

I have no idea if this is good for us on the Bryant front or not.

The kid is 6'9 and 265 and only 16. Reports are he MAY join UK in January 2016. This is good for us if they don't have as many rooms open at the inn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom