Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

longtimefan said:
And there is a proposal pending to move the declaration date back, allowing college players to work out for NBA scouts and receive feedback as to their prospects in the upcoming draft.
Thats how it should be. Makes no sense why it isnt that way. Its like they are all for some kids making bad decisions and essentially messing up their lives.

I'm dying to know what the NCAA would find at Kentucky if they spent a decade investigating them, like they did us. F***ing dying.

Thats how it should be. Makes no sense why it isnt that way. Its like they are all for some kids making bad decisions and essentially messing up their lives.

And agree with this. It's like the NCAA has been going out of its way to screw over kids who don't know any better, and by the time they figure out they're not good enough to get drafted, it's too late. Pushing the date back actually makes it seem like the NCAA cares at least a LITTLE about the welfare of the student-athlete.

I'm dying to know what the NCAA would find at Kentucky if they spent a decade investigating them, like they did us. F***ing dying.

And agree with this. It's like the NCAA has been going out of its way to screw over kids who don't know any better, and by the time they figure out they're not good enough to get drafted, it's too late. Pushing the date back actually makes it seem like the NCAA cares at least a LITTLE about the welfare of the student-athlete.

I assume its because the coaches want more clarity for their roster?
So in other words, they dont care about the student athletes

A lot of these kids ARE being told by their college coach and NBA personnel people they won't get drafted and to stay but they choose to listen to their entourages and hangers on who mislead them. But anything the NCAA can do to minimize the bad decisions would be a good thing.

A lot of these kids ARE being told by their college coach and NBA personnel people they won't get drafted and to stay but they choose to listen to their entourages and hangers on who mislead them. But anything the NCAA can do to minimize the bad decisions would be a good thing.

The best thing they could do for them is not take away their eligibility simply for going through the draft process. Give them an option where they can enter the draft, not sign with an agent and not accept any money and then come back if they don't sign.

Agree with pushing back the date but thinking ahead it really puts the school in a bind. The later the final decision is made the more difficult it becomes to fill any unexpected holes. It's one thing if you are dealing with 1 out of 13 on a roster - can always leave that spot open, but imagine if we get into a situation where it's 2 out of 10! In the days of one-and-done maybe it's time to rethink the 13 scholarship limit.

You're right. I thought that was four years ago, but that came in between their 2012 title and then 2014 appearance. Really hoping WVU takes them down this weekend! :)

I rooted for whoever played against kentucky in 1996 NCAA tournament n' it was the first time I've ever watched Syracuse game. I enrolled SU as a grad student in 2003. It's no coincidence, it's fate to BLEED ORANGE.

The sooner he is out of college ball the better. He has mastered gaming the system at this point and honestly I think UK is much cleaner than they were the first few years he was there. No drug policy, no selfreporting = no issues.

Be nice if PayPalCal gets caught this time or does his Houdini act first.

The NYTimes almost did a story about Cal and the recruitment of Anthony Davis. The story was pulled when the sports editor felt there was not enough substance to back their story. Would have been an interesting read :)

The NYTimes almost did a story about Cal and the recruitment of Anthony Davis. The story was pulled when the sports editor felt there was not enough substance to back their story. Would have been an interesting read :)
Thamel may have been the reporter on that job. He's not at the Times any longer. Wonder what became of his research?

Thamel may have been the reporter on that job. He's not at the Times any longer. Wonder what became of his research?
I'm pretty positive you're right. I remember perusing some Kentucky boards, and they always seethe when talking about Pete Thamel. I'm 99% sure it's related to this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom