Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

No instant pros on that squad to expect anybody to be NBA bound. So I guess Crean plans to one up JB on the lets have "the talk" and plans to run out a bunch of dudes.
Kills me that IU is using Yogi as a chip; saying he will stay if they get a legit big. Yogi should stay because he's a borderline draft pick and it's laughable to think the road to the promise land goes through Yogi Ferrell and a freshman center.

Kills me that IU is using Yogi as a chip; saying he will stay if they get a legit big. Yogi should stay because he's a borderline draft pick and it's laughable to think the road to the promise land goes through Yogi Ferrell and a freshman center.
The fact that Yogi going pro is even a consideration makes me confuse if I should either laugh or feel concern for his well being lol.

Yogi Ferrell? I thought he quit after the embarrassment he suffered in our 2013 sweet sixteen matchup. Our guards ate him for breakfast that game. Now the notion of him going pro makes me giggle :crazy:

Sam n Frodo looked worse than Oklahoma's guards did in our 03 run.

It was honestly the worst performance of guard play I have ever seen in my life. For that team to have been considered the best in the country at that time just blows my mind. Ferrell is not an NBA player, he will play overseas I believe.

It was honestly the worst performance of guard play I have ever seen in my life. For that team to have been considered the best in the country at that time just blows my mind. Ferrell is not an NBA player, he will play overseas I believe.

He's gotten a lot better since then for sure but he's still a midget by NBA standards and lack elite athleticism to cover for it. Hull's n Ferrell were soooo bad Crean couldn't play them together without getting yoked on both ends. Michael n Brandon looked like forwards playing against them. That whole team was shockingly bad other than Olidepo. I knew we were going to beat them but I didn't realize that we were going to beat them so bad that it invalidated their entire season.

He's gotten a lot better since then for sure but he's still a midget by NBA standards and lack elite athleticism to cover for it. Hull's n Ferrell were soooo bad Crean couldn't play them together without getting yoked on both ends. Michael n Brandon looked like forwards playing against them. That whole team was shockingly bad other than Olidepo. I knew we were going to beat them but I didn't realize that we were going to beat them so bad that it invalidated their entire season.

I just remember going on an IU fan board after that game and laughing my arse off. Every IU fan was calling their own players D2 guys, and I could have sworn Crean was the devil. It's amazing that team ran the big 10 that year.

I just remember going on an IU fan board after that game and laughing my arse off. Every IU fan was calling their own players D2 guys, and I could have sworn Crean was the devil. It's amazing that team ran the big 10 that year.
I thought what was funny is IU came to the Dome the following year for a regular sesason game and still couldn't figure out the zone, lol. The only one who was any factor was Noah V.

If the stories about his academic background are correct, how could he qualify to play at any college?

I remember thinking about a minute and a half into that game there is zero way we're losing to this team. Then I just relaxed, ate popcorn and enjoyed the show.

Indiana working through their scholarship issues.

@EvanDaniels: Stanford Robinson is transferring out of Indiana, his high school coach confirms to Scout. @JonRothstein first reported the news.

Going into that game there was a ton of talk about Cody Zeller being the number one pick in the draft, and he could hardly even get a shot off in the middle of the zone that day. Baye Keita completely shut him down. I remember everyone saying anything after we beat Cal in the round of 32 would be gravy. If we played Indiana 10 times that year I think we beat them 10 times.

Going into that game there was a ton of talk about Cody Zeller being the number one pick in the draft, and he could hardly even get a shot off in the middle of the zone that day. Baye Keita completely shut him down. I remember everyone saying anything after we beat Cal in the round of 32 would be gravy. If we played Indiana 10 times that year I think we beat them 10 times.

I can't blame the players 100%, some was simply personal they were going to struggle with such short guards against us on both ends. The other huge factor was that Crean had a week to really mess them up on what to do against our zone which worked wonders for SU. He never could figure it out at Marquette but at least there he had a couple good players who ignored him and made things happen. Olidepo did the same against us and that was the only thing that was even remotely successful. Those kids would have been better off with no Crean zone prep.

warm-up-pants.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom