Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/syracusebball">@syracusebball</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Jamesvillecuse">@Jamesvillecuse</a> SU stopped recruiting a kid they&#39;ve been on since 8th gr? Why would Hop favorite this? <a href="http://t.co/ErbbdWJLI4">pic.twitter.com/ErbbdWJLI4</a></p>&mdash; Devin (@007_devin) <a href="">March 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reading that article gives us a glimpse of how close he is with his family. I can see why mom and his family want him at SU so they can watch him play. SU is the only school that he knows who is coach will be. Crean and Calipari are rumored to be either fired or moving to the NBA. Either JB or Hop will be at SU.

Thomas Bryant will be taking his talents overseas to China

All joking aside, hope he is Orange but I'm skeptical

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/syracusebball">@syracusebball</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Jamesvillecuse">@Jamesvillecuse</a> SU stopped recruiting a kid they&#39;ve been on since 8th gr? Why would Hop favorite this? <a href="http://t.co/ErbbdWJLI4">pic.twitter.com/ErbbdWJLI4</a></p>&mdash; Devin (@007_devin) <a href="">March 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe Hop favorited it because he knows the real deal. I doubt he'd favorite it if SU has NOT been showing TB some love.

Last edited:
I was just thinking, if we land Bryant that would give us two McDonald's All-Americans. One as a tall guard and the other as a center. It just reminded me of what happened the last time we had this happen.

rakeem_christmas_2011_03_30.jpg

His old Huntington Prep coach that's an assistant there now is the main connection in that one. They've always felt the longer this goes, the better for them. Still I can't imagine him turning down SU, IU, and UK for Mizzou. I thought the same when I heard the Tobias Harris to Tennessee rumors. So what the hell do I know.:noidea:

I learned a long time ago not to apply my own logic to actions made by teenagers.

Cuse House said:
I was just thinking, if we land Bryant that would give us two McDonald's All-Americans. One as a tall guard and the other as a center. It just reminded me of what happened the last time we had this happen.

And a class of Moyer and Battle would possibly be two of those classes in a row.

Hoping Bryant signs with SU. Every day I wait for the bleacher report message to come up on my phone saying..."Syracuse lands 4 star center Thomas Bryant." Bryant has been my biggest concern and I really think we are going to need him split time with Coleman. Diagne looks great and I think if we don't get Bryant we'll be okay but I really really like Bryant and I never thought his recruitment would go on this long. I would hate to see him waste his time in Indiana...We will see what happens but I'm extremely exicted to watch next years team and I think the next two to three years will have some great teams.

Hoping Bryant signs with SU. Every day I wait for the bleacher report message to come up on my phone saying..."Syracuse lands 4 star center Thomas Bryant." Bryant has been my biggest concern and I really think we are going to need him split time with Coleman. Diagne looks great and I think if we don't get Bryant we'll be okay but I really really like Bryant and I never thought his recruitment would go on this long. I would hate to see him waste his time in Indiana...We will see what happens but I'm extremely exicted to watch next years team and I think the next two to three years will have some great teams.

Nice to have you on the board, Mrs. Bryant. The feeling is mutual. :)

Just watching a few minutes of Triche and MCW ini this game... it hits home how critical JB's offense requires guards who can dribble-drive and score in a variety of ways. Not surprising that JB's worst W-L team (last year) also had a backcourt that could not shoot from deep or score off the dribble. We need Malachi to be as good as advertised if not better... because that would hopefully lead to a reduction in Cooney's minutes similar to Scoop's senior year. People get all caught up in Cooney's 3pt% and overlook that he falls well short of the standard that SU expects out of that position. KJ we'll give one more season to see if he can snap out of it or he'll be in the same boat.

rakeem_christmas_2011_03_30.jpg

MCW's clothes are about 5 times too large

Just watching a few minutes of Triche and MCW ini this game... it hits home how critical JB's offense requires guards who can dribble-drive and score in a variety of ways. Not surprising that JB's worst W-L team (last year) also had a backcourt that could not shoot from deep or score off the dribble. We need Malachi to be as good as advertised if not better... because that would hopefully lead to a reduction in Cooney's minutes similar to Scoop's senior year. People get all caught up in Cooney's 3pt% and overlook that he falls well short of the standard that SU expects out of that position. KJ we'll give one more season to see if he can snap out of it or he'll be in the same boat.

I think Syracuse maybe ought to consider recruiting a pure PG instead of the combo guards they attempt to convert
to a PG. I know the 6'5" guards look good at the top of the zone, but, you know, the idea of the game is to score
points, and when you get guys who can't shoot, can't pass, can't drive, and honestly aren't that effective at the
top of the zone, you're not going to win games.

Kev

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom