Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

If SU has stopped recruiting Bryant, that means Battle will announce very soon. Staying at 11 means three leaving next year (G, Cooney, & CM) brings us down to 8 and Battle can commit anytime. That means the sanctions have already cost us a 5 star player.

When you're saying one of the scholarship hits, I assume you mean we will get down to 10 players because we can't start the reduction by just one or two scholarships. We'd have to get down to 10.

I don't know exactly what it means. I thought the university announced in one of their responses that they planned to start taking scholarship reductions next year. I'm trying to understand what the landscape is.

I don't know exactly what it means. I thought the university announced in one of their responses that they planned to start taking scholarship reductions next year. I'm trying to understand what the landscape is.

I never read that. I'm not saying you're wrong, just never heard that we were planning that. I do know that if we are going to start the reduction this coming year, we have to be down to 10. In other words, we cannot be at 11 and get credit for reducing by 2.

That was the University's offer. The NCAA rejected that offer and instead countered with a 3 scholarship loss.

I never read that. I'm not saying you're wrong, just never heard that we were planning that. I do know that if we are going to start the reduction this coming year, we have to be down to 10. In other words, we cannot be at 11 and get credit for reducing by 2.
100% correct.

Sorry if I'm behind, but why is it Battle or Bryant? Is SU only expecting to be able to have one committable offer next year WITH Bryant, which would be Moyer?

Sorry if I'm behind, but why is it Battle or Bryant? Is SU only expecting to be able to have one committable offer next year WITH Bryant, which would be Moyer?

No, the staff wants Bryant but the feeling may not be mutual. Lots of speculation he is going wind up at Indiana.

IF TB has really lost interest in SU (and i obviously have no clue if he has) it would be interesting to know why he did, ie was it the murky scholly situation or could it be he didnt believe he could beat out McC or DC for one of the starting big spots. who knows maybe word is out that DC is playing well and progressing nicely. next year is shaping up nicely but still so many question marks.

IF TB has really lost interest in SU (and i obviously have no clue if he has) it would be interesting to know why he did, ie was it the murky scholly situation or could it be he didnt believe he could beat out McC or DC for one of the starting big spots. who knows maybe word is out that DC is playing well and progressing nicely. next year is shaping up nicely but still so many question marks.

Well aside from the whole sanctions thing, one thing that has changed is it looks like McCullough will be back next year. That wasn't what everyone was thinking through the majority of his recruitment. Maybe he thinks the 4/5 spot at SU is too crowded now?

Well aside from the whole sanctions thing, one thing that has changed is it looks like McCullough will be back next year. That wasn't what everyone was thinking through the majority of his recruitment. Maybe he thinks the 4/5 spot at SU is too crowded now?
McC coming back probably did change the dynamic to some degree. i am no expert but i am not convinced TB is a pure 5, ie imo his game has just as much in common w McC as it does w DC or Rock. i would think he could play 4 or 5 at SU

McC coming back probably did change the dynamic to some degree. i am no expert but i am not convinced TB is a pure 5, ie imo his game has just as much in common w McC as it does w DC or Rock. i would think he could play 4 or 5 at SU

It may not be a direct impact on his perceived playing time, but the extra body has a cascading effect on PT at those positions. Healthy McCullough means less playing time available at the 4 for Roberson, Diagne and DCII and means they have to make up any time they would have gotten at the 4 either on the bench or another position. Roberson could get some minutes as a 3. Diagne and DCII are only going to shift minutes to the 5.

I know we see the potential for lots of playing time especially not knowing the health status of McCullough and DCII, but to a recruit that might look like an awful lot of bodies to overcome for PT in a system where JB isn't exactly known for spreading the time around among lots of guys.

Well, if Bryant picks IU over SU you have to question his IQ. He picks SU and he is on a National Championship contender. He picks IU... and ? I'd love to see him in Orange but if he decides to go elsewhere we are still in great shape and perhaps end up better off in the long run.

Well, if Bryant picks IU over SU you have to question his IQ. He picks SU and he is on a National Championship contender. He picks IU... and ? I'd love to see him in Orange but if he decides to go elsewhere we are still in great shape and perhaps end up better off in the long run.

As a few posters have said, he is a luxury not a necessity.

It's amazing how quick people are to say we don't need Bryant. We have two returning bigs who have health problems. CM might not play until December and with Coleman, we don't know if he can play 10 minutes a game. I think we definitely need Bryant. SU isn't even recruiting another big for 2016. Giles is a pipe dream. What gives me hope is that it's been way to quiet the past couple of weeks. There must be a reason for this. SU has already opened up two scholarships and has room for Bryant. IU just released two players this week. I'm not sure how much room they have left. Bryant might still be waiting for IU to open up more scholarships. Let's hope the IU alumni get their wish and get rid of Crean. They want him gone.

Yeah, if we don't get Bryant but can still bring in players I think we'll have to at least take a look at the 5th year waiver wire for another center.

hoopsupstate said:
It's amazing how quick people are to say we don't need Bryant. We have two returning bigs who have health problems. CM might not play until December and with Coleman, we don't know if he can play 10 minutes a game. I think we definitely need Bryant. SU isn't even recruiting another big for 2016. Giles is a pipe dream. What gives me hope is that it's been way to quiet the past couple of weeks. There must be a reason for this. SU has already opened up two scholarships and has room for Bryant. IU just released two players this week. I'm not sure how much room they have left. Bryant might still be waiting for IU to open up more scholarships. Let's hope the IU alumni get their wish and get rid of Crean. They want him gone.

It's the beginning of saying we didn't really need him or we wanted Diagne more if we don't get him.

I think we definitely need Bryant.

Don't think we definitely need him but he would be a bonus down low. The best part about playing zone is JB can have the wings help at the 5. We have great length coming in at the wing positions. Plus most people on here believe Diange can play the 5 as well. For these reasons, I don't think he is a definite need. I think ensuring Battle a scholly next year is more important as we lose TC and MG and aren't sure how much KJ will improve. We will need more depth at the guard position.

Agree 100%. It would be a massive loss to lose out on a kid like this that we've led for all along, from our own back yard.

I'm hoping that some of the prognostications are more due to the radio silence out of the Bryant household. And since we've been the presumptive front runners all along, I'm hoping that some of the recent predictions are just people reading too much into Bryant not having pulled the trigger yet.

Hope so, anyway. I want to land this kid. As we learned this past year, you can never have enough bigs or depth.

This just has bad news written all over it unless they can get the penalties reduced to 2 scholarships lost and start next season AND Coleman and McC are healthy. Syracuse needs to start winnng some of these recruiting battles without having to promise starting spots. It seems they rarely double up legit prospects at one position.

This

Agree 100%. It would be a massive loss to lose out on a kid like this that we've led for all along, from our own back yard.

I'm hoping that some of the prognostications are more due to the radio silence out of the Bryant household. And since we've been the presumptive front runners all along, I'm hoping that some of the recent predictions are just people reading too much into Bryant not having pulled the trigger yet.

Hope so, anyway. I want to land this kid. As we learned this past year, you can never have enough bigs or depth.

And This. We have KJ and Franklin. Trust the staff will have them ready to go. Don't turn away kids that want to come over kids that may be interested. Also you protect your backyard when it comes to recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom