Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

If it was up to him at this point, no I don't think he would pick SU. Biggest factor in our favor obviously is his mother being on our side and wanting to be closer to her son once again. I don't think she'll willingly sign off to his other choices. So this recruitment could swing all over the place in different directions as we head into the finish line.

Any idea what turned him? I thought JB had publicly all but told us he would be the 5th member of this class earlier in the season.

Last edited:
image.jpg

lol the strip of Diamond Stone at the end, the give and go and that nasty hammer of a wrap around dunk at around 0:35.
Solid.

I'd like to see a freshman SU center who takes it strong to the hole!

Any idea what turned him? I thought JB had publicly all but told us he would be the 5th member of this class earlier in the season.
Things change, especially when we're talking about teenagers here. JB also thought at one point he was getting Julius Hodge and Nerlens Noel. I think going away to prep school did more damage than good for us, and it made playing close to home not much much of a big deal for him at this point. Quite possibly he could've been turned off by how JB humiliated and constantly put CMac on blast when he was struggling. TB has one and done aspiration as well, so how do you think he'll feel when he sees something like that going on?

What's unfortunate is that we don't have any backup plans for Bryant or Battles. If we lose CM, which is likely, this place is going to go nuts. We go all in on a few players and we're left holding the bag if we don't get them. If we don't get Bryant and CM leaves, we are woefully weak up front. SU will be middle of the pack in the ACC and NIT bound. I hope the coaching staff proves me wrong and we get Bryant and Battles and CM stays.

What's unfortunate is that we don't have any backup plans for Bryant or Battles. If we lose CM, which is likely, this place is going to go nuts. We go all in on a few players and we're left holding the bag if we don't get them. If we don't get Bryant and CM leaves, we are woefully weak up front. SU will be middle of the pack in the ACC and NIT bound. I hope the coaching staff proves me wrong and we get Bryant and Battles and CM stays.

Likely Huh?

upstate, relax. Give the staff a little credit. They've been successful at this recruiting thing for a long time.

Well, no kidding we don't have a backup for Bryant. We weren't even sure we'd be able to fit him in. We already have four other guys committed.

As far as Battle - what on earth are you talking about, not having a backup plan? We're recruiting SEVERAL players in 2016.

Name another point guard that we're recruiting for 2016 that's even close to Battles in talent? As far as not knowing if we were going to have an opening, that's baloney. CM was never suppose to come back, and probably isn't and JB has said since last summer that there would be room for another player. It doesn't sound like we didn't think there wouldn't be room.

Name another point guard that we're recruiting for 2016 that's even close to Battles in talent? As far as not knowing if we were going to have an opening, that's baloney. CM was never suppose to come back, and probably isn't and JB has said since last summer that there would be room for another player. It doesn't sound like we didn't think there wouldn't be room.

Battles a top 20 talent, the other guards are not gonna be as good as he is, but he's also gonna be hard to sign as the top schools, are after him. It's unfair to say they aren't recruiting anyone as good as him. Few in his class are.

Well, we aren't recruiting anyone named "Battles." But as far as other PGs go? Howard Washington is a 4-star talent. Is he Tyus Battle? No. But you're basically asking if the staff has another top 5 player as a backup option, which is just absurd.

Nice thread the needle by Simmons to Stone in the open court. He one hand rifled that sucker right past the defender. Caught in stride and hammered home. Tons of talent, Ingram, Rabb, Jaylen Brown, Malik is a crazy nut, and so forth. :)

Nice thread the needle by Simmons to Stone in the open court. He one hand rifled that sucker right past the defender. Caught in stride and hammered home. Tons of talent, Ingram, Rabb, Jaylen Brown, Malik is a crazy nut, and so forth. :)
Simmons' uncle is David Patrick (LSU assistant coach). Yeah, THAT David Patrick. (Sorry if it's been mentioned already)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom