Class of 2023 - C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23) | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23)

10th best center in New York? Isn’t that about where Sienna usually recruits? That’s a far cry from Rak Christmas top
center in the CLASS.

Well, since we had zero recruits in the class, you have to start somewhere...

The good news is we don't have zero recruits in the class anymore and our coach that hates the portal has no choice but to use it, if he comes back next year.

Which is why I think he retires. We’re looking at a year next year like Louisville is having this year. Boeheim won't want to hold the bag on this. The tear down is complete. Much easier to pass the baton to Red or Gmac to fall on their sword.

The good news is we don't have zero recruits in the class anymore and our coach that hates the portal has no choice but to use it, if he comes back next year.

Which is why I think he retires. We’re looking at a year next year like Louisville is having this year. Boeheim won't want to hold the bag on this. The tear down is complete. Much easier to pass the baton to Red or Gmac to fall on their sword.
Time for JB to retire. Let Someone else try to get Them respectability again

Roster
PG- Mintz, Torrence, Copeland
SG- Transfer, Taylor, Copeland
SF- Adams or Transfer, Bell, Copeland
PF- Brown or Transfer, Carey, JBA
C- Edwards or Transfer, Hima, Williams (redshirt)

We need a 2G who can shoot, drive and is bigger up top. Taylor is going to be very good but would bring in a stud to pair with Judah next year who Taylor can spell. If Edwards moves on we will need a transfer. Just throwing it out for disucsison
JBA needs to get the talk again.

Agree. Just another example of why Twitter is toxic and in the grand scheme has little value. FFS some people just don't get it.
But Newhouse people know all and we aren't allowed to question them so I've been told.

Not necessarily. I wonder if it might be Osgood-Schlatter disease, which I believe occurs in instances of fast, large, growth spurts. (Medical folks feel free to correct me.)
The point is it seems to be a fixable “ condition”, not injuries.

I had Osgood-Schlatter as an early teen. Looked like I had a 2nd kneecap below the 1st.
It hurt like hell, but the Dr said I could run, bike, & ski as much as I could tolerate the pain.
I ran XC & track for all 4 years of HS.

No surgery required, I grew out of it.

Carey has had 2 surgeries -
I’m 99.99% sure he had injuries.

What in the world is going on and why would you ever do this ???

Thats an unfortunate exchange.

I think it's the result of nearly everyone who follows the program is now skeptical and critical of every move. There is a loss of faith in JB, and fatigue from the zone. Some have lost patience to wait for another Jesse to develop into a starter.

As another poster said, this doesn't move the needle and get people excited and people want immediate results which they extrapolate won't come from this and consequently there's no celebration, instead unprofessionalism from a Newhouse student. This wouldn't have happened 5 years ago or if JB was still winning 70% of his games. Cuse Twitter has negativity today.

I want JB gone, think the AD's office/leadership over the program is a joke, but always root for the players and wish the best for them.

Yeah that's why I still think its 50/50 if Jesse, Judah and Joe are gone Jim is gonna have to scramble and get 4 or 5 Bonafide players to avoid a Louisville season. Does he risk sticking around for that?

Fab did not start year one and Rony was off and on. Rony was a huge project.
Rony wasn’t really recruited. He was good right away just based on his athleticism. He got better.

Thats an unfortunate exchange.

I think it's the result of nearly everyone who follows the program is now skeptical and critical of every move. There is a loss of faith in JB, and fatigue from the zone. Some have lost patience to wait for another Jesse to develop into a starter.

As another poster said, this doesn't move the needle and get people excited and people want immediate results which they extrapolate won't come from this and consequently there's no celebration, instead unprofessionalism from a Newhouse student. This wouldn't have happened 5 years ago or if JB was still winning 70% of his games. Cuse Twitter has negativity today.

I want JB gone, think the AD's office/leadership over the program is a joke, but always root for the players and wish the best for them.

The kid is a Newhouse student. Works for the DO. Works for the radio. You can question the commitment but you can’t say he’s trash and then tag the kid on twitter.

May have hit a new recruiting low here. This is a head scratcher
I don’t see it as any different than a lot of the recruits we’ve been getting for 10 years now.

We get a lot of “projects” with “upside” that run well for their size and are skinny and long. Heck, we got one last year and people were going nuts over him.

It’s not this kid’s fault that we haven’t signed anyone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom