can you imagine what scott shafer must be thinking | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

can you imagine what scott shafer must be thinking

The Shafer firing was not just about the horrible decisions made on game day. Coyle and Syverud determined that a change needed to be made for several reasons and are confident that they will ultimately put in place a better coach and representative of the University. This was not that difficult a decision and many people's minds have been clouded by the emotion of the last week and the sadness associated with seeing a good man fail at a job that he truly cherished.

I am curious what else there is to his firing.

I'm sure there is more than just game day decisions. But I'm just curious what they are that the AD did not approve of.

I know the sideline antics were tiresome.

I am curious what else there is to his firing.

I'm sure there is more than just game day decisions. But I'm just curious what they are that the AD did not approve of.

I know the sideline antics were tiresome.
I haven't seen anything on the level of a career-limiting maneuver. He wasn't winning, we all know that. The last two seasons were awful, except for gutty performances against Clemson and LSU. The main problem was (and will likely continue to be) talent.

Shafer's best season was winning a bowl game after needing the last play of the season to go 6-6. It didn't work out at SU but he'll land a nice DC job.

i can't even imagine.

OSU will probably hire shafer and get better.

I loved Shafe, but one thing he should be thinking is, "I should have hired the best assistants I could find, not just call up all my WMU coaching buddies." I know he was very intense and passionate too, which I liked, but I kind of squirmed at the language used at times -- wish he'd left the cursing to the locker room. That said, I think the injuries were the difference this year. Just plain bad luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom