Class of 2015 - CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas

Yes it's a bit nerve racking but these are the recruiting battles we want to be in. We have a great staff in place, are trending upwards, and are past the point where recruits remember the GRob error. We can win these battles and should be looking at what a damn fine school SU is vs why kids would choose to go elsewhere.
Not nerve-wracking at all. This is exciting - this is an important step in the journey.

Not nerve-wracking at all. This is exciting - this is an important step in the journey.

I'd much rather get a verbal from a kid then lose it to an Alabama or an Ohio State, than to never have a verbal from that kid at all and have to poach the MAC to finish out a recruiting year.

People need to stop the negativity and start enjoying the ride. We finally have a head coach who understands that he's going to need high-level players to win. Not sure Pasqualoni and Marrone fully grasped that concept, or understood how to create a coaching staff with that goal in mind.

I'd much rather get a verbal from a kid then lose it to an Alabama or an Ohio State, than to never have a verbal from that kid at all and have to poach the MAC to finish out a recruiting year.

People need to stop the negativity and start enjoying the ride. We finally have a head coach who understands that he's going to need high-level players to win. Not sure Pasqualoni and Marrone fully grasped that concept, or understood how to create a coaching staff with that goal in mind.

Exactly...you can't hit a home run if your foot never leaves 3rd base.

amen brother. Can't win without these types of kids. We won't have a team of 60 of them, like Bama, but we can compete with 15-20 of them on any given Saturday.

Marrone firmly grasped that concept, but lacked the positivity about the school that Shafer has finally accomplished.

Syracuse has once again become a destination for high level players and coaches.

Wisconsin is the latest to offer

Davante Davis ‏@SaluteMe_103 3m
Wisconsin offered
1f64f.png

christ... this kid needs his own channel, like cnbc, with a scrolling ticker showing offers.

"Davante Davis chooses to stay at Syracuse"

"Davante Davis dropped to 1 star"
ok, we get it - enough with the harping on the lack of stars for SU recruits - SU had almost no 2 star kids last year and the majority of the kids they sign this year will get re-evaluated and bumped up. This staff is just better at identifying these kids early than the recruiting sites.

(not just aimed at you Trueblue)

ok, we get it - enough with the harping on the lack of stars for SU recruits - SU had almost no 2 star kids last year and the majority of the kids they sign this year will get re-evaluated and bumped up. This staff is just better at identifying these kids early than the recruiting sites.

(not just aimed at you Trueblue)
Take it from me stars are overrated. My son plays in mass and getting a recruiting site to give him a ranking is near impossible. Kids that have great rankings that he plays against are half the player some kids that aren't even being recruited are. It's a big game... Who does the evaluator know from the team is a bigger factor than how the kid plays. I was at rivals camp watching minka Fitzpatrick... Number 10 on national. He must have had a great first camp because he did horrible at the 2 Nd one. They were running one on ones and he got burned 3 or 4 times bad. And he ran some on offense and pushed off everytime. The write up after made it out like he was perfect all day. They gave him 5 stars and a 6.1 rating... Maybe I missed somthing but I didn't see it. I'd rather a kid that can make plays than have stars

Davante Davis
6'3, 200 lbs.
Homestad (Booker T. Washington), Fla.
NR

The Badgers aren't exactly certain where they stand here. Davis is committed to Syracuse, but like Jordan Scarlett, the offer sheet leads to it seeming like more of a matter of "when" than "if" he visits flip city. In the past two weeks, he's received offers from Louisville, UCF, South Carolina, Ohio State and West Virginia. As a listed 6'3 cornerback, it's entirely possible that more offers are coming for Davis. So, it's wait-and-see here, but he's definitely worth checking.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/201...ff-davante-davis-javarius-davis-mohamed-berry

Trueblue25 said:
I was more mocking the star system, I think it's poorly handled. I trust our recruiters over 247 and rivals.

So we should go 12-0?