CCSU Game Thread... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

CCSU Game Thread...

Throwing motion is long but ball seems to be on the money. Slant to Butler was a bit high, bit behind but still should've been caught. Rex looks like he should be able to compete in 2019 if he sticks it out. Really hope he does so that we have 2 solid QBs for the next 4 years.

I thought Mahoney was the backup what happened?

I think they want to give Rex a shot for the first time, as Bailey pointed out, they know what they have with Zach. maybe he will get a series.

Before 21-0, Strickland had 4 carries for 12 yards and Neal had 4 carries for 9 yards.

It all comes down to OL gelling. These games are why I like opening against FCS teams. This OL has never played together. Servais has his first career start in the most important OL position. If the line doesn't gel, will we be in trouble? Yea, b/c Dungey will be dead.

But, it's hard for me to be concerned with what has gone on today. Defense was my big thing and they have played well despite losing our best player in the secondary (hopefully for not long).
We'll see how our OL gelling compares with the step up in competition. I'm concerned. Our talent should be good enough to push around a FCS team that was 2-9 last year without the gelling.

The defense did what they were supposed to do. They're still an unknown following this game. We'll find out a lot more about them next week.

We'll see how our OL gelling compares with the step up in competition. I'm concerned. Our talent should be good enough to push around a FCS team that was 2-9 last year without the gelling.

The defense did what they were supposed to do. They're still an unknown following this game. We'll find out a lot more about them next week.

You aren't wrong. Love to see Roberts on the OL and, after seeing Slayton being extremely disruptive, I think OL is the weakest unit on the team.

I honestly don't think run blocking is as easy as a lot of people make it out to be. I think, with this offense and weapons, an ideal game for our running backs is something like 15 carries for 45 yards and 2 touchdowns. Custis has looked good when he knows what route to run.

I have seen enough of him to think he should be our starting RB

Speaking of seeing enough of something, I'm all set with this Xfinity wifi commercial with the guy and girl.

I actually don't mind this broadcast team.

Agreed. Usually "C" teams are painful to listen to, with lots of repetitive football philosophies expressed. These guys are entertaining and free flowing. Not bad for this type of game, where it isn't a closely contested outcome.

It would be exponentially more annoying in a close game.

I like Ruff -- think he's going to settle in and have a nice career as a DT.

Gonna get a 7 here to cover this thing by a half point?

It's bad enough that our running backs can't run but now they're actively forcing turnovers for the other team.

Good or bad; I think we are what we thought we were, or something like that...

Really thought Striz would be a redshirt guy and then moved to the secondary, that was very wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom