CFB Playoff Rankings | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

CFB Playoff Rankings

I see the irony. It's just not in ND's favor. They play a pseudo conference schedule and get none of the benefits that matter to the committee.
Yup. They could play Wake and BC every year. But if they were in the ACC, they would (possibly) have the CCG to make up for those SOS-killing games.

I see the irony. It's just not in ND's favor. They play a pseudo conference schedule and get none of the benefits that matter to the committee.

Well if Clemson loses to UNC or SC then its quite possible the ACC won't have an entrant either. Despite having just one loss.

Yup. They could play Wake and BC every year. But if they were in the ACC, they would (possibly) have the CCG to make up for those SOS-killing games.

Fair enough. Then again the CCG can cost teams a trip to the F4 too.

Let's face it. It's all about the $$$. It's why ND remains independent and why SU joined the ACC and the explanation for a hundred other moves in college football. And for that reason ND will not be joining the ACC any time soon. And for those that want to ridicule them for that so be it. SU would do the same thing if it were in the same spot.

ND played Wake Forest and BC.
Oklahoma played Baylor and TCU.

Not talking about OU. Thought I made that clear. They're #3. ND would have stayed at #4. Iowa would not have passed them. Who the hell have they beaten in the last two weeks?

Steely Dan had a good album that I'm sure you would have enjoyed- Pretzel Logic.
You quoted my post above where I layed my theory out.

I'm sorry for your short term memory loss...which adds to your already blatant long term loss, but there is no obsession here.

Just me taking a hard stand on something I believe will play out.

Apparently, your beloved nd happened to get caught up in the swell of this hypotheses, so you obsessively barked up and embarrassed yourself.

And as has happened routinely on here since Jeter was a rookie...I will be proven correct.

Happy Thanksgiving

bpo57 said:
Well if Clemson loses to UNC or SC then its quite possible the ACC won't have an entrant either. Despite having just one loss.

Yep. But they have a better shot and have more of their destiny in their own hands.

bpo57 said:
Fair enough. Then again the CCG can cost teams a trip to the F4 too. Let's face it. It's all about the $$$. It's why ND remains independent and why SU joined the ACC and the explanation for a hundred other moves in college football. And for that reason ND will not be joining the ACC any time soon. And for those that want to ridicule them for that so be it. SU would do the same thing if it were in the same spot.

Money is basically equal.

Fair enough. Then again the CCG can cost teams a trip to the F4 too.

Let's face it. It's all about the $$$. It's why ND remains independent and why SU joined the ACC and the explanation for a hundred other moves in college football. And for that reason ND will not be joining the ACC any time soon. And for those that want to ridicule them for that so be it. SU would do the same thing if it were in the same spot.
Nobody is mocking them.

Nobody cares they're independent.

They're not in a conference.

They're the Globetrotters.

One hell of a pay day and no threat to the National Championship that everyone else cares about.

They have a purpose.

Keep filling it.

See you at Giants Stadium.

Thanks for the $$$$$$ to get a new coach!!!

Suck 'as...

ND didn't just fall from 4 to 5 they were put 6th.

It Wasn't that ND played Wake and BC. It was the score of those games. Wake outgained ND and lost 28-7 and BC forced 5 ND turnovers and they only won 19-16.

ND has been killed by injuries but the style points has killed them. Oklahoma played crap teams like Kansas, Iowa State and the Sooners crushed them. That is the eye test.

Oklahoma was the only Big XII team I thought could jump ND.

Big Ten is getting one of Iowa/Michigan State in the playoffs if they both win this week.

You quoted my post above where I layed my theory out.

I'm sorry for your short term memory loss...which adds to your already blatant long term loss, but there is no obsession here.

Just me taking a hard stand on something I believe will play out.

Apparently, your beloved nd happened to get caught up in the swell of this hypotheses, so you obsessively barked up and embarrassed yourself.

And as has happened routinely on here since Jeter was a rookie...I will be proven correct.

Happy Thanksgiving

You're a legend in your own mind, Kaiser. Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

ND didn't just fall from 4 to 5 they were put 6th.

It Wasn't that ND played Wake and BC. It was the score of those games. Wake outgained ND and lost 28-7 and BC forced 5 ND turnovers and they only won 19-16.

ND has been killed by injuries but the style points has killed them. Oklahoma played crap teams like Kansas, Iowa State and the Sooners crushed them. That is the eye test.

Oklahoma was the only Big XII team I thought could jump ND.

Big Ten is getting one of Iowa/Michigan State in the playoffs if they both win this week.

"BC forced 5 ND turnovers and they only won 19-16." Three of those TOs were inside the five yard line. ND rolled up and down the field on supposedly one of the best defenses in the country. Should have been a 30 point blowout. But the sloppy play rightfully punished them. Not their independence. That's completely irrelevant.

OU lost to one one crap team that ND mauled.

ND has now lost 14 players for the year from their two deep roster from when the season began including their top 3 RBs and their QB. I'm surprised they're even at the point they're at.

ND's best chance if they beat Stanford is an OU loss at OSU this weekend. A one loss OSU is not getting in over a one loss ND. I don't care if OSU is from a P5 conference or the AFC Conference.

Iowa is capable of losing to Nebraska but I don't see them beating MSU although crazier things have happened.

bpo57 said:
"BC forced 5 ND turnovers and they only won 19-16." Three of those TOs were inside the five yard line. ND rolled up and down the field on supposedly one of the best defenses in the country. Should have been a 30 point blowout. But the sloppy play rightfully punished them. Not their independence. That's completely irrelevant. OU lost to one one crap team that ND mauled. ND has now lost 14 players for the year from their two deep roster from when the season began including their top 3 RBs and their QB. I'm surprised they're even at the point they're at. ND's best chance if they beat Stanford is an OU loss at OSU this weekend. A one loss OSU is not getting in over a one loss ND. I don't care if OSU is from a P5 conference or the AFC Conference. Iowa is capable of losing to Nebraska but I don't see them beating MSU although crazier things have happened.

Lots of what ifs and could have beens

@TwitVI: Early #collegefootball championship lines per @PinnacleSports
Stanford -4 USC
#Alabama -17 Florida
#Clemson -5.5 UNC
Michigan State -4 Iowa

690West said:
@TwitVI: Early #collegefootball championship lines per @PinnacleSports Stanford -4 USC #Alabama -17 Florida #Clemson -5.5 UNC Michigan State -4 Iowa

So once Alabama scores 17 points that spread is done. Florida offense vs Bama defense is the mismatch of the champ game season.

UNC isn't getting enough respect. I think the winner of the ACC Championship game (which should be as good of a game in a long time), should be playoff bound.

So once Alabama scores 17 points that spread is done. Florida offense vs Bama defense is the mismatch of the champ game season.

UNC isn't getting enough respect. I think the winner of the ACC Championship game (which should be as good of a game in a long time), should be playoff bound.
I can't believe that Clemson line isn't like 2.5/3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom