Class of 2024 - CG Boogie Fland (NY) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 CG Boogie Fland (NY) Offered

The fact that this has all been cleared through Mark Wheeler and knowing first hand how conservative SU is with any potential NCAA infractions, I am very confident there is nothing to be concerned about.
Exactly. When I talked to Adam for this piece, he stressed to me numerous times about clearing this with Mark W. and SU compliance.

My take from all of this is also that Gerry or Red will be taking over from Jim in the fall of ‘23 or ‘24.

Look at Wildhack's proclivities when hiring previous coaches. If given the option, he will go with a SU alum(great). Gait, Treanor, Jack tell the story clearly. Hop, Autry, or GMac will be next coach, imo. Heck, if Donovan McNabb was a football coach at any level, Wildhack would probably tab him as our next football hc.

I don't know how you interpreted that from the article. If anything, it suggests that JB might be inclined to stick around longer.
Nothing from the article to be honest. Just timing of a few potential 24 recruits implies some level of certainty regarding the coach for that period. And I highly doubt it’s JB in ‘24 but perhaps I’m wrong.

Look at Wildhack's proclivities when hiring previous coaches. If given the option, he will go with a SU alum(great). Gait, Treanor, Jack tell the story clearly. Hop, Autry, or GMac will be next coach, imo. Heck, if Donovan McNabb was a football coach at any level, Wildhack would probably tab him as our next football hc.
Hop was not an SU great.

I know this kid has an awesome offer sheet but have there been any indicators as to who the early front runners are? I’ve heard a lot about UNC but given their recent commitments I’d imagine they may cool off. He doesn’t seem close to a commitment which bodes well for us but curious who we’re competing with.

I know this kid has an awesome offer sheet but have there been any indicators as to who the early front runners are? I’ve heard a lot about UNC but given their recent commitments I’d imagine they may cool off. He doesn’t seem close to a commitment which bodes well for us but curious who we’re competing with.
He visited Uconn once. There are blue bloods like Kansas and Kentucky in the mix as well. his recruitment seems pretty open. Tuesday, hopefully, is a step in the right direction.

Amazing news! According to the on3 article on Moore, he was targeting the 24th as a visit to Alabama. Guess not anymore!
I wonder if he ends up rescheduling his visit. If not, then this would be huge for us.

Hop was not an SU great.
Right! He was a scrappy decent player. Popular, not great.
So, no consideration for being involved in decades of SU Basketball success? Including a National Championship, and recruiting some fantastic players to play for the Orange. Also has games as Syracuse Head Coach under his belt.
I guess you two don't consider Jim Boeheim a Syracuse great either; pffft, wasn't even a 1000 point scorer.

So, no consideration for being involved in decades of SU Basketball success? Including a National Championship, and recruiting some fantastic players to play for the Orange. Also has games as Syracuse Head Coach under his belt.
I guess you two don't consider Jim Boeheim a Syracuse great either; pffft, wasn't even a 1000 point scorer.
In the context of the coaches hired by JW, the proposition was that he hired former great SU players: Hop was not. That was the basis of my post.
Evidently, he was also not a great coach (to date), but a great recruiter

In the context of the coaches hired by JW, the proposition was that he hired former great SU players: Hop was not. That was the basis of my post.
Evidently, he was also not a great coach (to date), but a great recruiter
That was your interpretation of my post. I mentioned nothing about "players." I used alum. Michael Hopkins is a great alum in my book.

What planet are you all on. We aren’t negotiating NIL deals for kids to go to St.Johns or Seton Hall and commute to do charity work. You realize this is professional sports now right? He’s paying them to play for Syracuse.
How would Boogie fit with Judah? (theoretically)

oh this isn't for next season?!

I think both guards are class of 2024, but who knows. No idea weather reclassification to 2023 is feasible for either / both players, I just assumed they won't be on the team next year.

I think both guards are class of 2024, but who knows. No idea weather reclassification to 2023 is feasible for either / both players, I just assumed they won't be on the team next year.
but people are saying how late SU is getting involved? for 2 seasons from now?

recruiting is outta control

I wonder if with Brey leaving along with 4 starters, if JJ might rethink his options?

Agree, and that makes a lot of sense (i.e., transferring back home).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom