Chad Ford draft updates... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Chad Ford draft updates...

Why do you post this nonsense?

fec6d3174dc78f60b03e8be9f69d4436_zpskhzyubvc.jpg

I love Mali but Lydon is the more intriguing NBA prospect -- but I also think TL is more likely to stay.

Getting a 1st grade is key. If Mali gets one he's probably gone -- he gets a guaranteed contract and an extra year to work on his game at the NBA level and get paid for it. I have a feeling Lydon won't even declare. TL will be a lottery pick if he waits, and with a chance to be a bigger part of the offense next year (and not having to play Center) I think he'll be patient.

The thing with Mali is, if he comes back he's our 2G next year and will handle the ball a lot more, I would think that's something NBA GM's want to see from him. He will most likely be 1st or 2nd team pre-season All-ACC next year.

i think college fans and probably chad ford overrate too much what happens in actual college games. i think the nba scouts might be interested in occasional matchups in college games, but i think the nba places way more on the individual workouts than college stats. we won't have any real idea about malachi and lydon leaving this year until they get measured, poked and prodded, and worked out by the scouts. enjoy the ride and if the nba comes calling for one or both, it would be disappointing but the program will move on.

Am I the only one who projects Lydon as an NBA tweener? He seems a couple inches too short for the 4 but lacks the handle and quickness to be a blow-by threat at the 3. Lydon has all the makings of a stretch 4 for the college game, but there is a potential logjam at that spot next year. Anyhow, if he was 6'10 with his skill set he'd be a lottery lock this year.

Am I the only one who projects Lydon as an NBA tweener? He seems a couple inches too short for the 4 but lacks the handle and quickness to be a blow-by threat at the 3. Lydon has all the makings of a stretch 4 for the college game, but there is a potential logjam at that spot next year. Anyhow, if he was 6'10 with his skill set he'd be a lottery lock this year.
Yeah, I agree with this, in that Lydon does have to improve his handle to be a three at the next level. I also think he's 6'8", having met him.

Yeah, I agree with this, in that Lydon does have to improve his handle to be a three at the next level. I also think he's 6'8", having met him.

After seeing it in person, what did you think of his lower brow, his manometer, his lip toupee, his lip doily, his soup strainer?

Shave or save?

Ok so it's not just me. How many NBA stretch 4's are 6'8"? Cuz even if he develops a handle I don't think he's quick enough to play the 3.

FrancoPizza said:
Ok so it's not just me. How many NBA stretch 4's are 6'8"? Cuz even if he develops a handle I don't think he's quick enough to play the 3.

You're overrating "NBA Tweener" being a thing. In the Golden State/small ball era 2 inches is negligible if you are well rounded (check), unselfish (check), athletic (check) and can shoot lights out (check).

He's lacking weight and muscle more than anything. One more year to add that plus some dribble drives.

The NBA rightly believes that defense can be coached up if the physical tools are there.

Defensive only players are going the way of the dinosaur. You make your money on O.

Not close to being true. And if you can't defend then they'll iso you into oblivion.

The biggest myth in the NBA is that they don't play defense. Greatest athletes in the world. If only it were that simple to coach up defense.

In this day and age I think Lydon has plenty of size (height at least) to be an NBA 4.

Lydon was measured for team USA without shoes at 6' 8.75"

That's pretty legit height. With shoes he's been measured at more than 6' 9" which is what a lot of stretch 4s are. Lydon is just as tall as Kevin Love with just as much reach. He's not as big nor does he have the same skills at 19 that Love had, but Lydon has plenty of height for the NBA 4.

That's pretty legit height. With shoes he's been measured at more than 6' 9" which is what a lot of stretch 4s are. Lydon is just as tall as Kevin Love with just as much reach. He's not as big nor does he have the same skills at 19 that Love had, but Lydon has plenty of height for the NBA 4.

I know Love had a lot of blocked shots in the tournament (somehow) but I feel like Lydon at 19 is a better defensive player than Love will ever be. Offensively is a different story of course

I know Love had a lot of blocked shots in the tournament (somehow) but I feel like Lydon at 19 is a better defensive player than Love will ever be. Offensively is a different story of course

Well, I mean, that's not a high bar. Love is a garbage defender at the 4.

Well there goes any glimmer of hope for next year. Thank you very much.

We could have an 8-man roster next year that includes Joseph and Obokoh.
I was thinking the same thing. the players have until may 25th I believe to make up their minds.That's leave coaches very little time to find a quality body to replace them. I really hope for our own selfish reasons Lydon and Richardson stay one more year.

Was looking at the mock drafts. Most have G going the second round, some deep. I couldn't really see any players listed that I would substitute Mal or TL with on the list at this time. There are 4-5 foreign players and more players are declaring daily. Maybe if either/both go off for the next two games they slide in but I would be suspect if my scout based his evaluation on the last three games instead of all 38.

bpo57 said:
Not close to being true. And if you can't defend then they'll iso you into oblivion. The biggest myth in the NBA is that they don't play defense. Greatest athletes in the world. If only it were that simple to coach up defense.

Which is easier: to teach a player with height and quickness and length to play defense or to teach them how to score?

I watch a lot of NBA. I'd rather my team take an elite offensive player with elite physical attributes than an elite defender.

Not having an offensive game gets you out of the league much, much faster.

A point on Lydon's value. NBA teams are more than ever stressing the importance of wing span relative to height. The taller a player is the more chance they have of breaking down and all things being equal, the harder it is to just move around.

the game is a faster, more reliant on speed / quickness / shooting. They dont care if you are 7'0" tall. they do care about your wingspan because functionally on the court, your wing span is more important than your height.

if lydon truly does have a 7'1" wingspan, then that's going to bump him up in the scouts eyes. it doesn't really matter if he's 6'* or 6'9

4-27 prior to the second half outburst.
Exactly. If you're a player, with potential, who is young, you can make millions off of a couple games? Mali struggled for parts of this year. He was fantastic in the second half against Virginia, no question. The NBA is crazy. Good for him, if he just played his way into the 1st round, but it must be so frustrating for coaches who inevitably evaluate throughout the year what the following years roster will look like, only to have a player break out late and leave. eh, such is life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom