Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

No.

Doesn't mean that Judah's decision won't work out unfavorably for SU, but not related.
The only Judah angle I see on this is that it gives Red the flexibility to move JJ over to PG if Judah leaves, but I'm not sure how viable that is; I like JJ more off the ball, from what I've seen.

So he isn't as far along after his first year, but comparison that comes to mind with Westry for me is Iman Shumpert. Doesn't have the same offensive game yet bit hangs his hat on D like Shumpert did.

Last edited:
The question remains...how healthy is that knee?

I am assuming they get him some rehab going and lots of bone broth with extra ground-up chicken bones...

...and come Fall, he gonna hammer time Maui.

In all seriousness, great get for Red and staff!

Awesome as much upside as any of the wings in the portal. This is a great get. Just need Judah back and we'll have a fun team next year.

From the ESPN story:

"I was not recruited to replace Judah," Westry said. "Coach is respecting Judah's process, and I'm doing the same. I know that Judah will do what's best for him, but I welcome the opportunity to play with such a dynamic talent. And I'm super excited to share a backcourt with JJ. I think that our games complement each other in ways that could lead to a lot of success for our team."

From the ESPN story:

"I was not recruited to replace Judah," Westry said. "Coach is respecting Judah's process, and I'm doing the same. I know that Judah will do what's best for him, but I welcome the opportunity to play with such a dynamic talent. And I'm super excited to share a backcourt with JJ. I think that our games complement each other in ways that could lead to a lot of success for our team."
Perfect response. Nice!

From the ESPN story:

What is this? He didnt bash auburn on the way out?

Are players are allowed to do this?

From the ESPN story:

The whole article is a master class in positive, forward-looking comments that I love to hear and he was complimentary of Pearl and Auburn in terms of handling of his injury and his future.

Very complimentary of Red and GMac.

Compare our athleticism to two years ago and it is leaps and bounds better. Compare shooting, leaps and bounds worse. Going to be interesting to see how athleticism plays out over shooting.
Agreed. Whenever cuse has only had one good shooter it’s always seemed apparent that you cannot succeed that way, but after the last few years I’m ready to going back to being the biggest and most athletic team on the court first and foremost. It seems Taylor and/or Bell have opportunities here even with influx of talent to help balance this out a bit. Huge grab. Imaging 2 years ago if starling and westry had both committed. Hope and think Judah returns but sun will come up if not. And Copeland could get bigger shot (sans Bradley or another). Cisse would be amazing addition to this team defensively.

From the ESPN story:

This is awesome. Needless to say, a great day for the program (and a much needed one after last week). Obviously we need a center desperately, but I feel like Red has righted the ship and we are back on track.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom