Chances of HS athlete playing college / pro | Syracusefan.com

Chances of HS athlete playing college / pro

I wonder if those odds are actually correct for pros. you cant extrapolate by the number of slots playing pro ball since guys have 10-15 year careers, 1 guy could take a slot from millions of players over a career.

My daughter is a gymnast. I am guessing that they are taking the total number of seniors participating in high school and club gymnastics. Because most very good gyms won't allow their girls to compete for their high school teams, if they even have high school teams. Very few girls that compete for their high schools will be recruited to compete in college. There may be other sports like that.

Also, note that although the odds of "going pro" are listed for baseball, basketball, and football..they mean quite different things. As far as I know, going pro in football means you are in the NFL, CFL, or arena league.

Going pro in basketball means you could be playing for any number of leagues across the world that pay good money

Going pro in baseball is almost meaningless. It means you could be playing independent ball in the Northern league...or rookie league...and never advance anywhere near the show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom