Chinonso Obokoh | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chinonso Obokoh

Great! I really like Dieng. He's a BIG reason they went to the Final 4.
He's the similar height, blocks shots, high motor, and his offensive game while not great is more advanced than BMK at this point.

Nah...is not as attractive...nor intelligent...but heard he jumps higher!
I don't know: I'm sure when Jack Welch said "jump", she said "how high."

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/191745/262/Niagara-Falls-52-Bishop-Kearney-47-OT
BK loss in their opener against Niagara Falls in OT. I heard NF had some home cooking by the refs late in the game. Obokoh had 11pts and several blocks, but had an up n down game overall struggling with turnovers. Bryant at 6'9, shared PG duties and handled the ball a lot WOWZERS! Gods Power doesn't start but lead BK in scoring with 12pts and knocked down three 3's. I was told that he moves very well for his size and looks to be a high-major player in b-ball as well.

Saw a short clip on the news. It showed Bryant hitting a sweet 3 pointer from the baseline. Didn't know he also had guard skills...

Bryant does not look like a top 15 player.. Like his handle for a semi big.. Only a sophomore, we'll see. Gods Power is a monster, rather have him on the fball side.

Bryant does not look like a top 15 player.. Like his handle for a semi big.. Only a sophomore, we'll see. Gods Power is a monster, rather have him on the fball side.
You prefer the God blocking or sacking the QB in college? I rather see him on the defensive side because I don't think that I've ever seen a 6'10 guy on the defensive line jaydamn.png

You prefer the God blocking or sacking the QB in college? I rather see him on the defensive side because I don't I've ever seen a 6'10 guy on the defensive lineView attachment 1576

He dropped two trey's in the highlight real, but moves slow.. I think I might like him as a big ugly on the oline. But a 6'10 pass blocker would be fun.. Hopefully has good core strength..

You prefer the God blocking or sacking the QB in college? I rather see him on the defensive side because I don't think that I've ever seen a 6'10 guy on the defensive lineView attachment 1576
Ed "Too Tall" Jones, defensive end for the Cowboys in the 70's and 80's was 6'9" I think.

Ed "Too Tall" Jones, defensive end for the Cowboys in the 70's and 80's was 6'9" I think.
Thanks, that was a little before my time but I appreciate the info. Currently the tallest D-lineman that I could think of is Calais Campbell from the Cards. Dude is 6'8 and I remember watching him up close at The U, and he's definitely one massive human being. If Gods Power is legitimately 6'10, then it will be a real treat to see him wreck havoc on the d-line.

Thanks, that was a little before my time but I appreciate the info. Currently the tallest D-lineman that I could think of is Calais Campbell from the Cards. Dude is 6'8 and I remember watching him up close at The U, and he's definitely one massive human being. If Gods Power is legitimately 6'10, then it will be a real treat to see him wreck havoc on the d-line.

Francis--any insight on this kid? Are we recruiting him for hoops, too, or just football? Where does SU stand?

Francis--any insight on this kid? Are we recruiting him for hoops, too, or just football? Where does SU stand?
Haven't heard anything yet on the hoops side but the staff has been attending BK a lot because of Chino/Bryant. So I would assume that he'll get a look as well.

Haven't heard anything yet on the hoops side but the staff has been attending BK a lot because of Chino/Bryant. So I would assume that he'll get a look as well.

Hey Hop has been one of the better football recruiters too (Mike Williams) so I'm sure he'll forward any info he can over to the football staff if he believes Godspower is better suited for the gridiron :)

BK got their 1st win of the season on Saturday against Albany Academy 63-41.

"Chinoso Obokoh finished with 16 points and Thomas Bryant added 10 points and seven rebounds to lead Bishop Kearney (1-1). Antwoine Anderson chipped in six assists as the Kings used a 27-4 run bridging the second and third quarters to pull away."

BasketBull Hoops Fest tips off Thursday

The Hoops Fest will feature many future NCAA Division I stars. Worcester Academy's Rene Castro is committed to Butler while Northfield Mount Hermon will showcase three Div. I commits including Peter Miller (Princeton), Anthony Dallier (Yale) and Zena Edosomwan (Harvard).

Perhaps the top player to attend the event, Chinonso Obokoh of Bishop Kearney (NY) will attend Syracuse next year.

Bishop Kearney will take on St. Peter's Prep of New Jersey in the marquee matchup of the event Sunday at 7:15 p.m. The game will also feature Division I recruits Trevis Wyche of St. Peter's and Godspower Ogide, an undecided junior from Bishop Kearney.

"Bishop Kearney senior and Syracuse University recruit Chinonso Obokoh missed the Kings' 69-50 loss Tuesday night to Buffalo Canisius with a foot injury and is out indefinitely, according to coach Jon Boon.

Obokoh, who stands 6 feet, 10 inches, signed a letter of intent to play with the Orange in November. He averaged 14.9 points and 9.8 rebounds last season."

That's unfortunate to hear. He was dealing with the injury before the season started. So hopefully they'll give him time to fully heal instead of having it linger throughout the whole season. Thomas Bryant had 10pts in the loss.

i dont understand how BK is losing so many games right now with a potential top 5 kid in upstate ny??

i dont understand how BK is losing so many games right now with a potential top 5 kid in upstate ny??
The team chemistry is horrible. Chino's injury has had some affect but I don't believe Coach Boon has done a good job coaching up the team this season.

I just don't understand it..when my HS had a D1 player on the team, we ran all the way to the state's...they have two maybe even three and aren't even .500 ball club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom