Chinonso Obokoh | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Chinonso Obokoh

Webster Schroeder has a really good team this year. 3 great shooters and a great 6'5 foward. BK have played elite teams this year. So i think people should take that into consideration. There is no cupcakes on their schedule. I do think they have a small chemistry issue but thats not the main reason. Chinonso only played about 14 minutes

"Senior Chinonso Obokoh came off the bench to score 16 points with 10 rebounds to power Bishop Kearney (4-5). Thomas Bryant chipped in 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Kings, who used a 17-4 fourth quarter run to overcome an eight-point third quarter deficit."

It's good to see Chino back and making a big impact in these games.

"Senior Chinonso Obokoh came off the bench to scored 16 points with 10 rebounds to power Bishop Kearney (4-5). Thomas Bryant chipped in 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Kings, who used a 17-4 fourth quarter run to overcome an eight-point third quarter deficit."

It's good to see Chino back and making a big impact in these games.
Yes! Go Chino, turn this team around.

Kearney senior sensation Chinonso Obokoh, who has committed to attend Syracuse next season, played in his first game in weeks after suffering a leg injury earlier in the season. He came off the bench and it took him a while to get into a rhythm, but when he did the Marauders didn't have an answer.

He scored 11 of his team-high 16 points in the second half and scored the first four points in the fourth to lead the Kings back into the game.

St. Joe's coach Mark Simon said his team just couldn't handle Kearney's size in the end.
"That's a pretty big team and they're physical," he said. "That's the best game they've played all year. They've kind of struggled to put all the pieces together and they did in the fourth quarter. ... We couldn't handle Chinonso, he's just a load. He gave us the most trouble."
Click

Senior Chinonso Obokoh came off the bench to score 16 points with 10 rebounds to power Bishop Kearney to a 63-56 win over Buffalo St. Joseph’s in a non-league boys game Thursday.
Thomas Bryant chipped in 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Kings, who used a 17-4 fourth-quarter run to overcome an eight-point, third-quarter deficit. St. Joe’s is 12-3.

BK 15 12 15 21 — 63
S 10 19 19 8 — 56

Click

I don't see them winning at Fairport
It'll definitely be tough for them on the road but BK ended the season strong and seemed to finally have put it together once Chino came back to the lineup. I'm sure BK was the last team that any of these top seeded teams wanted to see in the early goings with the talent that they have.

It'll definitely be tough for them on the road but BK ended the season strong and seemed to finally have put it together once Chino came back to the lineup. I'm sure BK was the last team that any of these top seeded teams wanted to see in the early goings with the talent that they have.
Cino is going to be the rebounding force we lack this year.DC2 has been a flop so far and there is no reason to think he will come back improved. If Jimmy can get DC into a big man session over the summer maybe we get a better player next season.Whether its weight or technique Dejuan is underperforming for a 5 star rated player. Forget the freshman card. Its been overplayed.

Cino is going to be the rebounding force we lack this year.DC2 has been a flop so far and there is no reason to think he will come back improved. If Jimmy can get DC into a big man session over the summer maybe we get a better player next season.Whether its weight or technique Dejuan is underperforming for a 5 star rated player. Forget the freshman card. Its been overplayed.
Let me get this straight. The 5 star NY player of the year had trouble adjusting to college ball and you think he will be replaced by a frosh who doesn't have those credentials?

How about you let Chino develop into his potential and try and not fool yourself into another set of unrealistic expectations. Let's not forget the freshman card, apparently it can't be said enough for some. It takes most bigs time to develop. If people can show a little patience Chino will be a good player for us down the road.

I thought most of the quick trigger, flop-calling, jackwagons had slowed their roll a little after their big banquet of crow they had after the whole Fab thing. Good thing Cali has a short memory because I think he'll be having a big plate of seconds come next year.

Let me get this straight. The 5 star NY player of the year had trouble adjusting to college ball and you think he will be replaced by a frosh who doesn't have those credentials?

How about you let Chino develop into his potential and try and not fool yourself into another set of unrealistic expectations. Let's not forget the freshman card, apparently it can't be said enough for some. It takes most bigs time to develop. If people can show a little patience Chino will be a good player for us down the road.

I thought most of the quick trigger, flop-calling, jackwagons had slowed their roll a little after their big banquet of crow they had after the whole Fab thing. Good thing Cali has a short memory because I think he'll be having a big plate of seconds come next year.
Two years ago my answering machine was besieged by rants from an acquaintance about Fab Melo. I told him pretty much what you are saying. It took him until we lost FM to admit that he was wrong. Why do longtime fans of SU keep forgetting that every big man who has ever come into the program weren't finished products from day one? Remember to live and learn folks.

Maybe its time to lock DC2 in a room with Bernie Fine so he can be properly developed. On second thought...

BK won their 7 vs 10 matchup against Gates-Chili 74-46 and will play the #2 seed Fairport on Friday at 7.
"Chinoso Obokoh recorded 15 points and 13 rebounds and Thomas Bryant grabbed 10 rebounds with his 19 points for BK (10-7)."

BK down 27-24 with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. Bryant and Chino both picked up 2 fouls in the 1st half. Bryant sat the whole 2nd and Chino sat out the last 5 minutes in the 2nd qtr, which ended up sparking a Fairport run.

Chino currently blocking and altering everything in sight.

BK down 37-35 after 3.

Tied at 41 with 2 minutes to go. BK held Fairport scoreless for the first 5 minutes of the 4th qtr but could only build up a 4pt lead during that span.

Thomas Bryant scores 4 out of BK's last 6 points and Chino hit the go ahead free throw to give BK the 47-43 win :) Both finished with 9pts.

Anybody plan on watching them in the semi's at Blue Cross Arena next Thursday against Rush-Henrietta?

Webster-Schroeder the 1 seed only won their game against the 8 seed 46-45 tonight. I'm hoping BK can get another crack at them in the finals.

Jeff DiVeronica mentions as you said Francis, that Chino blocking shots, altering them as well to give Fairport fits in the second half.
Kearney holds on, wins 47-43!

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...TS08/302220054/Kearney-advances-past-Fairport
Article on the game. Chino 9pts, 17rbs, 3blks. th_shaqoohhh.png Like I said before, he needs time but as long as he continues to work hard and stay injury free. I don't see why he can't become a Dieng like player for us.

Don't want to be rude but, Coleman is playing eight minutes less a game and is STILL only averaging One point less and half a rebound less than Rak Who was also a top 20 player! I wouldn't say Coleman is a flop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom