Clarifying the NCAA eligibility rules | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clarifying the NCAA eligibility rules

Matthew Gutierrez’s most recent article about portal pounding said the following about Jimmy:

”He graduates from Cornell next month with a near 4.0 GPA in finance, and then he’d have one season of eligibility at his next school.”

So he says one year.

Of course, the article also says Cuse has a shot at Tre Mitchell (lol) so I don’t know what to believe.
So everything in this thread is completely secondary in relation to the Tre Mitchell comment. Are any of our insiders hearing any truth to the Tre Mitchell comment above?

Jimmy could have transferred and become immediately eligible.

Do players who opted out get an extra year?

The Ivy League kids aren’t getting special treatment.
You make last year’s freshman at Ivy leagues in essence pre-freshman that isn’t happening.

The Ivy League doesn’t allow kids to redshirt that is part of their deal. Those kids know the rules going in.

The Ivy League kids aren’t getting an extra year they are retaining the year they would have lost.
I really don’t believe we know this yet at all. Technically, I think you could be correct, but until the ncaa clarifies, it’s just us guessing.

Is one year of Jimmy worth it if frank decides to portal because of the decision?

Matthew Gutierrez’s most recent article about portal pounding said the following about Jimmy:

”He graduates from Cornell next month with a near 4.0 GPA in finance, and then he’d have one season of eligibility at his next school.”

So he says one year.

Of course, the article also says Cuse has a shot at Tre Mitchell (lol) so I don’t know what to believe.
4.0 GPA at Cornell, father as coach, brother on team, and gym in the house. Bet he can pick up zone rotations quickly.

4.0 GPA at Cornell, father as coach, brother on team, and gym in the house. Bet he can pick up zone rotations quickly.
Brother will be in LA this summer. Glad he can get shots up though.

Is there a limit on the time JB could spend talking zone with his son this su? I know it would be tough to monitor unless Jimmy Jr rats his dad out.

Is there a limit on the time JB could spend talking zone with his son this su? I know it would be tough to monitor unless Jimmy Jr rats his dad out.
He can only talk to him on Tuesday and Thursday for no more than two hours.
NCAA rule book 3:17 paragraph 7

Perhaps the answer is here:

8 ÷ 2(2+2) = ?

Perhaps the answer is here:

8 ÷ 2(2+2) = ?
It’s 16 and anyone who says otherwise they didn’t do well in math.
Always straight from the left and go right.

It’s 16 and anyone who says otherwise they didn’t do well in math.
Always straight from the left and go right.
Depends on when they took math.

Waters had a story this year, after every game, every game, Jb would bring game film home and review it with Jimmy.

Last edited:
Ivy League athletes can’t redshirt.
It’s an Ivy League rule.

The extra year to compete sentence from the NCAA is protecting the Ivy League athletes from their own rules.

6 years to use eligibility is for kids not in the Ivy League if they wanted to use a redshirt in the future and not lose a year of eligibility.

The idea the Ivy League kids are getting an extra year because their own league decided to opt is not in the rules.
ivies is a bit strange.. they can play 5 yrs, but they cant play as grad students, they have to advance every year towards a degree.. thats why instead of a RS they end up withdrawing from school to get the yr back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom