Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

SU has now lowered the top half of the three hundreds to $66

Yeah WNY does not care about SU athletics past Rochester. For the most part, they don't care about college athletics much as a whole. It's a pro sports town and anything that isn't Bills/Sabres related doesn't get paid much attention (unless UB actually does anything, and even then it takes a while to catch on).
This is very true. I am from the Southern Tier...have always rooted for Syracuse...but really became a FAN in all meaning of the word when I moved to Iowa. Very college sports oriented state with passion for their teams. Really made me more of a Cuse fan to be honest.

You obviously want this game to sell out which it’s not going to. I still say 45k will be there tomorrow.

But to put things into perspective. Last time Clemson was in the Dome there were 36k fans in the seats. Last time Clemson was in the Dome we were hoping to break 40k fans in the Dome, that was the benchmark. Move forward 2 years, coming off a bowl game, 2 sellouts last season, and now the benchmark is a sellout. Yeah sucks we won’t sellout, but we’ll be in the mid 40s which we would have killed for 2 years ago. It’s progress, it’s not going to happen overnight where we get consistent crowds. If this was a 7pm game or 3:30pm game…I think it sells out. It’ll still be a great atmosphere and loud tomorrow

You obviously want this game to sell out which it’s not going to. I still say 45k will be there tomorrow.

But to put things into perspective. Last time Clemson was in the Dome there were 36k fans in the seats. Last time Clemson was in the Dome we were hoping to break 40k fans in the Dome, that was the benchmark. Move forward 2 years, coming off a bowl game, 2 sellouts last season, and now the benchmark is a sellout. Yeah sucks we won’t sellout, but we’ll be in the mid 40s which we would have killed for 2 years ago. It’s progress, it’s not going to happen overnight where we get consistent crowds. If this was a 7pm game or 3:30pm game…I think it sells out. It’ll still be a great atmosphere and loud tomorrow
Last time Clemson was in the Dome was a Friday night and during Covid restrictions. I think the Covid restrictions kept some people away that usually would be there.

There has been decent movement today. Hopefully when people get off work today there is another solid push into the night.

This is very true. I am from the Southern Tier...have always rooted for Syracuse...but really became a FAN in all meaning of the word when I moved to Iowa. Very college sports oriented state with passion for their teams. Really made me more of a Cuse fan to be honest.
I am the same. I’m from the Syracuse area but became a much bigger Cuse fan when I moved to North Carolina.

I get it, but I would also say that's really mediocre fandom.
That’s every town that goes through 2.5 decades of mostly trash. The Red Sox fans would be the same way under similar circumstances.

i love the obsession with our fanbase to blame itself for the attendance issue.

People are paid to drive demand and put people in the seats.

New dome

4-0

Potential all americans

Clemson

There’s so many angles to push this game.

Why dont we have a fan rally tonight, before gameday?

Why isn’t there anything happening in the community?

New dome

4-0

Potential all americans

Clemson

Someone on here gets it

New dome

4-0

Potential all americans

Clemson

Everyone is way too complacent in my opinion about it.

This team is something special.

They deserve this place to be full

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but the fact that even on a Homecoming weekend, with a lot of alumni coming in, and it's still a grind to get over 40,000 is pretty surprising.
We overestimate the impact of Homecoming for a private school. You'll probably have ~1K alumni up there not the thousands. There are events that are happening throughout the weekend that they may find more important than the football game. Homecoming/Orange Central is a topic for another thread because Syracuse has not done what they should to make the weekend feel important. This has been a problem since I was a student close to 20 years ago.

New dome

4-0

Potential all americans

Clemson

Anthony DiFino (with input from the Fan Council) was the driving force behind the Cuse of the Quad tent, food trucks, etc. Anthony was a great marketing person who had a lot of new ideas and arranged the Friday night pep rallies in Armory Square before a big game..

It was a big loss for SU Athletics when AD John Cunningham hired him as the Assistant AD at the University of Cincinnati. AD Cunningham was an Assistant AD at SU with Mark Coyle and saw first hand everything Anthony did. He made a great hire.

We overestimate the impact of Homecoming for a private school. You'll probably have ~1K alumni up there not the thousands. There are events that are happening throughout the weekend that they may find more important than the football game. Homecoming/Orange Central is a topic for another thread because Syracuse has not done what they should to make the weekend feel important. This has been a problem since I was a student close to 20 years ago.
I was told today that 2000 alumni are returning to campus this weekend.

Anthony DiFino (with input from the Fan Council) was the driving force behind the Cuse of the Quad tent, food trucks, etc. Anthony was a great marketing person who had a lot of new ideas and arranged the Friday night pep rallies in Armory Square before a big game..

It was a big loss for SU Athletics when AD John Cunningham hired him as the Assistant AD at the University of Cincinnati. AD Cunningham was an Assistant AD at SU with Mark Coyle and saw first hand everything Anthony did. He made a great hire.
Just another good idea in the long list of the “more” that the department can do.

Everyone is way too complacent in my opinion about it.

This team is something special.

They deserve this place to be full
Not to nitpick and I do agree but the verdict on special remains to be seen.

F2D2FD85-D094-4680-8104-C8344F66DCC7.jpeg
Looks like it’s definitely moving steady..

New dome

4-0

Potential all americans

Clemson

I was surprised at the lack of hype, on the student side , they got it done , on the general public , not so much.

given a choice of homecoming vs Clemson or parent weekend for fri night BC.

If my kid was there I would be going for the Clemson weekend.. Noon its over go do stuff go to dinner..
Drive home and back the same day if i want to from the whole state

BC its a friday which means take time off, stay over and a lesser game..

That’s every town that goes through 2.5 decades of mostly trash. The Red Sox fans would be the same way under similar circumstances.
Summer of 1992 I walked up to the Fenway box office a half hour before first pitch and bought 4 tickets in the grandstand behind home plate.

December 1994 I walked up to the Foxboro Stadium box office 30 minutes before kickof and bought 2 end zone seats for $36 total.

Years later the Sox would have a decade long sellout streak, and the Pats have a season ticket waiting list that runs 20 years.

Fans are pretty much the same all over when it comes to attendance. Win a lot and you can’t keep them away. Lose a lot and no amount of marketing helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom