Clemson Group Tickets & Tailgate | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Group Tickets & Tailgate

I may be able to help you out. I have had a bunch of people cancel on me already. Will receive final word probably tomorrow.

Awesome! Let me know. If you don't mind, PM me with details! Thanks!

I've got my tickets for the game next weekend but ended up with a hotel in Greenville...has anyone bought parking passes off of stubhub and if so, what's a good lot to look at? Thanks and go orange.

Hey John, the parking pass that came with the tickets, does that guarantee a spot in the lot near where the tailgate will be?

Help a noob out ..

While I have been to more than a few hoops games I have never been to a Cuse football game let alone tailgated one. What do I need to know ahead of time? What should I plan on bringing with me? I really have no clue.

Thanks in advance.

As posted by Southern Living Magazine:

Sometimes neccessity dictates traditions, and in Clemson SC this is on full display. Tailgating outside of Death Valley was introduced and improved upon due in large part to the small town in which Clemson resides.

There are only really two roads into Clemson, so as the stadium and crowds grew, so did the lead time that was necessary to get to the stadium; lead-time that usually encompassed the lunch time hour. With 80,000+ coming to the small college town, dining options and accommodations made tailgating a neccessity.

But in Clemson it never was an unwelcomed neccessity. Dining and unwinding on the beautiful, compact, rolling campus, with beautiful architecture, large shade trees, and a family friendly atmosphere, has become a highly demanded reservation. Fans pay big bucks for prime tailgating areas and the RV crowd rolls in on Thursdays for a Saturday game.

Many tailgates have the efficiency of a school cafeteria, encompassing breakfast, lunch and dinner, while also possessing the menu of a five star restaurant and the service of your locally owned Southern cafe’. And while the food and cocktails is the focal point of the prelude to kick-off, the surrounding activites of the day give the entire area the feel of a giant fall festival.

A football weekend in Clemson is something for the bucket list. Oposing fans are welcomed like long lost friends and first time unafiliated visitors are treated like royal embassadors. Try to make it to Tiger Town for a big game in the fall. You won’t be dissapointed.

Reactions: cto
Hey John, the parking pass that came with the tickets, does that guarantee a spot in the lot near where the tailgate will be?
John may correct me, but I believe that we are tailgating at the parking lot where we have passes. You are guaranteed a parking space, with a pass, up to 1 hour before kickoff. Pretty sure about that part.

Help a noob out ..

While I have been to more than a few hoops games I have never been to a Cuse football game let alone tailgated one. What do I need to know ahead of time? What should I plan on bringing with me? I really have no clue.

Thanks in advance.

1.) Get there early. Even though it's a 7:00 game, traffic is going to get heavy sooner rather than later. I'm shooting for 10:30 - 11:00.

2.) Plan on staying an hour or two after the game in the tailgate lot to let traffic die down.

3.) JohnCuse44 said: "I have built in a small budget for the tailgate nothing extravagant (hamburgers, hot dogs, beer etc.) feel free to bring your own food or beer or share what we have. Anyone in the Syracuse area if you could bring some Gianelli Sausage you would make a lot of friends!"

So, I'm sure he'll iron out the details shortly with what he's bringing and we can kind of fill in the gaps.

4.)If you have a certain beverage of choice, it's always good to bring as it may not be there.

I'm sure someone else will be able to add a little more...

1.) Get there early. Even though it's a 7:00 game, traffic is going to get heavy sooner rather than later. I'm shooting for 10:30 - 11:00.

2.) Plan on staying an hour or two after the game in the tailgate lot to let traffic die down.

3.) JohnCuse44 said: "I have built in a small budget for the tailgate nothing extravagant (hamburgers, hot dogs, beer etc.) feel free to bring your own food or beer or share what we have. Anyone in the Syracuse area if you could bring some Gianelli Sausage you would make a lot of friends!"

So, I'm sure he'll iron out the details shortly with what he's bringing and we can kind of fill in the gaps.

4.)If you have a certain beverage of choice, it's always good to bring as it may not be there.

I'm sure someone else will be able to add a little more...

I have a case of Shocktop, Coors Light, and Hard Cider that I plan on bringing a long!

I have a case of Shocktop, Coors Light, and Hard Cider that I plan on bringing a long!

Be careful with those glass bottles. Though not strictly enforced, I think glass bottles are prohibited at the Y beach area. So if you are going with glass bottles, have a bottle coozie or drink from a solo.

Also, if you are planning on running a generator, try to bring one that is not too noisy and be considerate of where you place it. A lot of tailgaiters go with an Array of marine batteries to run their setup. There are some real professional tailgaters out there, though not me.

You will be welcomed to many tailgates, especially those closer to the stadium and away from Y beach. Y beach is a little lighter and less professional in their taligating than the IPTAY lots.

Of course, the main thing you probably will want to bring to your tailgate is a bag chair, phone charger and beverages.

You got a parking pass which guarantees a spot at the church. People who go it late after I was sold out of dedicated parking spots are encouraged to part at the lot across the street from us but those are not reserved. I tried to buy some from them but they do game day sales only.

Hey Guys, I won't be driving my truck because we have to be in Atlanta Friday for another function and consequently won't be bringing the grill I had at Wake last Saturday. To make up for that I'm lobbying for the better half to bring home made pulled pork sliders but she needs to know if someone will have a grill so she can heat up the pulled pork. Trust me, you won't want to miss these.

The Church said we are welcome to start setting up as early as 7:00 AM. We have half the parking lot and are welcome to setup Pop-up tents they only ask that we leave enough space for cars to get by. Personally I am not going to get their until about 11:30 or 12:00 for a 7:00 game but if others want to show up earlier than that you are welcome.

I have about $300 in the budget which I plan to buy beer, hamburgers and hot dogs. I was going to buy Labatt Blue or something of similar quality and bring a personal stash of IPAs which I like. If anyone has any specific requests let me know. Mark was going to try to hook us up with some free stuff not sure if he got that deal worked out.

Pauline with Syracuse University is going to be there and she is going to get us some Rally Towels and Buttons and stuff so I guess we are now the official university tailgate. She is looking for a couple of tickets so let me know if anyone here is looking to sell.

This is a pretty crappy map but well I tried. We are the orange lot below the backup lot is in Red. Again if you were one of the 45 who purchased a parking pass you are guaranteed a spot. All who want to head over to our tailgate are welcome you do NOT need to have a parking pass to come to the tailgate just to park. There are about 85 with the Charlotte club and a bus full of 35 from Atlanta.

codyman56%2FClemson%20Parking.jpg

Oh and I need everyone who can to bring grills, coolers, pop-up tents and any other tailgate equipment you might have the more the merry. Naturally you will want to bring any food or drink you would like.

Lastly the weather forecast is Sunny with a high of 74 and a low of 48 for Saturday.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the "Charlotte club?" Is there a bus?

Oh and I need everyone who can to bring grills, coolers, pop-up tents and any other tailgate equipment you might have the more the merry. Naturally you will want to bring any food or drink you would like.
Planning on bringing canopy, table, and coolers w/ beer. Working on getting a grill, but don't know as of yet.

Is there a specific half of the lot we have or just half the spots in general?

I'm dreading my 8 hour drive with a 7 year old, but looking forward to showing him a real tailgate experience in a legendary environment. I can bring a canopy and any other drinks or food as needed.

Planning on bringing canopy, table, and coolers w/ beer. Working on getting a grill, but don't know as of yet.

Is there a specific half of the lot we have or just half the spots in general?

I have asked that they let us have one specific section of the Parkin lot and they will do so as much as possible. Now if some people arrive late they might have to just park anywhere there is an open spot.

I've been thinking given the budget and size of our group if I should just go ahead and buy a keg. There must be somewhere in town you can do that. would appreciate a Clemson person chiming in if they know where to get one. If I did any vote on brands? Is that legal, pretty sure it should be but I am no SC law expert? What is the fan favorite beer PM me and I will tally the votes.

Also 4 more tickets just opened up. I had some who needed to cancel due to family illness. Anyway want more tickets?

Some fans have emailed me about setting up a list of things we are all planning to bring so we can corrdinate. We will be emailing a sign up list and I will also post something here.

This is such a great community of fans I really appreciate everyone here. Sorry I have not been as on top of things I had been over the past few weeks. Business has really picked up on me work wise.

I've been thinking given the budget and size of our group if I should just go ahead and buy a keg. There must be somewhere in town you can do that. would appreciate a Clemson person chiming in if they know where to get one. If I did any vote on brands? Is that legal, pretty sure it should be but I am no SC law expert? What is the fan favorite beer PM me and I will tally the votes.

Also 4 more tickets just opened up. I had some who needed to cancel due to family illness. Anyway want more tickets?

Some fans have emailed me about setting up a list of things we are all planning to bring so we can corrdinate. We will be emailing a sign up list and I will also post something here.

This is such a great community of fans I really appreciate everyone here. Sorry I have not been as on top of things I had been over the past few weeks. Business has really picked up on me work wise.
Bi Lo grocery store on SC 93 in Clemson have sold Kegs in the past. I will try and check today after work.

The church parking lot is private property so you should be alright. I've never had a problem with open container tickets on gameday but I have heard stories of police being anal about it. Also there is a parking deck across the street from your spot but it fills up pretty early from what I hear.

I'm driving up from Atlanta with my 8-year old daughter on Saturday. We have tickets, and a parking pass for a different lot, but would love to tailgate. What can I help with/bring?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom